Disney Infinity 3.0

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Disney Infinity 3.0

Postby nikkigirl01 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Is anyone buying it this year??? My kids are begging for it, and I know very little about it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me what I need to know....

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0

Postby bfshoppermom » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:20 pm

I won't be buying into it because it really is for kids that can afford to be "collectors." I don't have much to spend and my kids don't get gifts from extended family at all so we aren't looking for "gift ideas."

The addition of Star Wars definitely would intrigue my kids but we don't have any previous editions of Infinity and only getting a starter kit would likely end up to be disappointing in a short amount of time.

So if you have previous editions - this might be a great addition. Or if you have lots of extended family that would buy the "extras" to expand the starter pack.

~~Darci~~
Black Friday Pro

Postby ~~Darci~~ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:30 pm

We have it and it's a lot of fun! We only have the 2 characters that game with the starter pack and then bought Yoda and another character. I bought Chewy for a stocking stuffer. You by no means NEED additional characters and it's a lot of fun! Yes there are expansion packs but you don't have to buy them. They are like buying an additional game or season pass for other games.

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:29 am

We have 1 and 2 and i will be buying 3. You only need the starter pack to play. Extra characters are $10-13 and are often on sale. I think BF last year saw they at $9 at Target and BiG1 50% off at Meijer. Its a fun game without all the violence of todays video games. I recommend it!

awestley1980
Black Friday Pro

Postby awestley1980 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:49 pm

nikkigirl01 wrote:Is anyone buying it this year??? My kids are begging for it, and I know very little about it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me what I need to know....

Firstly, you'll need to buy the starter kit which includes game, portal and a couple characters. You'll want to buy this kit for whichever console they currently play.

Characters are usually $14.99 I believe. Toy r Us, Best Buy and Gamestop will have B2G3 type deals from time to time. All previous characters (Disney 1.0, 2.0) will work with 3.0. Gamestop has a good collection of used characters for cheaper.

I would also recommend craigslist for purchasing old ones. You'd be surprised how many parents sell their kids collections because they don't play them anymore.
------------------
Anthony
Twitter | Facebook

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm

we will be getting three in part because 1 and 2 are fun and much played, they have the 2 portal for their 2ds as well and the characters are usable with both. the characters aren't that expensive and many times places offer them b1 g1 etc. It is something that makes for a cheap reward for grades, or to add as a small birthday present etc through the year

Steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Return to “Off Topic”