What'd you buy

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Re: What'd you buy

Postby Vols44 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:34 am

Kaelha wrote:We headed out at 5am on Friday.

Walmart One: parking lot was nearly empty. We got the $49 Nikon and few movies. They were out of Monsters U and the Croods for the kids Christmas movie basket. Not surprised of course.

Target One: Saw the ladies re-stocking movies and ask about the Monsters U bluray/DVD. I figured they were gone, but the lady ran over to a stack in the cart and told me "I had one left and I was saving it just for you!" LOL. Happy me. I picked up pillows for the kids and some $2 hand towels and wash cloths. They still had White and Navy left. Yah.

JoAnn's: Didn't buy a thing. I wasn't about to stand in that line for fabric and waste time. They were selling pre-cut bolts, but I seriously didn't need THAT much lol! They were out of the thread holders I wanted. I'll get those with a coupon when they re-stock.

Menard's: Hubby bought the kids some long Charleston Chews that we remember from our childhood. They've never tried them before so we had a trip down memory lane with the kids. They were out of the webkins the kids wanted. Again, not surprised.

Best Buy: Bought nothing. I knew the laptop cooler was gone, but checked anyway. Nope...onward

TRU: JACKPOT! Picked up four things from the kids lists. A stuffed Night Fury and a Night Fury figure that were 50% off each. Bought two of the DS games my youngest wanted BOGO for $1.

Second Walmart: Found a few more movies including The Croods. The Manager's special had now started and I got some thermal curtains for the dining room and daughter's room for $5 a panel. This was something I was actually excited about because we have drafty old windows and those two rooms were the last in need of thermal curtains. So :D

Michael's: Watercolor and ink art pads for kids. Prisma scholar color pencils for the youngest.

Target Two: Found Jurassic Park and Minecraft T-shirts for my daughter. Bought underwear and socks that were on sale too. They still had boots left and I tried some on, but didn't like the fit so I left them. I picked up some long sleeve T's for hubby.

Old Navy: Bought a lot! Long sleeve T's, sweaters, fleece pullovers, jewelry. Great deals on stuff the girls like to wear. I think I spent the most here.

Dick's. They had these fabulous socks BOGO free that the girls bought with their GC's. After they showed them to me. I bought some for us. Very comfy.

Fleet Farm. Hazelnuts and bird seed :lol:

ONLINE:
Daughter's art pencils (72 prismacolor in tin) usually over $70. I got them for $3

Walmart online: More Dragons figures: two for $18. LPS sweet shop for $15

Gander Mountain: Daughter's sleeping bag ripped during summer campout so we had been looking for another. We have been holding on to a $50 GC we got when we bought some training colors for our dogs a few years back. They had a great deal and we picked up a heavy Rifle River Sleeping bag for only $20 bucks more and free shipping.

JCP: Arizona flannel shirts for the girls and hubby.

Barnes and Noble:I bought the movie score daughter wanted and will pick up in store. It was half the price of other places I checked. So yah.

Still shopping online. I need to find a heavy winter coat for my youngest. She's grown 6" this year and doesn't seem to be slowing down. She's getting taller than her older sister who she usually gets hand me downs from. I am also looking for some Copic art pens (blending set one) for my oldest. We are also looking for a graphics tablet for her, a laptop cooling pad for my middle daughter's 17" laptop and a tablet for my youngest. Hemming and hawing over what to get her. She's not the most careful child in the world so we don't want to spend a lot, but also don't want to buy something that is so cheap that she's frustrated.

I forgot to buy my yearly bottle of rum. Will do that today! :lol:

I'm nominating you as bfads shopper of the year. Where is the "we're not worthy/bow down" emoticon when I need it. You are a first team all American shopper. Thank you for a super interesting read. (insert tip of the cap smilie here)

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:07 am

LOL! smarta** :lol:

Seriously though...do I win a big screen tv? T-shirt? Jam of the month club membership??

:D

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:49 am

Looks like everyone got a lot of stuff and super cheap, goal achieved!! Great hauls everyone

SoDangPretty
Black Friday Pro

Re: What'd you buy..

