So...what's your tday <BF> game plan?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Re: So...what's your tday <BF> game plan?

Postby nikkigirl01 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:09 am

Steff... I totally agree with you about the no children thing. My oldest is 9, and a very mature 9 at that. He is DYING to go shopping with me this year and spend some money he has saved up. I will take him out later on Friday morning, but I will not take him to any of the door busters/openings. I worry too much about his safety, and because of that I wouldn't get the things I need to get. I don't think the doorbuster sales are a place for kids at all, and I am horrified every year at the amount of small children I see in the stores, WM especially.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:47 am

I've never seen a bad experience on BF, thankfully. The only reason I think it's been unsafe for small kids is when parents leave carts in aisleways with small children and go off behind a pallet or something. I seen a kid nearly flip a cart over before because of that. When my daughter was little I was right there with her, and she was safe & also got everything I needed on my list.

But I think it also depends on your area, and the kind of crowd the store gets. I'm okay with taking my 12-15 year olds. My son was 11 last year when he went, and I took his sister the year before that. My son thought it was cool until we had to stand in line for an hour at Kmart LOL. Worst line other than years ago when I last went to TRU on BF.
I honestly think, with the hours of the sales, taking kids and making it a 'family' event is going to become more and more popular. For those areas/stores that do get a lot of crazy things happening, that is going to be a BAD thing :(

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:39 pm

yeah, my thing is we are going to stores/area I haven't ever been before to tell how it is....
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:04 am

pdavis wrote:well my original plan was:

But now I'm trying to come up with extra $$ to hit the 50" tv at target. if I can, then i'll go get in line at target early in the morning Thursday, get the tv and a couple other things, then go to walmart

So I came up with the extra $. So now my plan is:

Thanksgiving
7 am big lots
Maybe hit kmart
Get food and get in line at target
After target toys r us, then kmart if I didn't go earlier. If I did home to sleep.

Friday
Go hit kmart for friday stuff.
Petsmart to try to get antlers for dd's new puppy
Then the mall for bbw.
After that play by ear and $
I'm addicted!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:10 am

I'm going to Kmart @ 6am on Thanksgiving morning, I want to get clothes <before my kids sizes are gone>, and a few other odd/ends. For some reason I thought the clothing sale started at 7pm, but confirmed with KM that it's 6am for 3 day..

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:17 pm

It still looks like a day of Football and grazing for me :lol:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:03 pm

My plan is CVS when I get up.
Watch the parade :D while perusing ads.
In laws at 3.

Target as soon as we are done eating or 6 p.m.
Check out the TRU line after I leave Target.
Go there or head to Kohl's
Check out the time after I am done at Kohls.
Want to hit Gamestop at midnight, will see if I have time to stop somewhere along the way.

Friday...
BJs when it opens, I think 7.
Then the outlet mall for BBW and whatever else i feel like shopping at.
I feel like there was one more place, but I can't remember!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:39 pm

So far, I have been sticking to my plan, except for the over grazing, I swear my feedbag, wasn't that big yesterday :lol:
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Kento87
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kento87 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:26 pm

Stayed up last night and got my Target and Gamestop items ordered online by 1:00 am was staying up to get walmart and target, woke up at 4:15! and panicked, Order everything we could online to include a 47" TV for a great price since I knew there was NWIH I was getting any of the 50" deals. then it was back to sleep for another 2 hours, up and work from 8:30 - 12:30 while surfing BFADS.net and all the sites searching for additional deals. Tday Supper at 1 ish turkey carved and leftovers put away about 1:50ish again look over BFADS and then off to TRU, arrive at 3, leave at 5:11 with booty, off to Wally World, arrive at wally world at 5:25, meet wife and kids, split up and conquer item, checkout at 6:12 and arrive home at 6:45. Mission accomplished, with 1 exception, birthday card for eldest daughter. oh well i have to go out tomorrow to get some refunds and do a return.

Awesome Day!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:55 pm

I folded, did a 15 minute round trip to Office Max, bought the $99 Dell 24" monitor, I don't think there was 15 people in the store.

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:26 am

I'm getting the feeling that a lot of people stayed home Thanksgiving & shopped online...it's not hard to duck out from family for a few minutes, hit up a deal on a device then come back & still be considered present and in the good graces of fussy relatives in the room (and avoid future negative social consequences).

I plan on Late Birding...my father is barely up right now (we are normally early risers) and I have a cat snuggling in my lap (he's working me over for some turkey lunchmeat, he gets it as a daily treat) so I'm not especially motivated to do more than keep him from walking on the keyboard as I type this post.

