Ridiculous or not?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Re: Ridiculous or not?

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:13 pm

just watch the video's most GM's are the same.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=eva ... &FORM=VDRE
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

Paladen
Black Friday Pro

Postby Paladen » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Wow...

You would be completely justified asking for a FULL refund.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Wow that looks so easy to change the Evap sensor LOL We'll have to look into it, thanks so much! I don't know why I never looked it up, usually I look up videos for everything!

We picked it up after my husband got off of work, and it seems to be better than it has been in a long time! Had POWER, wasn't sluggish at all.
He changed the fuel injectors/regulator, 02 sensor, coolant temp sensor, spark plugs on the drivers side, etc.
He also cleaned out the drain that was causing water on the passenger side floorboard. He said it was definitely stopped up with the foam that surrounds it. It wasn't something he could blow out, he had to use something to pull/suck it out of the line.
Didn't charge us for that.

Hopefully now all we need is tires, and eventually change that evap sensor!

lwmjr
Forum Moderator

Postby lwmjr » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Glad its better.
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:56 pm

Glad its much better! If he did all that for 600$ you are doing damn good. the regulator replacement runs 160 and spark plugs for C to do himself were about 120$ on the blazer, so youve got a very reasonable mechanic.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:09 am

Thanks! I hope it stays running good for a long time now, it's so frustrating when you get into those big repairs. So far nothing has been cheap on it. Last fall we put on the new radiator and fuel pump. Then this spring the head gaskets, and front drivers side hub. I know I am missing something else too! Oh of course the heater core bypass which turned out to not be necessary!

This particular mechanic did the gaskets for $200 cheaper than the other shops. He told me when I picked it up that he drove it afterwards to make sure all was good, and he said it drove great, he said it's a very good running vehicle. I told him all year it just seemed to have no real power, struggled to pull the trailer, and just didn't have the pick up and go that it used to have. He said to drive it, and call him tomorrow <today> and tell him what I think about it now, he said it definitely has power and the pick up now.
I agree, several times I found myself having to take my foot off the gas so I wasn't going over the speed limit too much! Stop then accelerating again it felt great!

I am trying to find an excuse to go somewhere today so I can drive it lol So far the only thing I can come up with is I need hay today, but that is 2 miles down the road lol

Return to “Off Topic”