Any Valentine's Plans?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Any Valentine's Plans?

Postby lovebf » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Thought I would check in to see if anyone is planning anything special for Valentine's.....

I love all the hearts and colors, so I go crazy shopping buying all the cool stuff and decorating my house.

Anyone decorate for it?
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: Any Valentine's Plans?

Postby lwmjr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Nothing special here, Now the day after when candy is 50% off, is another story :wink:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:44 pm

lwmjr wrote:Nothing special here, Now the day after when candy is 50% off, is another story :wink:

Ahh yes! :D The day after sales. Always the best :lol:

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:30 pm

I have never been big into Valentine's Day gifts...even when I was dating or married. I have always said to wait until the stuff is at least half off. Kids still buy the little cards to trade at school but youngest is a 9 year old boy so he prefers to skip the card and just give everyone a piece of candy.

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:40 am

I decorated our living room over the weekend. We don't have a lot of V-Day decorations. As for plans, that is yet to be determined. Probably a nice dinner at home and maybe a movie.

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:29 am

I have no special plans. I may try to take the wife out to dinner, but I would almost prefer to go some other day as I know it will extremely busy being Valentine's Day and a Saturday.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:50 pm

I have a date with all 3 of my kitties to take them to the vet that morning for their annual exams and shots. and then I have a date with a massage table early afternoon :)

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:09 pm

A nice home-cooked dinner & double feature at home ...with the kid :lol:

When I first started dating my wife back in high school, valentine's day was a big deal. Then we ventured apart, when we got back together she had a baby. Our first Valentine's Day date was a trip into the city for a fancy candlelight dinner and a play. She hired her neglectful cousin to babysit, I paid a fortune for parking 6 blocks from the restaurant (the walk was nice but the parking was unreal), we had to wait 2 hours for a table even though I had made reservations (she insisted on waiting..I would've left), our waiter was slow/rude, our overpriced meals were cold/disgusting, the theater was overbooked so we had a couple standing over us breathing heavily which made us uncomfortable, when we got back home the baby was crying nonstop and her cousin was no where in sight. Come to find out the baby had a fever and had to be rushed to the ER that night. We haven't had a date night alone ever since. I can't say I really miss it ;)

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 pm

cinemike16 wrote:A nice home-cooked dinner & double feature at home ...with the kid :lol:

When I first started dating my wife back in high school, valentine's day was a big deal. Then we ventured apart, when we got back together she had a baby. Our first Valentine's Day date was a trip into the city for a fancy candlelight dinner and a play. She hired her neglectful cousin to babysit, I paid a fortune for parking 6 blocks from the restaurant (the walk was nice but the parking was unreal), we had to wait 2 hours for a table even though I had made reservations (she insisted on waiting..I would've left), our waiter was slow/rude, our overpriced meals were cold/disgusting, the theater was overbooked so we had a couple standing over us breathing heavily which made us uncomfortable, when we got back home the baby was crying nonstop and her cousin was no where in sight. Come to find out the baby had a fever and had to be rushed to the ER that night. We haven't had a date night alone ever since. I can't say I really miss it ;)

Sounds like a horrible story.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:44 pm

I called McDonalds this morning to make reservations for 2 on Valentines Day. The kid that answered sounded a tad confused.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:46 am

teknoge3k wrote:I called McDonalds this morning to make reservations for 2 on Valentines Day. The kid that answered sounded a tad confused.

:lol: :lol:

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:33 am

Here is my Valentines Day/Month of February rant:

Over the past 30 or so years, I have grown to really dislike the month of February. Nothing truly traumatic happened to me during the month or anything exciting like that but I have always been put off by all of the Valentines day traditional, lovey dovey stuff. (I have to admit, the chocolate sure is good!) You should celebrate and show love all year not just on February 14th with over-sized cards, candies and expensive flowers. It's been a joke between me and one of my bffs for years that nothing good happens to me during February. Now that I think about it, I began to feel this way when I got 2 speeding tickets while in college the first week of February. I spent a lot of money on fines and a defensive driving class that took place on Valentines Day. I learned my lesson and it has never happened to me again thankfully! But that's not the only reason I dislike the month! It's too cold to be outside much, the Christmas holidays have come and gone, the NFL season has come and gone, I'm usually dieting so I can't eat all of that delicious chocolate, my work is normally super busy and stressful and Summer vacation seems like it will never get here! I guess one of the only good things is that it is the shortest month of the year and Spring starts in March!!!

Happy Valentine's Day Ya'll!

End rant...

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:27 pm

We decorated for it the day after we took Christmas stuff down.

We'll do the typical stuff - dinner flowers, candy , cards.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:39 pm

I'll be in Australia :)

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:03 pm

I really do not get the disdain with Valentines. Goodness, just enjoy it! We should be doing a lot of things every day of the year.

Hearts are my favorite so, I think that is why I love it so much. And I LOVE chocolate covered strawberries!!

Return to “Off Topic”