Stores to hit for sure are Lowes to pick up Late Wednesday-Early T-Day online purchases and a local book fair which does not open til 10 am (they used to open at 9am).

Might scavenge Tractor Supply for clothes for Dad (boo hiss to them for not putting what I want online) and might scout a bit of furniture at local furniture stores if Dad's having a good day.

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:27 am

Did on online shopping, and hit HD early this morning

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:18 pm

We went to Walmart yesterday about 4:45pm. Already a LOT of people there. There were 8 of us that went lol My uncle waited in line with my son, and my nephew for the Xbox 360 while I ran around looking for odds/ends. Got everything I needed except the towels.
As soon as my son had his Xbox in his arms, we went to the checkout and were out of Walmart by about 6:05pm. Went to the opposite side of town to Kmart and did a little shopping, and back home about 8:15pm.

I woke up @ 7am since my youngest slept with us last night - she was trying to push me out of bed, little bed hog lol Good thing I guess. I got on Amazon and found some things I'd been looking for at really good prices.

I 'might' take the kids out shopping in a little while, but we may just wait until tomorrow.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Ok here's how my day went down.

I woke up at 8:30, and went to Big Lots at 9:30 to get some of the batteries and a bean bag chair. They didn't have any bean bag chairs so I got the batteries.

Then I headed to Walgreens to stock up on the Finish dishwasher tablets, and Jet Dry.

After leaving Walgreens, I went to CVS to get some of the 2-liter sodas. I got 10 2-liters, then came home to unload and kill time. This was all prior to 11am so it was too early to go out.

About 1:30 I decided to head out. I had to stop and get gas, so I did that. Then I went onto Walmart. I was at Walmart by 1:45.

I parked up front at Walmart and went in. Everything was already out but the store was dead. I started to load up my buggy with the BF items I had gone for. As they brought things out that weren't out (not too much), I would get the item(s) and finish loading up. My buggy was loaded and ready to go by 2:15. I was hungry so I went to the deli and got some 'lunch'. I just sat around the store waiting until check-out time. At 5:45, they let us check-out. I loaded my car and headed home to unload and pick up the wife.

I picked her up, and we headed to the city, which once we got there we went into another Walmart to browse since we didn't need anything else from Walmart, and it was still early. We did end up getting a few of the movies there. After we left Walmart, we headed to the mall.

We got to the mall about 8:30, and went to Toys-R-Us first. We ran into Toys-R-Us and grabbed some wipes, some diapers for the preschool, and the John Deere Big Scoop set.

Once we left Toys-R-Us, we went to Target to grab some items there, which were mostly BlueRay movies. I wanted the XBox Live membership but they were sold out. Oh well.

Once we left Target we went to the mall itself, and went to JC Penney to grab a few minor things my wife wanted. The place was a cluster. Nobody worked there it seemed, the 1 person we saw who DID work there didn't have a clue. We ended up leaving. We went to Bath & Body Works so my wife could get the bag. We ended up spending over $100 in soap! :lol:

Then we stopped at Sbarro to eat dinner, and left the mall and headed to Michaels to get some duct tape for my son.

After Michaels, we hit the JC Penney on the other side of town which was empty. She got 2 shirts, and we left there.

After we left the second JCP, we came home to unload, and ended up taking an hour nap.

We woke up, and headed back to the second JCP and ran in and got our snow globe. We left the car running, we just ran in the door, grabbed the snow globes and ran out. Then we went back to Toys-R-Us and grabbed 3 boxes of Legos that were on sale at the 5am sale. After that we went to Walmart to grab a few non-BF items to kill time. From there, we went to Cracker Barrell and ate breakfast.

Once we left breakfast, we went to True Value. We got there at 8:15, and they were closed. Who closes at 8:15 on BF?! No business done there. Then we went to Walgreens again to get more dishwasher tabs, and then to Kmart so my wife could get one of those dutch ovens.

After Kmart, we went to AC Moore to get some of the rubber bands for my son. Then we headed south back to our hometown. Once we got back here, we went to Radio Shack to get some flash drives and the scanner. From there, we went to Lowe's to pick up the order I had made online yesterday.

After that we stopped at a local jewelry store to pick up some pearls for my mother in-law.

Then we came home and took an hour nap, then went and picked up the boys.

Now I am sitting on Amazon watching the lightning deals and waiting on UPS to bring some stuff I purchased.

Best store: Walmart (Most organized)
Worst store: JC Penney (as usual)
BF 2013 grade: A
Items on my BF list I did not get: 0
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:51 pm

I did go back to our Walmart with the Target ad and get my Xbox 360 Live card though... 3 of them. 8)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

Return to “Off Topic”