Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

User avatar
stacykay4
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1060
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby stacykay4 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:59 pm

I can't wait!!!!

User avatar
cinemike16
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby cinemike16 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 am

13 more weekends
- or -
95? Days Remaining!

Anyone have a jump start on their wish lists this year?

Seeing how we just spent ~$1500 on back to school shopping for the kid, I don't think "Santa" will have much to spend on BF this year. Funny, she never seemed interested in shopping for new clothes in the past, so it must be a middle school age thing that she wants all new outfits lol

User avatar
tinytim35
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:54 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby tinytim35 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm itching to look at laptops........hard to contain myself. That and my son needs a new phone.....I'm getting tired of waiting!!

User avatar
LarandaW
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:34 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby LarandaW » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:12 pm

I'm just so excited!!!! already started to get a jump but ready for all the deals!!! Hopefully there will be good Xbox bundles this year Lil Man has gotten started and he's all about Xbox now (sorry Wii) LOL. So happy to see you all!!!! 8)

User avatar
blue3715
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby blue3715 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Retailers don't wait anymore, especially after this past year when some of them offered online shopping at BF prices.

As everyone keep one-upping each other, this is my prediction

1. Some retailers will have a "pre-black Friday" "doorbuster" sale Nov 21-23.
2. Just about everything will be purchasable online starting Monday Nov 23rd.
3. Some items will be listed but not available at the BF price until 6pm thanskgiving day
4. Very few door busters will truly be door busters... I only expect electronics (from printers to tvs) and appliances (fridge, microwave, washer/dryer) to be true door busters.
5. There will be NO reason to wait in line.. last year I went to Best Buy THREE HOURS after they opened. They had EVERY DOOR BUSTER still available.

My 12 yr-old rear-projection (60" monster) tv is dying so this is my year to by a TV. Most BF tv's are last years' closeouts. Fortunately there are some of them that I am interested in.. if the price is right. My Big TV forum. Also good to keep in mind, my big TV pricing compilation posting from BF 2014, for comparing to 2015

If you need a new washer/dryer, I recc you do it on BF.. you can truly get a great price.
I like the Kohls BF sale. The entire store is about 1/2 off, great time to get those kids shirts, shorts, etc.

Sears tends to have great tools and man-cave accessories on sale. I got a plumbers/faucet wrench for 1/2 off, and I really needed one.

Don't be tempted to buy a tredmill, 95% of people who by one don't use it after 30 days.. and for $1100 two people can join a nice gym for a year or more.

I avoid Costco, their normal prices are pretty good anyways.
I avoid Home Depot, their teasers are 3ft ladders. As good a value as some things are, do you really need them?

BUY BATTERIES.. you can often on BF find 48pk of AAA or AA for 0.15/ea.. that's about half price vs the rest of the year. Just remember to store them in your fridge, it'll make them work better when you use them 9 months later (batteries, even stored ones, use a chemical process, so cold slows it down). I have 3 kids an tons of toys.. we go thru a ton of AA's in our Wii and xBox remotes!

User avatar
cinemike16
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby cinemike16 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:53 am

* possible deal alert *

Hey a forewarning to all of you to check your Sunday papers this weekend if you are interested in beating the rush on turkeys and save some $$. I've been working part time for a frozen food distributor to pick up some extra cash (we've had a rough fiscal year) and we just had a rush order of 3000+ cases of frozen turkeys - biggest names I saw on the shipping labels were Walmart, Wegmans, Giant Foods. However since we just shipped them out a couple days ago and they still have to go through each store warehouse they may not end up in stores for a couple weeks.

Of course these stores could just be getting a jump start on the anticipation of customers coming in 2 weeks before the holiday, but considering the urgency I'm suspecting a big sale forthcoming.

User avatar
raymacfla
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 409
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:49 pm

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby raymacfla » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:23 am

This is my ninth year on the forum. I was also here when the largest traffic of forum members, lurkers, and admins occurred in November 2006, which i believe still holds the record to this day.

User avatar
ikey2
BFads Tin Man
Posts: 8809
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: TN

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby ikey2 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Good evening everyone hope all is well.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

User avatar
lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted
Posts: 12990
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Virginia, Norfolk area

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby lwmjr » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:30 pm

ikey2 wrote:Good evening everyone hope all is well.

I would be better if the pool water wasn't so cold :(
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

User avatar
ikey2
BFads Tin Man
Posts: 8809
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: TN

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby ikey2 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:13 pm

lwmjr wrote:
ikey2 wrote:Good evening everyone hope all is well.

I would be better if the pool water wasn't so cold :(



Polar Bear swim time
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

User avatar
cinemike16
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby cinemike16 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:34 pm

lwmjr wrote:
ikey2 wrote:Good evening everyone hope all is well.

I would be better if the pool water wasn't so cold :(

Sadly we didn't even open our pool this summer. Between daughter working at the farm up the road, me setting up a business and renovating our home, and wife traveling around the east coast with her cousin we probably wouldn't have used it anyway. Not to say we didn't have some hot/humid days that would have warranted a swim.

User avatar
shrcpark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby shrcpark » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:04 pm

I'm looking forward to the Christmas card and ornament exchange. Those have always been fun and I like them.

User avatar
cinemike16
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby cinemike16 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:15 am

shrcpark wrote:I'm looking forward to the Christmas card and ornament exchange. Those have always been fun and I like them.

