What Would You Want to Win from A Giveaway?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

hiker
Official Zipper

Re: What Would You Want to Win from A Giveaway?

Postby hiker » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Yeah.. gift cards are great... I like Amazon and Best Buy personally, but am not very picky.. (If I can't use it, I'm sure my wife will..)

Other than that, one of the newer game systems, or an av receiver

raymacfla
Black Friday Pro

Postby raymacfla » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:05 am

A BFADS Tee shirt without a silly shopping cart on it. BTW, when is the voting for this year's shirt scheduled?
Other than a shirt, a tablet or gift card is always nice, especially if it arrives in time to shop on Black Friday with it!

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:15 pm

Gift cards are always good - if you offer an Amazon gift card, it should really be an Amazon gift card. I won a gift card last year and asked for Amazon when given a choice, but got a generic AmEx gift card. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate the gift card, but I couldn't use it on Amazon if what I wanted to buy was over the value. Generic gift cards like AmEx are treated like credit cards and you can't really split orders between 2 credit cards on Amazon (or at least I couldn't find a way to do so).

Other ideas:
* digital camera
* blu-ray player
* movie bundle
* game bundle
* pet goodies bundle (toys, treats, accessories, etc)
* Fitbit
* BFAds.Net sweatshirt - I remember seeing people requesting this as an alternative to the t-shirts, but I think it was too expensive or something. What about printing just a few of them for giveaways (not an option to buy)

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:07 pm

I'd like a gift card and a golden BF Ads tshirt to wear on black friday. Free advertisement for the website and clothing to keep me warm. It's a win-win for everyone.

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Might want to take a look at amazon they have a sale for the Kindle fire for 49.99. This would give the site a few tablets at a low price for giveaway

plus they have a deal you can buy 5 get one free as and idea

Fire, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black

Give the gift of Fire and share endless entertainment with your friends and family. Fire has access to over 38 million movies, TV episodes, books, songs, and more, which makes it the perfect gift for everyone on your shopping list.

To take advantage of this offer, select 6 in the quantity dropdown and add to your Shopping Cart. Enter promo code FIRE6PACK at checkout where you will see the discount applied. Limit one six-pack per customer.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:14 pm

I agree with the gift card and electronics suggestions.

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:33 pm

ikey2 wrote:Might want to take a look at amazon they have a sale for the Kindle fire for 49.99. This would give the site a few tablets at a low price for giveaway

plus they have a deal you can buy 5 get one free as and idea

Fire, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black

Give the gift of Fire and share endless entertainment with your friends and family. Fire has access to over 38 million movies, TV episodes, books, songs, and more, which makes it the perfect gift for everyone on your shopping list.

To take advantage of this offer, select 6 in the quantity dropdown and add to your Shopping Cart. Enter promo code FIRE6PACK at checkout where you will see the discount applied. Limit one six-pack per customer.

We're way ahead of you! :wink:

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:34 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:Gift cards are always good - if you offer an Amazon gift card, it should really be an Amazon gift card. I won a gift card last year and asked for Amazon when given a choice, but got a generic AmEx gift card. Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate the gift card, but I couldn't use it on Amazon if what I wanted to buy was over the value. Generic gift cards like AmEx are treated like credit cards and you can't really split orders between 2 credit cards on Amazon (or at least I couldn't find a way to do so).

Other ideas:
* digital camera
* blu-ray player
* movie bundle
* game bundle
* pet goodies bundle (toys, treats, accessories, etc)
* Fitbit
* BFAds.Net sweatshirt - I remember seeing people requesting this as an alternative to the t-shirts, but I think it was too expensive or something. What about printing just a few of them for giveaways (not an option to buy)

Keep an eye out for some *exclusive* prizes this year.

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:20 pm

raymacfla wrote:A BFADS Tee shirt without a silly shopping cart on it. BTW, when is the voting for this year's shirt scheduled?
Other than a shirt, a tablet or gift card is always nice, especially if it arrives in time to shop on Black Friday with it!

We haven't set a voting date yet, but we usually start the first or second week in October. :D

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:45 pm

I already posted in this thread, but can I second the idea of BFAds sweatshirts? Especially up here in the northeast we tend to have chilly Black Fridays, the golden t-shirt I won last year (received after BF, but I still wore it) was nice but I often covered it up with a jacket. I realize custom hooded sweatshirts cost more than t-shirts but surely they're cheaper than some of the electronic suggestions here ...

~~Darci~~
Black Friday Pro

Postby ~~Darci~~ » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:08 am

I'm thinking things that I could use as a gift:

Nice headphones and an iTunes gift card
Family Fun Night games and a pizza gift card

Battlefront is going to be a hot item so how about

Battlefront and a PSN card
Battlefront and a XBox Live card

hiker
Official Zipper

Postby hiker » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:49 am

Ooh.. and how about some anniversary gifts.. for those that have been here a decade. :)

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:21 am

hiker wrote:Ooh.. and how about some anniversary gifts.. for those that have been here a decade. :)

I have been around for a decade, just not a member, sometimes I'm a little shy and takes me some time to be a joiner. :D

caroleena
Black Friday Pro

Postby caroleena » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:17 pm

an amazon gift card! :mrgreen:

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:49 am

Gift cards are always great, It would be nice if this year you brought back the boards only contests too!

Maybe also a few things off the HOT TOY lists, since alot of parents always seem to be searching for those!

Return to “Off Topic”