Postby cinemike16 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:08 am

lwmjr wrote:Image

:shock: Not too surprised, poor parenting if you ask me :roll:

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Re: Ad timeline from 2013?

Postby BFriGirl » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:16 am

cinemike16 wrote:
BFriGirl wrote:I REALLY a hope they don't open before 6. So many people just won't go. Surely they know that. 6 is pushing into dinner but any earlier and it is right in the middle of everything.

I am so eager to see some ads of stores that are actually still open and in my area.

Isn't Walmart open 24 hours anyway? It won't matter if the sales start at noon or 6pm, people will line up hours ahead for that $199 laptop that is regularly sold for $249 :roll:

Ok, but a lot of people will draw the line. Of course they will still have people there but they will not settle for losing sells which surely putting it that early would cause. Hopefully...lol

EDIT: I figured it out! They are waiting on my birthday (Nov 9) to put all the ads out since they missed it last year! ;)
BF nut in training!

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:22 am

BFriGirl wrote:I REALLY a hope they don't open before 6. So many people just won't go. Surely they know that. 6 is pushing into dinner but any earlier and it is right in the middle of everything.

I am so eager to see some ads of stores that are actually still open and in my area.

Actually, you're wrong. Since the stores have been opening earlier, the sales have actually increased. More people go out on Thanksgiving, than they did on traditional Black Friday.
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:21 am

yep - people want to shop on holidays. they want to get out of the house and do something.

I worked at a retail store which was more local even though there area few others in some states but we were open every day of the year (9 am - 9 pm) except christmas. we had a lot of people come in on thanksgiving. and we weren't really a store you would do anything holiday/gift shopping.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:22 am

i think it would benefit target to open AFTER 6 pm. maybe something like 8 - they wont have any competition.

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:11 am

People generally suck, wishful thinking that they didn't I guess... I always make the mistake of hoping for the best in people.
BF nut in training!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:34 am

so... those of us that like going out and shopping on thanksgiving day suck?? :?

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:14 pm

cinemike16 wrote:

Isn't Walmart open 24 hours anyway? It won't matter if the sales start at noon or 6pm, people will line up hours ahead for that $199 laptop that is regularly sold for $249 :roll:

And if it's like last year, some items were scanning for the Black Friday price Thanksgiving morning! Most cashiers blocked it when they realized but some people got away with it by using self checkout. (Or so I heard because I ordered my stuff online and didn't need to go to a store)

BFriGirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFriGirl » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:39 pm

bfaddict wrote:so... those of us that like going out and shopping on thanksgiving day suck?? :?

The stores that would rather everyone skip out on sharing time with their family being thankful do.

This post is getting way off topic because of one post though. Back on topic, at least we are getting a lot more ads now!
BF nut in training!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:41 pm

BFriGirl wrote:
bfaddict wrote:so... those of us that like going out and shopping on thanksgiving day suck?? :?

The stores that would rather everyone skip out on sharing time with their family being thankful do.

This post is getting way off topic because of one post though. Back on topic, at least we are getting a lot more ads now!

oh ok, got it! :)

The ads have been the same for so many years.... unless I get a niece sometime soon (hopefully next year) I won't have anything I need to buy on black friday!
i have two nephews who are 9 and 6 and it's almost easier just buying them gift cards.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:28 pm

This time in 2011: 25 ads were out.
This time in 2012: 43 ads were out.
This time in 2013: 34 ads were out.
This time in 2014: 32 ads are out.

At least they're starting to come out steadily now. I think this week we'll see a big influx of ads come out.

Just a heads up, I will be on vacation Friday-Sunday so any ads that come out those 3 days I won't post on the forum until I get home Sunday evening. Sorry!

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:54 pm

teknoge3k wrote:This time in 2011: 25 ads were out.
This time in 2012: 43 ads were out.
This time in 2013: 34 ads were out.
This time in 2014: 32 ads are out.

At least they're starting to come out steadily now. I think this week we'll see a big influx of ads come out.

Just a heads up, I will be on vacation Friday-Sunday so any ads that come out those 3 days I won't post on the forum until I get home Sunday evening. Sorry!

Yeah, the past few days have seen a bunch drop to bump up the total. Unfortunately, only a few are real decent IMO. Hopefully this week, we'll see a couple of the big names....Target, WM, BB.

And enjoy the vacation.

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:05 am

Since retailers want to sell some stuff in concert with tomorrow's holiday the BF stuff will start blooming by the weekend. The warehouses and trucks know what's going to happen. The corporate driven displays , endcaps, staging areas, corrals and 99 other things will occur between Wednesday and the evening of the 26th.

A potential headache is a store that prints multiple ads like Kmart did for t day & BF. The best one I saw a few years ago had three sales in chronological order color coded within the same ad.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:08 am

Vols44 wrote:.

The best one I saw a few years ago had three sales in chronological order color coded within the same ad.

Wasn't that Walmart? With the 5p, 8p, 10p sales.

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:43 am

teknoge3k wrote:
Vols44 wrote:.

The best one I saw a few years ago had three sales in chronological order color coded within the same ad.

Wasn't that Walmart? With the 5p, 8p, 10p sales.

Yes, pretty impressive for Bentonville. Trying to avoid the use of WM til their ad overloads the servers. Snow is in the forecast; it's just as matter of time.

Return to “Off Topic”