Postby SoDangPretty » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 pm

I got my son the limited edition Pikachu 3ds XL back in April ..so I went looking for video games but got a lot more stuff than I needed.

Online Best Buy.. TMNT, and got Super Mario 2, Angry Birds, and lego Chima on the buy 2 get one free preowned..$45 for 4 games.

amazon..diary of a wimpy kid for 5 bux, and a coffee mug camera lens

1st Walmart trip..$25 each Lego Marvel, Super Mario 3d land, and Scribblenauts unmasked. I thought this was a good deal til I saw TRU had them 2 for $35 today GRR
3 of the Sharpie kits ...our Walmart didn't have a lot of these but they are super neat
Crayola marker set
Towels
$15.00 Airhog
$20 Disney Rapunzel
$20 Disney inflatable ball pit
$10 Crockpot

Old Navy..PJ's for 6 bux, Fleece jackets for the family

TRU..got a bunch of the .60 Hotwheels, a couple of skylanders, and a popcorn tin (hubby got hungry lol)

Best buy.. 59.99 Philips portable DVD player for my step dad

Target..Hamilton Beach One Scoop $45

Big Lots..15.00 Memory Foam dog pillow..got a $5 off coupon for being first 100 in store so dropped it to 10 bux.

2nd WM trip..30% Legos..got a couple Galaxy Squad

and my greatest score ..3rd Walmart trip..went for 30% off legos and christmas lights..the WM i went to didn't realize the registers already took off the 30% so they were taking off an additional 30% manually. I got Christmas lights for .75 (not sure how they got that amount lol) and these legos..which the amounts didn't make sense on these either but I took them and ran lol- I asked the guy if he was sure about his pricing and he said yes, so i didn't feel as bad- their mistake not mine. the guy behind me had 40 sets of lights and he knew what was up too.

Lego Batcave $48 (super excited, looked everywhere for this one)
Lego Superheros Malibu Mansion $10.50
Lego Superheros Loki's Truck $9.77
Starwars XWing $29.00
Galaxy Squad Bug $35
Legos Chima Purple bird thing $15

I got like $300 worth of Legos (normal price) for a little over $100...

Overall, had a great Black Friday week! :)

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Re: What'd you buy..

Postby Kaelha » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:12 pm

SoDangPretty wrote:and my greatest score ..3rd Walmart trip..went for 30% off legos and christmas lights..the WM i went to didn't realize the registers already took off the 30% so they were taking off an additional 30% manually. I got Christmas lights for .75 (not sure how they got that amount lol) and these legos..which the amounts didn't make sense on these either but I took them and ran lol- I asked the guy if he was sure about his pricing and he said yes, so i didn't feel as bad- their mistake not mine. the guy behind me had 40 sets of lights and he knew what was up too.

Lego Batcave $48 (super excited, looked everywhere for this one)
Lego Superheros Malibu Mansion $10.50
Lego Superheros Loki's Truck $9.77
Starwars XWing $29.00
Galaxy Squad Bug $35
Legos Chima Purple bird thing $15

I got like $300 worth of Legos (normal price) for a little over $100...

Overall, had a great Black Friday week! :)

I never feel guilty if I ask and still get the deal. Good deal on those legos too!

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Kaelha wrote:LOL! smarta** :lol:

Seriously though...do I win a big screen tv? T-shirt? Jam of the month club membership??

You win another years membership on the BFAds forums :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

cinemike16
Black Friday Pro

Postby cinemike16 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Spent alot more and got lot more than I had planned. Also didn't make it to the store Thursday night due to not wanting to make an uncomfortable scene in front of the family. I ended up not getting to Walmart #1 until 9am. Even at that time the shelves seemed to be fully stocked. I haven't gone through everything yet so this list is going by memory...

