Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" - $159
Case - $19
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10" - $299
Case - $29
ROkU HD - $39
Skyrim - $14

Gamestop

Marvel Legos - $29

Going to radioshack in the morning to grab a 32gb flash drive for 7 bucks!
------------------
Anthony
Twitter | Facebook

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Re: What'd you buy

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:57 am

Office Max,
24 Dell monitor 99

HD,
dewalt drill 20volt 99
Christmas tree 69
Flashlight, 19
flashlight 2pk 9
Ryobi 62 pc drill set 9

Sears online
Hoover Vacuum 69
Kenmore infared heater 89

Airsoft GI online
asst accessories 92, avg 40% savings, & free shipping :lol:

AirRattle online
M9, 64
M4, 159
extra mags, 24
Bonus pk, Free t shirt, and 60 back for orders over 100
Plus, avg 33% savings on items
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:24 am

I bought clothes mostly yesterday for my kids. I spent $278 yesterday morning at Kmart, a lot of it was their $$ for clothes, and then some for my youngest for Christmas. My niece, 2 nephews, and my SIL's little sister are here, and so I bought all of the kids a little something.

At Walmart I spent $206 minus $15 that my uncle gave my son for a game. My son got his Xbox 360, 4 games, and we grabbed a few clothing items. I just wanted to get in/out lol

At Kmart I spent $128, BUT... only paid $42 thanks to all the points they put on my card from that morning lol My SIL's jaw dropped, it was hilarious!
Clothes, a couple of Lego sets for my son.

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:38 am

So far a lot of pet stuff...I got my 2 cats their year's supply of supplement at VibrantPets.com, some toys and enzymatic litter box cleaner and awesome scratching posts at drsfosterand smith.com (thanks for the tip over in another forum) and Wednesday I scored pet crates at Lowes for slightly less then they would have cost me at Tractor Supply as well as brushes, claw trimmers, litter box mats.

And finally Lowes had a cheap ($69.99) wooden ladder shelf (it leans against a wall) in their BF ad...those make the best cat trees so I bought 2 more (last time they were on sale was 2 or 3 years ago)! My cats sit on the one I have daily so getting a few more for a reasonable price was great!!

For the humans on the list I bought a few tools for wonderful neighbors.

I am refreshing my father's wardrobe so the clothing deals are definitely interesting to me this year.He has Alzheimers/dementia of some kind so to make it possible for him to dress himself for as long as he can, I am buying a lot of copies of the same few outfits he likes.

People with AD/dementias sometimes keep dressing in the same clothes because that what makes them comfortable (they know how to put them on correctly), so having spares means I can sneak the dirty ones into the wash and substitute identical clean ones for him to find and put on the next day.

I also cleaned out & reorganized his closets so choosing something is pretty simple & fail-safe...his suits, dress shoes, tuxedo and military uniforms are in a different closet so what's left are his casual shirts, jeans, khakis, sneakers, a few coats & jackets and comfy everyday shoes. And gone are the clothes that date back to when I was in high school or earlier (20+ year old stuff).

Actually I need to do a lot more cleaning and downsizing of the house so a lot of shopping randomly isn't in my future. But bulk buying matching socks and undies for Dad at Costco is.

I am also going to reorganize his guest bedrooms...one will become a sitting room / place for someone who is a respite caregiver to hang out and make sure he sleeps through the night (another problem with AD/dementia is they not only often don't know what day, week, month or year it is, they start getting up at night and wandering around...if you want to help someone with AD/dementia stay at home you have to anticipate this and plan for someone to sit up nights with them because everybody who is healthy has gotta sleep sometime) and the other will be either a room for him to do activities in or a room where we lock up stuff he shouldn't have access to. I can't decide if the home office / library or the 2nd guest bedroom should be the no-go zone (I am leaning toward making the library off-limits)

This is not a fun lifestyle, definitely not one that anyone chooses, but the alternative is an $8,000+ a month locked 'memory care facility'. I may need to send him to one yet but for right now I can manage to keep him at home so I'm doing all I can to keep that going. I may need some different furniture and lots of hardware (locks for doors, safety things that parents of young kids use) though and BFAds has helped with that somewhat.

So I am BF shopping differently now and it's not just because the retailers are changing things up (I'm doing a lot online buying because it can be shipped to the house and that's just easier than having to take Dad out with me or scramble to find someone to keep an eye on him while I am out). There may be a lot of people who just get gift cards this year instead of a thoughtfully chosen present, but they know what is going on and I think they're okay with that.

Let me make a few observations here for other BFers

1) If there is someone who has AD/dementia or is a caregiver of someone in your circle of gift givers, cut them some slack on what they can give you. This disease is a real time and energy consumer so they may not be able to spend the kind of time with you (especially going out at odd hours for BF sales) you are used to. If you get a weird or disappointing present from them, know that at least they were thinking of you and wanted you to have something. Just being remembered is a gift with this disease because at some point (if something else does not take them first) they will not know who you are (and that is no fun either).

2) Also if you think BF has lost some of its magic and if there is someone who has AD/dementia or is a caregiver of someone in your circle of gift givers/receivers, please consider using your considerable shopping skills to help them give good gifts to others! Go stand in line for them for the cheap TV / device they know one of their other relatives/friends would want but they can't go get for them, help them hunt deals online (my father forgot how to surf the Internet about 8 years ago), heck even suggest which gift cards would be the best ones to get. It will make you feel like you are doing something positive for them and it's hard to ever feel like you can do anything for people with AD/dementia but if you really think about it you still can. I love that people are generous at this time of year, but we all could stand to be a little more generous with our own famlies and friends and loved ones and in a way that they need it.

3) If you are lucky enough to not be in a family or group of friends touched by AD/dementia consider helping out someone who has it but doesn't have much of a family or loved ones to help them. I would love to for once hear about a $99 TV going to a senior center / adult day care facility and that the people early and long in line for something were also picking up some little goodie for older 'forgotten' people (even if it's just a suitable $1 DVD). It's easy and fun to buy for needy youngsters, but there are also elders of ours who would definitely appreciate being a part of the fun and the scores on BF. Ask around your neighborhood or call the local Alzheimers organization to find out what people need (the national Alzheimers Association is at alz.org) and then match their needs to the BF deals.

4) There are some terrific books for people who don't have AD/dementia to read to learn about the diseases and how to communicate with people who have AD/dementia...Learning To Speak Alzheimers is one good one and another is one about being an 'all weather' friend to caregivers and people with dementias and AD. Amazon has both of them or you can request them from your local library or Alzheimers Association. This will help you get past the 'what do I say and do around a person with AD/dementia or a caregiver?' problem. You might buy copies for all of your friends and relatives while you are at it.

5) if money is tight, consider spending time with a person with AD/dementia (and giving a primary caregiver a break). Even if it's just an hour or two it is greatly appreciated. The books in 4) are a good start and a primary caregiver can clue you into how to deal with a specific person with AD/dementia (every person's disease symptoms & progression is different). If you are not comfortable taking on caregiver duties then consider just communicating with the caregiver (a quick phone call, a text message that acknowledges the hard but good job they are doing, a supportive email). One of the things I appreciate most is when friends call me and have a normal logical adult conversation with me...my father is losing that capacity daily (in fits and starts) and it helps me to feel less like I'm living in some kind of odd parallel universe when I hear from them.

Anyway it's time for me to feed the cats and get going on my Black Friday. Let's all make it as good a one as we can!

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:11 am

Part 2:

Got the 50" at target (#16 of 23)
One monster high doll. Target didn't have the display of the $10 ones. On the regular shelf there was only 3 or 4 of the ghouls alive, none of the roller craze. Spent 20 minutes waiting for someone to get some out of the back but they didn't have any. Of course that's the one my niece "would really like" santa to bring.

Got 31" darth vader and monster high inflatable sleeping bag/bed.

About to get up and get ready to hit round 3
I'm addicted!

newkirk32
Black Friday Pro

Postby newkirk32 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:22 am

So so tired...

Last week, got the 70 inch Vizio from Sams

Last night got:

Walmart Round 1
About 10 DVDs
Rubbermaid container set
2 genie bras (I love those things)
Pair of Jeans for hubby

Walmart Round 2
More DVDs

Best Buy
More DVDs

JCPenneys
Free Snowglobe

Petsmart
Free stocking with pet treats
10 35 lb bucket of litter for half price
Some cat toys
Cat food

Sams
Free Breakfast
2 Cooling gel Memory foam pillows - which were going like hotcakes, almost everyone had at least 2 in their carts!

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Target:
Boots
slippers
random stocking stuffers

Old Navy:
Winter clothes

In store

Radioshack:
iPhone 4

To be continued.........

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:12 pm

DVD's from Walmart and Target
HP Envy from office Depot
XBox 360 250gb from Best Buy
portable charger and sauve gift set from Walgreens
make up from Ulta
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Best buy Online Tuesday
2 Samsung Galaxies
Pioneer cd player
Hard drive

Kohls online order Tuesday night
Vera Wang Purse- Happy Birthday to Me
Boots

TRU online Wednesday night

Just like Home cleaning trolley
Hello Kitty Makeup Vanity
Tm Make up set
2 angry bird space games
Fisher price basketball thing for toddlers
air swimmer
jewelry designer
nail designer
leap frog guitar

Walmart In Person Thursday evening
Husband went to toys* I waited in line for sheets
Toss Across
Art Set
Wax cube warmer sets
Monster Truck Huge One
Comforter Set
4 King Sheet sets
2 recipe tins
Furby Boom
Ball pit
Pajamas
Boys Underwear

Target In Person
No go on the 229 50" TV very unlike target they only had 20 of them and we were 100+ in line.
Pajamas
Dual DVD system
Just Dance Kids 2014
Turbo DVD
2 Hooded Bath towels
Disney Song CD
2 Washcloth Sets
Throw

Intermission Nappy time*

Meijer 6 am

No Just Dance 2014 which is what I went for (was easy last year this year they had less games and more people 20 games and 70 people in line I walked away)
3 bodywash gift sets
Hello Kitty jewelry box
2 smaller gift sets of makeup

JCPenney

One Adidas hoodie
Disney snow globe
Bella Waffle maker

Home Depot
real garland
real wreaths

Walmart Again
Tons leftover
tupperware
2 queen sheets
dvds

Came home and now going to garden ridge and the mall

hiker75
Black Friday Pro

Postby hiker75 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:27 pm

The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was the sharpie limited edition from walmart. Had it in my cart and was gone before I checked out. *sniff* *sniff*

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:47 pm

lwmjr wrote:Office Max,
24 Dell monitor 99

HD,
dewalt drill 20volt 99
Christmas tree 69
Flashlight, 19
flashlight 2pk 9
Ryobi 62 pc drill set 9

Sears online
Hoover Vacuum 69
Kenmore infared heater 89

Airsoft GI online
asst accessories 92, avg 40% savings, & free shipping :lol:

AirRattle online
M9, 64
M4, 159
extra mags, 24
Bonus pk, Free t shirt, and 60 back for orders over 100
Plus, avg 33% savings on items

:lol: LOL did you really need another tree LOL :lol:

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:56 pm

to add to the list of online order I also got
3 more pairs of boots
3 sweaters
3 hoodies
2 pairs of jeans
new tote bag
6 pairs of earrings
diamond neckalce for my mom
2 pairs of magic gloves
2 pairs of tights
a couple of pillows
a down comforter
4 boxes of k-cups
TONS of coffee and energy drinks LOL
and my snow globe from jcpenny

hiker75
Black Friday Pro

Postby hiker75 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:47 pm

hiker75 wrote:The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was the sharpie limited edition from walmart. Had it in my cart and was gone before I checked out. *sniff* *sniff*

Yay.. just got 2 by actually going in to a supercenter

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:49 pm

harleygirl6363 wrote:
24 Dell monitor 99

Its in my bedroom :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

harleygirl6363
Black Friday Pro

Postby harleygirl6363 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:51 pm

lwmjr wrote:
harleygirl6363 wrote:
24 Dell monitor 99

Its in my bedroom :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nice setup adn decorated already

Return to “Off Topic”