I'll be taking part in the ornament exchange for the first time this year, sounds exciting.


Getting an earlier start on the BF planning this year...Got my list started:
- PS4 for brother's family (a bit more than I usually spend on them but he told me not to get them any more Legos or Nerf toys lol)
- Laptop for wife since apparently the new desktop we just got isn't good enough
- New TV for my parents since their 20+ year old CRT TV is finally dying
- OBDII code scanner for a friend of mine (looking at Craftsman for this, since the Innova crap sold at auto parts stores are junk)
- Looking for some motor oil deals for the shop, I know PEPBOYS usually has a decent MIR deal on oil and filters...may have to work in that store Friday sometime

Not sure how I'm going to swing BF shopping if stores start in the middle of the day on Thursday again. Looking at my calendar for that week, I'm working a 12 hour shift(triple holiday pay!!) then I volunteered to serve turkey dinner to the community at the firehouse that evening which I signed up for last year and almost forgot about. On top of that, my wife is going south with her cousin that week so I'm going to have the kid...so I'm trying to figure out how I can keep her busy that day without having to hire a babysitter --any suggestions?

User avatar
shrcpark
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby shrcpark » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 pm

cinemike16 wrote:
shrcpark wrote:I'm looking forward to the Christmas card and ornament exchange. Those have always been fun and I like them.

I'll be taking part in the ornament exchange for the first time this year, sounds exciting.


Getting an earlier start on the BF planning this year...Got my list started:
- PS4 for brother's family (a bit more than I usually spend on them but he told me not to get them any more Legos or Nerf toys lol)
- Laptop for wife since apparently the new desktop we just got isn't good enough
- New TV for my parents since their 20+ year old CRT TV is finally dying
- OBDII code scanner for a friend of mine (looking at Craftsman for this, since the Innova crap sold at auto parts stores are junk)
- Looking for some motor oil deals for the shop, I know PEPBOYS usually has a decent MIR deal on oil and filters...may have to work in that store Friday sometime

Not sure how I'm going to swing BF shopping if stores start in the middle of the day on Thursday again. Looking at my calendar for that week, I'm working a 12 hour shift(triple holiday pay!!) then I volunteered to serve turkey dinner to the community at the firehouse that evening which I signed up for last year and almost forgot about. On top of that, my wife is going south with her cousin that week so I'm going to have the kid...so I'm trying to figure out how I can keep her busy that day without having to hire a babysitter --any suggestions?



My suggestions to keep "the kid" busy:
Serve the turkey dinner with you and clean up after the meal. She will cherish this memory.
Is there any crafts/projects she likes to keep herself busy with at home? Rainbow loom? Making bracelets?
How about purchasing a rainbow loom and some silly bands at AC Moore or Michael's and make bracelets or keychains for the firemen while you serve dinner?
Purchase a jigsaw puzzle and invite the other kids from the community center to piece the puzzle together. Puzzles can be purchased at the dollar store or dollar spot at Target.

User avatar
cinemike16
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Official Countdown to Black Friday 2015 Thread!

Postby cinemike16 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:14 pm

shrcpark wrote:
cinemike16 wrote:
shrcpark wrote:I'm looking forward to the Christmas card and ornament exchange. Those have always been fun and I like them.

I'll be taking part in the ornament exchange for the first time this year, sounds exciting.


Getting an earlier start on the BF planning this year...Got my list started:
- PS4 for brother's family (a bit more than I usually spend on them but he told me not to get them any more Legos or Nerf toys lol)
- Laptop for wife since apparently the new desktop we just got isn't good enough
- New TV for my parents since their 20+ year old CRT TV is finally dying
- OBDII code scanner for a friend of mine (looking at Craftsman for this, since the Innova crap sold at auto parts stores are junk)
- Looking for some motor oil deals for the shop, I know PEPBOYS usually has a decent MIR deal on oil and filters...may have to work in that store Friday sometime

Not sure how I'm going to swing BF shopping if stores start in the middle of the day on Thursday again. Looking at my calendar for that week, I'm working a 12 hour shift(triple holiday pay!!) then I volunteered to serve turkey dinner to the community at the firehouse that evening which I signed up for last year and almost forgot about. On top of that, my wife is going south with her cousin that week so I'm going to have the kid...so I'm trying to figure out how I can keep her busy that day without having to hire a babysitter --any suggestions?



My suggestions to keep "the kid" busy:
Serve the turkey dinner with you and clean up after the meal. She will cherish this memory.
Is there any crafts/projects she likes to keep herself busy with at home? Rainbow loom? Making bracelets?
How about purchasing a rainbow loom and some silly bands at AC Moore or Michael's and make bracelets or keychains for the firemen while you serve dinner?
Purchase a jigsaw puzzle and invite the other kids from the community center to piece the puzzle together. Puzzles can be purchased at the dollar store or dollar spot at Target.

She'll help serve the dinner - she likes helping others, so she'll undoubtedly volunteer to help out. My issue is finding her something to do while I'm working during the day, 12 hours is a bit much for her to just sit in the break room. The puzzle idea sounds good, she'll likely have her mom's laptop and some DVDs to keep her busy...My other option would be to drop her off at my parents' house for the day, but they're going to be so busy with their own festivities that I don't want to burden them. My supervisor has already told me that if she looks bored he'll put her to work cleaning up the building haha, I'm sure he was joking but hey, it'll keep her occupied.


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest