Sickness :(

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Re: Sickness :(

Postby bfshoppermom » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:15 pm

So far my kids have been pretty healthy. We are in FL so we don't get the "stuck inside and share all your germs" type of weather so that may help a bit. I got sunburnt today out at the kids soccer tournament (it was mid 80s and I had sunscreen on and sunshade to sit under.)

When we do get sick, we do it over the holidays so as to not miss school or something...lol! I got sick the day after Christmas last year and I was really sick for about 36 hours.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 am

bfshoppermom wrote:So far my kids have been pretty healthy. We are in FL so we don't get the "stuck inside and share all your germs" type of weather so that may help a bit. I got sunburnt today out at the kids soccer tournament (it was mid 80s and I had sunscreen on and sunshade to sit under.)

When we do get sick, we do it over the holidays so as to not miss school or something...lol! I got sick the day after Christmas last year and I was really sick for about 36 hours.

Your lucky to not have to deal with it so much. I agree with being stuck inside, drives me crazy :( I try to get my kids outside any chance I can get.
I tend to get a cold this time of year, or stomach bug, then get over it in time for Christmas, then usually something else hits in January.
last January I caught the flu, I had a high fever, and was just miserable. I get allergy/sinus stuff, it's tolerable so long as I'm not running around with paper plugged in my nose, or dealing with a bad cough.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:48 am

I hope everyone is getting well again.

One thing I swear by is adding extra Vitamin D in the winter. It seems to boost our immune systems and help to keep us healthy.

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Postby headbanger783 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 am

I was miserbale last week, missed some work with a bad cold that turned into my first ever sinus infection! Finally feeling better now but man what a rough go of it!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Hope everyone is feeling better :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

digby723
Black Friday Pro

Postby digby723 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:28 am

Finally caught whatever it was my sister had Thanksgiving week. Felt a sore throat starting Saturday morning, but Sunday evening I felt horrible. Work up early Monday and called in sick, thought my head was going to explode due to stuffiness. By the evening though I felt 100 x's better, now it's just a cough. I swear, the only thing I did different was drink orange juice on Sunday evening - which I normally don't do because I don't really like it. Will certainly make sure I drink more of it this winter if it'll help keep me from getting sick!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Sorry you came down sick digby, but glad your starting to feel better. Orange juice is awesome. Usually when sickness does start, I make sure we have some in the fridge, and end up with homemade chicken and veggie soup to go with it.
Fresh squeezed lemon <1/2 of a small one, 1/4 of a large one>, and a couple of teaspoons of honey in a small coffee cup w/water heated in the microwave is great for a sore throat/cough, at least it's been great for me and was recommended.

My youngest daughter went to the dr. yesterday morning. Might be allergies. Dr. put her on allergy meds, and gave her a cough syrup to take at bedtime. She slept great last night, but was coughing a lot this morning :(
I feel a bit stuffy on the left side this morning and again right now. Going to get up and move around, go out and take a walk, see if that helps.

sielervik09
Black Friday Newbie

Postby sielervik09 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:55 pm

I've had some kind of virus for the past couple of weeks. Now that I got over that, I can't seem to get rid of my cough. It's like it never ends. D:

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:08 pm

My bad cold ended up being pneumonia, I was feeling pretty sick. Started feeling better day 4 of antibiotics and then day 5 have a allergic reaction to the meds, broke out in a hive all over my body, sick to my stomach and very dizzy, my eyelids even swelled. I dont like to go to doctors so as long as I can still breath :) I will take benadryl and hope for the best. I just hope that 5 days of antibiotics was enough.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:39 pm

inthedark wrote:My bad cold ended up being pneumonia, I was feeling pretty sick. Started feeling better day 4 of antibiotics and then day 5 have a allergic reaction to the meds, broke out in a hive all over my body, sick to my stomach and very dizzy, my eyelids even swelled. I dont like to go to doctors so as long as I can still breath :) I will take benadryl and hope for the best. I just hope that 5 days of antibiotics was enough.

Hopefully you went back to the Dr's, I would think your allergic reaction would have been in the first two days.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:17 pm

lwmjr wrote:
inthedark wrote:My bad cold ended up being pneumonia, I was feeling pretty sick. Started feeling better day 4 of antibiotics and then day 5 have a allergic reaction to the meds, broke out in a hive all over my body, sick to my stomach and very dizzy, my eyelids even swelled. I dont like to go to doctors so as long as I can still breath :) I will take benadryl and hope for the best. I just hope that 5 days of antibiotics was enough.

Hopefully you went back to the Dr's, I would think your allergic reaction would have been in the first two days.

My last drug reaction was to penicillin after taking it for 7 days. I was a real mess then. Had to be in hospital for a week and I dont like hospitals at all.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:02 pm

inthedark wrote:
lwmjr wrote:

My last drug reaction was to penicillin after taking it for 7 days. I was a real mess then. Had to be in hospital for a week and I dont like hospitals at all.

I do hope you feel better :)

digby723
Black Friday Pro

Postby digby723 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:13 pm

azerigold wrote:Sorry you came down sick digby, but glad your starting to feel better. Orange juice is awesome. Usually when sickness does start, I make sure we have some in the fridge, and end up with homemade chicken and veggie soup to go with it.
Fresh squeezed lemon <1/2 of a small one, 1/4 of a large one>, and a couple of teaspoons of honey in a small coffee cup w/water heated in the microwave is great for a sore throat/cough, at least it's been great for me and was recommended.

My youngest daughter went to the dr. yesterday morning. Might be allergies. Dr. put her on allergy meds, and gave her a cough syrup to take at bedtime. She slept great last night, but was coughing a lot this morning :(
I feel a bit stuffy on the left side this morning and again right now. Going to get up and move around, go out and take a walk, see if that helps.

I'll try the lemon and honey next time I'm not feeling well. I drink a lot of tea when I'm sick with a bit of honey in it, never tried just lemon, water and honey though. Sorry to hear about your youngest and her possible allergies. I'm lucky, allergies for me only started about 5 years ago when I went to visit my Aunt (who is a pack rat/hoarder and her house triggered it) so I haven't had to deal with it for very long and they're not very bad. Feel bad for her though, they're no fun. :( I never understood people who complained about them either until it hit me hard, hopefully they're not too bad for her!

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:41 pm

I found out last year that I was allergic to penicillin which I thought was very strange I had no allergies the first 29 years of my life then BAM super rash/hives came on with some amox. My dad, brother, husband, daughter, MIL, and FIL are all allergic so it was weird that my body decided to join the party.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:32 pm

I was sick last week, thankfully almost all better when we went on vacation last weekend. Now 2 days after we are back I have a sore throat and bad cough! :x Hate it.

Return to “Off Topic”