2015 Check-In Thread

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

User avatar
Kaelha
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:30 pm

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby Kaelha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:10 pm

nikkigirl01 wrote:I'm back for this year's fun. Life has been crazy and I have barely even thought about the holidays at this point.


Oye! You're not kidding. My mom moved in last October and I love her dearly but she's driving me insane (and that was a short trip in good traffic to begin with). Then a stray cat decided to give birth in a pit she dug next to the house and had five babies. I called several places and no one could take them. I finally got a hold of Camp Companion and they are having me foster them until they are weened and big enough for neutering/spay. Then we will set them up for adoption. Now, we already had 5 cats. So now we have 11 cats and even though it's temporary, I am now a crazy cat lady. Did I mention that when my dear FIL died in August, we adopted his little dog?

Three teenage daughters, one elderly mother who complains about everything, 11 cats, four dogs, and a husband who's spending a lot of time in the garage to get away from it all. :lol:

I am sorry....what were we talking about? :lol:

User avatar
cinemike16
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3500
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby cinemike16 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:45 am

Kaelha wrote:
Three teenage daughters, one elderly mother who complains about everything, 11 cats, four dogs, and a husband who's spending a lot of time in the garage to get away from it all. :lol:

Wow you really have a FULL HOUSE don't you? :lol:

User avatar
bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:48 am

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby bfshoppermom » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:12 am

inthedark wrote:
bfshoppermom wrote:Checking back in. Did not lurk through much this year. Been very busy...I am a single mom with 3 kids in 3 school this year (1 elem, 1 middle, 1 high school) and they are running me ragged. Oldest is only 15 so not a driver yet but she participates in everything musical. There is also some health wise going on with her...for 2 weeks she has felt dizzy (not vertigo) and like passing out. EKG fine, CT scan fine, and all bloodwork fine on two different occasions. So frustrated for her because she just wants to feel better. She has been my black Friday partner for 2 years now and my 13 year old may join us this year as well.



When my daughter was having dizzy spells and then passed out while in the shower it turned out she was very dehydrated.


Isn't that, for sure. All she drinks is water and she drinks a lot of it. She got in that habit in her soccer days. When she went to ER her urine was pale yellow with no markers for dehydration. They gave her the IV drip anyway just to be sure and it made no difference. She sees a neurologist Monday.

User avatar
Kaelha
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1030
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:30 pm

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby Kaelha » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 am

cinemike16 wrote:
Kaelha wrote:
Three teenage daughters, one elderly mother who complains about everything, 11 cats, four dogs, and a husband who's spending a lot of time in the garage to get away from it all. :lol:

Wow you really have a FULL HOUSE don't you? :lol:


:lol: Just got the news that the kittens are big enough for spay/neuter on Monday morn.. So they will be put up for adoption within a week or so. That will help. Also got an application for mom's senior housing. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel lol.

bfshoppermom, I hope your daughter is well soon and it's nothing serious.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby pandagirl » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi all!

User avatar
LarandaW
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:34 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby LarandaW » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:55 pm

pandagirl wrote:Hi all!



Hi!! Welcome Back!!!

User avatar
allisoncrews
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:27 am

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby allisoncrews » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:07 pm

Checking back in....
Welcome back, everyone!
Super excited!

User avatar
awestley1980
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:38 pm
Location: Prior Lake, MN

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby awestley1980 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Hey Crew! What's happening!
------------------
Anthony
Twitter | Facebook

User avatar
lovebf
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1453
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:06 am

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby lovebf » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:31 am

bfshoppermom wrote:
inthedark wrote:
bfshoppermom wrote:Checking back in. Did not lurk through much this year. Been very busy...I am a single mom with 3 kids in 3 school this year (1 elem, 1 middle, 1 high school) and they are running me ragged. Oldest is only 15 so not a driver yet but she participates in everything musical. There is also some health wise going on with her...for 2 weeks she has felt dizzy (not vertigo) and like passing out. EKG fine, CT scan fine, and all bloodwork fine on two different occasions. So frustrated for her because she just wants to feel better. She has been my black Friday partner for 2 years now and my 13 year old may join us this year as well.



When my daughter was having dizzy spells and then passed out while in the shower it turned out she was very dehydrated.


Isn't that, for sure. All she drinks is water and she drinks a lot of it. She got in that habit in her soccer days. When she went to ER her urine was pale yellow with no markers for dehydration. They gave her the IV drip anyway just to be sure and it made no difference. She sees a neurologist Monday.



Glad she is up on her water. However, water has no electrolytes and often is not enough if someone is dehydrated (not that is your daughters issue). There is something to mom's chicken soup when we are sick....it is full of sodium and nutrients that we need when losing fluids either through illness or exercise or whatever reason. Water is great but often people need more if they are actually dehydrated. Hope everything goes well with your daughter. My son had some issues with blacking out a few times. Nothing really came of it however, I believe it is autoimmune and we will see it come out as he gets older.
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

vivk1010
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby vivk1010 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:35 am

I am here for another year!!! Cant wait to see what will be available.

User avatar
shrcpark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby shrcpark » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Kaelha wrote:
nikkigirl01 wrote:I'm back for this year's fun. Life has been crazy and I have barely even thought about the holidays at this point.


Oye! You're not kidding. My mom moved in last October and I love her dearly but she's driving me insane (and that was a short trip in good traffic to begin with). Then a stray cat decided to give birth in a pit she dug next to the house and had five babies. I called several places and no one could take them. I finally got a hold of Camp Companion and they are having me foster them until they are weened and big enough for neutering/spay. Then we will set them up for adoption. Now, we already had 5 cats. So now we have 11 cats and even though it's temporary, I am now a crazy cat lady. Did I mention that when my dear FIL died in August, we adopted his little dog?

Three teenage daughters, one elderly mother who complains about everything, 11 cats, four dogs, and a husband who's spending a lot of time in the garage to get away from it all. :lol:

I am sorry....what were we talking about? :lol:


You can literally say, "And a partridge in a pair tree."

User avatar
VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:27 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Back and almost ready :mrgreen:

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 988
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: NC

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby crazymomofthree » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Here.

User avatar
john.daggett
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:15 am
Location: Branford, CT
Contact:

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby john.daggett » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:58 am

Welcome back all.

I'm back!!!

Sorry for the delay, but seriously we are off to such a slow start this year!

User avatar
Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper
Posts: 2646
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby Shopper X » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:54 pm

I am now back.

Tek is maintaining the Retail Store Opening Times list this year, so hopefully I'll have more time to shop for deals. I'm considering doing the spreadsheet again this year. Need to check to see if the scripts are still working.


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests