2013 Check-In Thread

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Re: 2013 Check-In Thread

Postby mechimpaired » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:47 am

Been back since end of September. I tried to check in here or there throughout the year but there was not a whole lot of activity.

I have had a good year but they are going by so fast; especially with how fast my kids are growing, plus we seem very busy most days making them fly by faster.

Glad to see the regulars again! Now lets see some ads!

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:14 am

lovebf wrote:
lwmjr wrote:Hello everyone, I'm the new guy here. Its cool, I snuck in when you weren't looking. If you really want to know, I'm retired Military, worked for a pest control company, for 10 years after that. Then in 08, I decided to retire. (guess my age, you may be eligible to win a prize) One of these days I may grow up and act like a responsible adult. But probably not,

I am Leo the lion, mane and all, and I am glad to meet you

Anyways, I am just here to cause mischief and mayhem, and to keep you on your toes, if you get tired of me, just pour me a bourbon, :lol:

58 :)

nope
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:51 am

Confused why we opened a check-in thread that is the whole point of the countdown thread it is a standard thread in most forums for general chatter. Guess it is just to add more clutter in the boards :lol:
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Not much here - my life is boring. My son turned 2, we went to WDW and Disneyland, and to visit my parents in Colorado. We just bought a Prius a few weeks ago :)

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:32 pm

ikey2 wrote:Confused why we opened a check-in thread that is the whole point of the countdown thread it is a standard thread in most forums for general chatter. Guess it is just to add more clutter in the boards :lol:

I thought that was just a counting thread like, 100 days til BF, 99 days til BF, 98 days til BF, etc. I have never read it! Had no idea there was chatting!

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:38 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:
ikey2 wrote:Confused why we opened a check-in thread that is the whole point of the countdown thread it is a standard thread in most forums for general chatter. Guess it is just to add more clutter in the boards :lol:

I thought that was just a counting thread like, 100 days til BF, 99 days til BF, 98 days til BF, etc. I have never read it! Had no idea there was chatting!

:lol: You never know what you might find
Willy Wonka:
[Spoken]
Hold your breath
Make a wish
Count to three

[Sung]
Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of
Pure imagination
Take a look
And you'll see
Into your imagination
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Postby ikey2 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:46 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:

Naw, countdown threads are a general location for people to talk and easily keep up to date with all things for that years countdown. Yes of course you will see numbers on it once aday but for the most part it will be the hangout and it avoid having a million of the same threads.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi all!

I really haven't been coming to the forums this year. Been busy working and going to school and watching my kids..though they are teens now.

So I decided in May to enroll in school because I hate my job and no longer want to do it. I am studying to be an esthetician, I will graduate in March 2014! If you don't know what an esthetician does, they specialize in skin (not on a dermatologist level). I can do facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, waxing of everything, eyebrow & eyelash tinting, make up...either being for a movie set or bridal party, etc. Sooooo if any of you are in the Austin, TX area send me a message, we do facials for $25 and it includes a massage (not deep massage) and it's 45min long. I attend Paul Mitchell School in Austin.

Other then that nothing else is really going on...great to see regulars still around
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

Paladen
Black Friday Pro

Postby Paladen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Ok. I'm checked in now. Soooo, how long is the wait? :lol:

P.S. Looking forward to having 2 weeks off with Thanksgiving/BF right in the middle of it. I have very little to get on BF, so I will just enjoy the BF atmosphere and people watching. I enjoy just being out in the middle of the hustle/bustle even if I don't have much shopping to do.

Shopper X
Black Friday Pro

Postby Shopper X » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:41 pm

I also never realized that the Countdown thread was for discussion. I just thought it was people posting countdown numbers so I never looked at it, the same way I don't read the Boy Bands topic under the assumption that it's just a discussion about boy bands.

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:49 pm

ikey2 wrote:
CrazyTrain wrote:

Naw, countdown threads are a general location for people to talk and easily keep up to date with all things for that years countdown. Yes of course you will see numbers on it once aday but for the most part it will be the hangout and it avoid having a million of the same threads.

I'll have to check it out!

stepheng
Black Friday Pro

Postby stepheng » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Shopper X wrote:I also never realized that the Countdown thread was for discussion. I just thought it was people posting countdown numbers so I never looked at it, the same way I don't read the Boy Bands topic under the assumption that it's just a discussion about boy bands.

Haha yep. I don't really see the problem with this thread. There's a ton of actual duplicate threads on here that no one questions or gets upset about. I say who cares? Happy shopping :D
"Do right." -Erk Russell

bertaha
Black Friday Pro

Postby bertaha » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:29 pm

I'm here and excited to start planning for Black Friday!

It's been a busy year for us. Our daughter gave up one pageant title and has won two more. In June of 2014 she will be competing for Li'l Miss Iowa. She changed dance studios this fall and seems to be enjoying her new teacher and friends. My son keeps busy with TaeKownDo and tumbling. Last September he started TKD and has moved from white to yellow to orange to low green, to high green to low blue belt in that time. He has only not tested once, which they do every two months, but will be testing again in December. If he passes his test he will be high blue. Changes are always happening with my job. Earlier this month we broke ground on our second building. Last September we moved in to our current location, which was supposed to be our 3-5 year building. We have quickly outgrown it and require more space to be able to house all of the necessary staff to meet our clients' needs. My husband is back to hunting this fall, which is good. Hopefully I'll be able to get out with him some.

Good luck to all of your in your BF endeavors!

shanyo76
Black Friday Pro

Postby shanyo76 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi everyone. Not sure I've ever shared much personal info, lol.....had a pretty rough year. My youngest child was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. She's 8. My oldest had major spinal surgery for her scoliosis. She now has rods from top to bottom. It was her 3rd major surgery (she's had 2 brain surgeries for Chiari Malformation). She's 17. My 10 year old son is the only healthy one. Needless to say, we are drowning in medical bills and Christmas will not be what my kids are used to this year. I'm really not sure why I'm even here. Just like to torture myself I guess. I keep telling myself that things could be so much worse and I need to be thankful for the blessings in my life, because there ARE blessings! My husband was just promoted to Assistant Manager at Verizon which he SO deserved!

Anyway.....I still plan on going out and picking up a few things if I can. I can't just NOT go at all! :D

DramaticAnnie
Black Friday Pro

Postby DramaticAnnie » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:58 pm

shanyo76 wrote:Hi everyone. Not sure I've ever shared much personal info, lol.....had a pretty rough year. My youngest child was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. She's 8. My oldest had major spinal surgery for her scoliosis. She now has rods from top to bottom. It was her 3rd major surgery (she's had 2 brain surgeries for Chiari Malformation). She's 17. My 10 year old son is the only healthy one. Needless to say, we are drowning in medical bills and Christmas will not be what my kids are used to this year. I'm really not sure why I'm even here. Just like to torture myself I guess. I keep telling myself that things could be so much worse and I need to be thankful for the blessings in my life, because there ARE blessings! My husband was just promoted to Assistant Manager at Verizon which he SO deserved!

Anyway.....I still plan on going out and picking up a few things if I can. I can't just NOT go at all! :D

*hugs!!! I hope you can get to go out! I'm sorry for your troubles.. sending mucho positive energy your way :))

Return to “Off Topic”