Kohl's to stay open 100 straight hrs leading up to Christmas

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Kohl's to stay open 100 straight hrs leading up to Christmas

Postby Kaelha » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:47 pm

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1048016/396/Kohls-to-open-100-straight-hours-leading-up-to-Christmas

MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. - Kohl's Department Stores says it's keeping its doors open around the clock in the days leading up to Christmas.

The Menomonee Falls-based retailer says its stores will stay open 100 hours straight beginning Friday, Dec. 20 through 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Tuesday, Dec. 24. It's the first time Kohl's has tried the overnight hours.

Kohl's spokeswoman Michelle Gass says shoppers will be able to check off their shopping lists whenever it's convenient for them - day or night.

Kohl's operates 1,158 stores in 49 states.

(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Kohl's to stay open 100 straight hrs leading up to Chris

Postby bfaddict » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:50 pm

should be interesting. are stores really that busy into the wee hours of the night to make it worth staffing people those hours?

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tomfranklin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:16 am

They're usually pretty busy where I am, but then again I prefer Macy's. I'll probably stop in at Kohl's Christmas Eves Eve and look for a couple last minute gifts.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:34 am

I'm not sure how well they will do in smaller towns, but they would probably do okay here in Rochester. The Kohl's is located next to a 24 hr Walmart, so that's a plus. We have the Mayo clinic and there are a lot of employees with odd hours, so that will help too. I just wonder if this will benefit the stores in smaller towns. Maybe it woulc be better to do something like "extended hours" in less busy areas.

Tomfranklin wrote:They're usually pretty busy where I am, but then again I prefer Macy's. I'll probably stop in at Kohl's Christmas Eves Eve and look for a couple last minute gifts.

Good point. I am guessing they will be very busy 48 hours before Christmas for the last minute shoppers.

saladdays
Black Friday Pro

Postby saladdays » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:48 pm

I imagine that they won't heavily staff the stores for some of those hours.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:49 pm

i do remember last year when i went to kohls at like 10:00 pm because my kohls cash was expiring and i was trying to buy something online but i couldn't read the stupid numbers so i quickly drove to the store to buy my item lol

so i do appreciate their late hours!

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Postby headbanger783 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:53 am

kohl's around here is a pretty big deal even though we have every other dept. store that comes to mind, bon-ton, macy's, nordstrom, neiman marcus, jcp, etc within 25 minutes but kohls is ALWAYS busy maybe it has to do with the fact that they send out great coupons every week! I'm always browsing that store for deals!

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:08 am

One near me is usually busy, but not sure it will be worth it for those hours. I'm still waiting for them to ship two baby outfits I ordered on bf.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:09 am

crazymomofthree wrote:One near me is usually busy, but not sure it will be worth it for those hours. I'm still waiting for them to ship two baby outfits I ordered on bf.

you might want to contact them. kohls normally doesn't take that long to ship

Kento87
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kento87 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:18 am

Will Sales make up0 for the extra Overhead of staying open? that will be the final answer! :twisted:

Return to “Off Topic”