BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Thread)

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

Lisa050298
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby Lisa050298 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:21 pm

OK, so if I didn't get points for something I posted...does that mean it wasn't a valid entry? Specifically I am asking about my name on a coke can and the Christmas lights on a house (I know I may have pushed this one a bit) :)

User avatar
prettyinpink2904
Admin
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:21 pm

Lisa050298 wrote:OK, so if I didn't get points for something I posted...does that mean it wasn't a valid entry? Specifically I am asking about my name on a coke can and the Christmas lights on a house (I know I may have pushed this one a bit) :)


You received a point for the Christmas Lights on a House submission, however you didn't submit a picture of your name on a coke can/bottle. There's a spot where it's written as a title, but it's a duplicate picture of the fondue pot.

Lisa050298
Black Friday Amateur
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby Lisa050298 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:04 am

:oops: oops...I'll post the correct photo with my next upload. Thanks for pointing that out! (and thanks for supporting creativity :))

rosie0815
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby rosie0815 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:56 pm

are there going to be more items???

softballmom12
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:27 am

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby softballmom12 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:37 pm

prettyinpink2904 I sent you a Private message.

User avatar
carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1416
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:29 am
Location: Middle of the Woods (aka PA)

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby carmenslackey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:49 pm

EDITED because the issue has been resolved by another staff member. :D
Last edited by carmenslackey on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hiker
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3764
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:07 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby hiker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:31 pm

It stays in your outbox until they log in... probably will check tomorrow.

User avatar
prettyinpink2904
Admin
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:33 pm

rosie0815 wrote:are there going to be more items???


No, there will just be the list of 75.

hmnovotny
Black Friday Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby hmnovotny » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Did not get credit for post of 2010 t-shirt or origami crane posted nov 2nd at 8:36pm. If you would please check. Thanks

User avatar
prettyinpink2904
Admin
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:33 pm

hmnovotny wrote:Did not get credit for post of 2010 t-shirt or origami crane posted nov 2nd at 8:36pm. If you would please check. Thanks


I added those in! Thanks for the heads up. Also, for future submissions please include a title of what you are submitting! Thanks!

hayperk
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:07 am

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby hayperk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:11 pm

I don't mean to complain, but am I the only one that has noticed the rule violations that are happening?



"1. Each item on the list must be taken with a sign that clearly says "BFAds.net 2014" in plain view. The sign can be printed out, hand-drawn or some sort of combination of the two. If there is no sign in the picture, no point will be given for that item.

2. Each item on the list is worth 1 point. The person with the most points will be the winner. In the case of a tie, the winner will be determined by the earliest posting date/time. You can post your pictures individually as you progress or all it once; it doesn't really matter. Note that if you edit your post, we are taking the last edit time - not initial submission.

3. Pictures of pictures, drawings or representations of the items will not count.

4. No leniency. No begging. No complaining. NO SHARING PHOTOS.

5. If you cheat (e.g. digitally altering photos) you are disqualified from all BFAds contests for life.

6. All entries must be posted in this thread by Saturday, November 8th at 11:59pm CST. Late entries will not be accepted."


The rules clearly state that you can digitally alter photos. It seems to me that this picture has been altered. The original photo can be found on flikr at this link. https://www.flickr.com/photos/cheesebrush/5881999598/ posted in 2011. The same photo along with a bfads sign is on page 10. Image Image

Also, 2 players are using the same photo for the Macintosh Computer. On page 5 and 12. Image
Image

User avatar
prettyinpink2904
Admin
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:30 pm

hayperk wrote:I don't mean to complain, but am I the only one that has noticed the rule violations that are happening?



"1. Each item on the list must be taken with a sign that clearly says "BFAds.net 2014" in plain view. The sign can be printed out, hand-drawn or some sort of combination of the two. If there is no sign in the picture, no point will be given for that item.

2. Each item on the list is worth 1 point. The person with the most points will be the winner. In the case of a tie, the winner will be determined by the earliest posting date/time. You can post your pictures individually as you progress or all it once; it doesn't really matter. Note that if you edit your post, we are taking the last edit time - not initial submission.

3. Pictures of pictures, drawings or representations of the items will not count.

4. No leniency. No begging. No complaining. NO SHARING PHOTOS.

5. If you cheat (e.g. digitally altering photos) you are disqualified from all BFAds contests for life.

6. All entries must be posted in this thread by Saturday, November 8th at 11:59pm CST. Late entries will not be accepted."


The rules clearly state that you can digitally alter photos. It seems to me that this picture has been altered. The original photo can be found on flikr at this link. https://www.flickr.com/photos/cheesebrush/5881999598/ posted in 2011. The same photo along with a bfads sign is on page 10. Image Image

Also, 2 players are using the same photo for the Macintosh Computer. On page 5 and 12. Image
Image



We thank you for noticing these and both have already been taken care of!

fosterfamily2011
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby fosterfamily2011 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:16 pm

rosie 0815 your baseball card and surge signs dont say .net dont know if it matters but thought i'd let you know

User avatar
prettyinpink2904
Admin
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:44 pm

All points have been updated as of November 4, 4:44pm.

marsha26
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: BFAds Black Friday 2014 Scavenger Hunt (Discussion Threa

Postby marsha26 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:29 pm

How do I add pics? When I click on Img it does nothing.


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest