Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Re: 2015 Check-In Thread

Postby lovebf » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:14 am

tinytim35 wrote:
lovebf wrote:Hello, hello :D

Everyone interested in doing a card and/or ornament exchange again? Should I get that posted or wait a little bit? To soon? or never to soon? :lol:

I'm up for both!!

The post is up and I am ready for names and address' :D
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

Kento87
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kento87 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:07 am

I'm here. Slow access during the year due to a new job and self-limiting internet usage. Sad, not looking forward to BF this year since I dont have anything at all I need other then stuff for the kids.... No tools, TV's, Game Consoles, nada :(

bogart
Black Friday Pro

Postby bogart » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm still lurking. And still not quite a fan of this "Black Thursday" starting time. Just not the same. But, looking for a PS4 for me this year, so I might have to get involved!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:13 pm

We always buy about 309874923874 bottles of the B1G2F A&H laundry detergent from Walgreens. I need to stock up on batteries this year, I haven't bought AA batteries since they were B1G1 at Home Depot 4(?) years ago. I bought that many back then and have finally ran out.
I may look for a PS3 for the minion.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm kinda here! Just checking in so I might forget to check in again for awhile.....
Starting to get a little antsy... thinking about all the stuff I want to look for...

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Hubby wants to buy computers for the kids and that wipes out our Christmas fund. I usually don't want anything, but when my children paint or draw a picture, I like to have it professionally framed. My family does not need anything else, but we are eyeing those computers...

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 am

Sounds like old school! I cant wait.....my neighbor is also working there now so maybe we can get an ad or at least he can give me the heads up on where to get stuff!! = ) Thanks for the info!!

Cornhusker wrote:Bexx,
Menard's STILL does BF the way it should be...at 0600 on BF! They tried 5AM 2 years ago, and last year went back to 6. Menard's TRULY has real BF deals and it is done the old fashioned way...line up and rush in, but they usually have adequate supplies for those that stand in line. Make sure your store does some kind of line management. There are two stores here in Lincoln, the South store does not guard the line and the doors get bumrushed by those who sat in warm cars, shoving those who waited outside away from the doors at the last minute. The North store puts up orange construction fencing to guard the line, and has staff constantly patrolling it to guard against line jumpers. They passed out extra copies of the ad as well as detailed maps of the store to help you find your deals. The North store also had staff everywhere to help you find what you are looking for. HINT!!! Go to the store on that Wednesday evening, about 7PM or so, and you will treat yourself to a tour of the store to see exactly where everything is piled up. Menard's does not make their staff work on TG, so the BF goodies are set up late Wednesday evening while the store is still open, just not available at the BF price. I do it with a niece and her son, and we wait outside, and help each other get our lists filled. She goes up towards the front with the cart that we fill for her, and lets people go around her at the checkout line until we finish loading it and then we zip right out. I hope these strategies help... Menard's ads are usually one of the very last to leak.

Bexx wrote:I'm back too!!! Anxiously awaiting Menard's ad since the one literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR to me opened yesterday!! I can throw a rock off my porch and hit it so I can basically line up in my driveway LOL

Good to see everyone!!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Bexx wrote:Sounds like old school! I cant wait.....my neighbor is also working there now so maybe we can get an ad or at least he can give me the heads up on where to get stuff!! = ) Thanks for the info!!

Cornhusker wrote:Bexx,
Menard's STILL does BF the way it should be...at 0600 on BF! They tried 5AM 2 years ago, and last year went back to 6. Menard's TRULY has real BF deals and it is done the old fashioned way...line up and rush in, but they usually have adequate supplies for those that stand in line. Make sure your store does some kind of line management. There are two stores here in Lincoln, the South store does not guard the line and the doors get bumrushed by those who sat in warm cars, shoving those who waited outside away from the doors at the last minute. The North store puts up orange construction fencing to guard the line, and has staff constantly patrolling it to guard against line jumpers. They passed out extra copies of the ad as well as detailed maps of the store to help you find your deals. The North store also had staff everywhere to help you find what you are looking for. HINT!!! Go to the store on that Wednesday evening, about 7PM or so, and you will treat yourself to a tour of the store to see exactly where everything is piled up. Menard's does not make their staff work on TG, so the BF goodies are set up late Wednesday evening while the store is still open, just not available at the BF price. I do it with a niece and her son, and we wait outside, and help each other get our lists filled. She goes up towards the front with the cart that we fill for her, and lets people go around her at the checkout line until we finish loading it and then we zip right out. I hope these strategies help... Menard's ads are usually one of the very last to leak.

Bexx wrote:I'm back too!!! Anxiously awaiting Menard's ad since the one literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR to me opened yesterday!! I can throw a rock off my porch and hit it so I can basically line up in my driveway LOL

Good to see everyone!!!

Just don't ask him to hold or purchase stuff for you. Menards employees are not allowed to shop for BF items while they're on the clock. They're not even allowed to pull stuff from the floor for themselves to purchase later. My brother used to be a store manager at a few of them and I couldn't even get him to break the rules lol

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:33 pm

shrcpark wrote:Hubby wants to buy computers for the kids and that wipes out our Christmas fund. I usually don't want anything, but when my children paint or draw a picture, I like to have it professionally framed. My family does not need anything else, but we are eyeing those computers...

Keep an eye out for deals right before BF. I had my eye on one at walmart last year and was going to sit in line for hours... however then Best Buy came out with a pretty similar deal.. .about a week before BF..a little bit more. but worth it to NOT have to wait in line at walmart that day ;) Purchased online and picked up in store.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:38 pm

I am here! I check in now nad again but will be here more often soon :D

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:22 am

Sounds like he will be asking me to get him stuff LOL

Just don't ask him to hold or purchase stuff for you. Menards employees are not allowed to shop for BF items while they're on the clock. They're not even allowed to pull stuff from the floor for themselves to purchase later. My brother used to be a store manager at a few of them and I couldn't even get him to break the rules lol[/quote]

trunkims
Black Friday Pro

Postby trunkims » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm back for the 2015 year! Got a new house, so, we're looking differently this time around for black friday!!

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:00 am

I haven't been around much this year, haven't really even used my laptop very much this year, even downgraded from my toshiba to a netbook. I get on about twice a week to clear email accounts and honestly not much else. I do FB and my main email from my phone. It has been a hell of a year and I think we are not going to do much for Christmas at all. I just don't know that I have the energy to fight for it, and my priority is absolutely no longer there. I want to focus more on things that bring family time and allow us to enjoy each other and could care less about the minute crap.
The video game the kids are interested in the Lego one, cannot be played apparently without internet so its completely not an option. My skylanders fan isn;t into the new set, and my infinity fan wants a couple of star wars guys, but not the new set. Other than that they haven't mentioned much of anything and my middle keeps telling me, I don't need anything mom, Im just glad we have you.
Some of you know from FB we found out in March I have appendix cancer. It has been crazy, 2 major surgeries, Chris quit pipelining and creating a business around here building things and repairing tractors etc . It has actually taken off quicker than we expected and I am learning how to help him too....its completely changed our world. I am currently No Evidence of Disease, but its a matter of when, not if it comes back.
steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

ekgboom
Black Friday Pro

Postby ekgboom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:10 am

Checking in as well and excited about BF 2015! Glad to see some people on these boards- it feels like Christmas already!! :o :o :o

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:37 am

steffj89 wrote:I haven't been around much this year, haven't really even used my laptop very much this year, even downgraded from my toshiba to a netbook. I get on about twice a week to clear email accounts and honestly not much else. I do FB and my main email from my phone. It has been a hell of a year and I think we are not going to do much for Christmas at all. I just don't know that I have the energy to fight for it, and my priority is absolutely no longer there. I want to focus more on things that bring family time and allow us to enjoy each other and could care less about the minute crap.
The video game the kids are interested in the Lego one, cannot be played apparently without internet so its completely not an option. My skylanders fan isn;t into the new set, and my infinity fan wants a couple of star wars guys, but not the new set. Other than that they haven't mentioned much of anything and my middle keeps telling me, I don't need anything mom, Im just glad we have you.
Some of you know from FB we found out in March I have appendix cancer. It has been crazy, 2 major surgeries, Chris quit pipelining and creating a business around here building things and repairing tractors etc . It has actually taken off quicker than we expected and I am learning how to help him too....its completely changed our world. I am currently No Evidence of Disease, but its a matter of when, not if it comes back.
steff

I am so sorry to hear what you've gone through this year. I'm glad everything seems to be working out for you in the end. Don't let the cancer win, spend the holidays in any way you want. Whether it be shopping with your friends/family or just sitting around the dinner table playing cards and discussing what it is you are thankful for. As for the "fight" I can't speak for your area stores, but I noticed when I stopped at Walmart/Target very late Friday night they still had everything from the day before so really the BF thrill has pretty much fell into the past with the now early online sales.

Return to “Off Topic”