Weatherman just said.......

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

zippy
Black Friday Pro

Re: Weatherman just said.......

Postby zippy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:58 pm

[So far we have had freezing rain and the husband broke his door handle completely off this morning trying to gain entry. I find things like this comical I don't think he did lol[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: This morning after a night of freezing rain my hubby tried to get in his truck. After standing in the cold trying to get all the ice off his door so it would open he realized the door was just locked :lol: :lol: :lol: We have 6/7inches on the ground and still snowing after a night of freezing rain. Brrr

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:15 am

OMG LOL!!! Ok doors locked is seriously hilarious!

My friend got locked out of her house because of the ice, she had to put together a few things in her car to help thaw the door handle so she could get into her house.

I don't know how bad the ice is here, haven't been outside since it started in the afternoon. I don't think it's too bad, but a hard freeze tonight will make it complicated especially for my husband when he leaves for work in the morning.

They are saying we could get up to a quarter of an inch of ice Sunday, not looking forward to that :(

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:33 am

Luckily for us their predictions were wrong for this year it seemed to all stay north of the ohio river. We got freezing rain, sleet, then about 1.5 inches of snow barely enough to cover the grass. However, the roads are bad because of the layer of ice under the snow. On the upside it was not enough freezing rain to take down trees or power lines.

LarandaW
Black Friday Pro

Postby LarandaW » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:37 pm

......"Baby it's cold outside".......... :D

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:59 pm

mechimpaired wrote:Luckily for us their predictions were wrong for this year it seemed to all stay north of the ohio river. We got freezing rain, sleet, then about 1.5 inches of snow barely enough to cover the grass. However, the roads are bad because of the layer of ice under the snow. On the upside it was not enough freezing rain to take down trees or power lines.

I agree, wasn't that bad here either. We got even less than you, just a little bit to cover everything. I thought I'd be cleaning ice off the porch/walkway, and it was already nice and clear this morning, roads are great, etc. There is ice on the trees which is pretty, but otherwise this was not a big deal kind of thing. They have another advisory for tomorrow, but we'll see what happens with that, I hear mostly rain again.

It's cold out though, 25 degrees.
My kids went to decorate the 4-H Christmas parade float this morning and were frozen when I picked them up <they were in a barn>. Looks great! Parade is this afternoon. My youngest can't ride the float, she's been sick, and will just watch with hubby for a while. Oldest 2 will be riding, and my son is bringing his youngest goat lol Should be fun, but hopefully they all don't freeze!
I'll be walking ahead of the float to get pictures, and also helping watch the kids on the float... I'm going to freeze to death LOL

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:20 pm

LarandaW wrote:......"Baby it's cold outside".......... :D

Did the weatherman, sing it like Dean Martin :)
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:02 pm

I think the storm must have slacked up a bit after hitting this area...our roads are awful. Chris said getting to the blacktop wasn't bad but the blacktop is a sheet of ice.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:48 pm

We however got almost as much as what was predicted. We had about 4 inches yesterday when it was time for school. Schools around us closed...we only had a two hour delay. What made me laugh was at the end of the day, the principal got on the intercom and told the students that drive to be careful because the bus drivers were reporting how slick it was. (I know he doesn't make the call, but it was still ironic) :lol: Our total was 7 inches of snow by the end of the night and about a quarter to a half inch of sleet/ice.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Very cold and dry here, but we're supposed to get a few inches of snow through tomorrow night.

kowen
Black Friday Pro

Postby kowen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:51 pm

It is currently 12 degrees here. BRRRRR.

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Was around 84 here today...a bit warm for December - we should be at a wintry 74 or something...lol!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:07 am

We spent 2 hours outside during the parade this afternoon/early evening, low 20s.

20 right now.
Calling for some nasty weather early in the morning, but by tomorrow afternoon it's supposed to all change to a cold rain. I'm so tired of cold rain, just let it snow already!

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:01 am

its all rain and 40's here
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:58 pm

another warm up into the 50's, and of course some rain to go with it

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:28 am

Back into the 60's later this week

Return to “Off Topic”