Walmart #1
$49 Nikon L27 camera (reg price: $99.99 2 days before)
17 DVDs and Blu-rays (including 3 seasons of Big Bang Theory - for some reason this store only had seasons 1,2,6 - found the other seasons at other stores later in the day)
$34 Assassin's Creed IV Blackflag for PS3
$6 pair of slippers

Walmart #2
$69 Garmin GPS
More DVDs and Blu-rays (including season 5 of BBT - Lost count on how many movies I got)
A couple inexpensive PS3 games (I think they were regular price though since apparently Walmart's prices got reset while we were shopping!)

Walmart #3 ~ Nothing.

Best Buy (wasn't planning to shop at Best Buy this year but after all the WAlmarts were sold out of the PS3 I caved..)
$199 PS3 Holiday Bundle (last minute addition to my list)
$7.99 World War Z blu-ray+dvd combo pack (I usually don't pay over $5 for movies but this one has been on my wish list since I rented and loved it)
A couple $3.99 Blu-rays
$7.99 Dishonored PS3 (kinda glad Walmart was sold out of this title, they wanted $10)

Kmart
few DVDs ($3.99 and $1.99)

Next year I really hope the stores decide not to open so early on Thanksgiving! If I had stuck with my original game plan, I probably would have stopped after the first Walmart store and have ~$300 left in my pocket.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:29 pm

lwmjr wrote:

Woo hoo!

hey...wait a minute!

digby723
Black Friday Pro

Postby digby723 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Went back out shopping today, got some new pillows, table cloth, placemats, dish towels, candles & long ice tea spoons at Kohls for $85 + 15 kohl's cash. Then went to HH Gregg to return the wrong screen protectors I bought on BF, got the correct ones, two packs was $5. Then onto Home Depot, got a wreath, poinsetta, Christmas Cactus and then some new potters for my plants & an over the door wreath holder for $45 and last Michaels, where I got the 3 for the price of 1 picture frames & a dumb phone that will plug into my iphone and allow me to talk into it because my dad thought it was funny, all for $25. Also went to Best Buy to p/u Chromecast for $5 off bf sale, but it's going back tomorrow. I think I'm done shopping in the stores, but will continue to look for good deals online this weekend + Cyber Monday! :)

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Kaelha wrote:
lwmjr wrote:

Woo hoo!

hey...wait a minute!

Ok, lifetime membership :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Overall:

Too much stuff.

I may actually post a list tomorrow once I have a chance to sit down and figure out a better detail listing.

Tomfranklin
Black Friday Pro

Postby Tomfranklin » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:43 pm

just came up with a grand total of 1,638$ hopefully most of my holiday shopping is done!

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Tomfranklin wrote:just came up with a grand total of 1,638$ hopefully most of my holiday shopping is done!

On BF thats got to be A LOT of stuff!! Was it

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Tomfranklin wrote:just came up with a grand total of 1,638$ hopefully most of my holiday shopping is done!

How much did you save on your deals

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Wednesday:
Tractor Supply- Boots for me :D

Thursday Morning:
Meijer- socks for me and the hubby, some movies, Hungry Hungry Hippos for the niece
K-mart- video camera, Mario Party DS game, 2 liter soda, movies

Thursday Evening:
Wal-mart- trash can, scent warmer and bar refills for a friend, Battlefield 4, more movies, towels, Duck Dynasty Hoodies, Rubbermaid Containers, Mini Dipper, Crock Pot, Pajama Pants, Socks, Scarves, Cootie and Don't Break the Ice Games for the niece
Sears- Pink Tool Bag (I'm using it for scrapbooking tools) :oops:
Target- More movies
Kohls- Logo Party Game, Earrings

Friday:
Meijer- Slippers for my dad, Necklace for my mom
Petsmart- free stocking, treats and toys for my dogs
Petco- treats and rawhides from the pet bar for my dogs, free antlers
Michaels- too much stuff, all scrapbooking
Menards- brownie skillet for the neighbors, dog toys, blankets for my dogs...my dogs are spoiled!
Papertrix (local scrapbooking store)- more scrapbooking things

Saturday:
Hobby Lobby: More scrapbooking stuff
Michaels: even more scrapbooking stuff...I have an addiction :oops:

I spent too much :roll:

Return to “Off Topic”