GoPros: Are They Worth It?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

GoPros: Are They Worth It?

Postby cmac1337 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Our group, "The Black Friday Tailgaters", (it's a nickname the local newspapers and news stations in the area have given us) are looking at purchasing a GoPro so we can film more of our Black Friday stuff and hopefully get a full length film/documentary about the hard work that really does go into Black Friday and how it's not just about saving money, but also about spending some time with family and friends.

So, all that aside, I've been looking into GoPros a bit but figured with the wide assortment of people that view these forums, surely someone could give me some credible opinions on their functionality and, hopefully, help me determine whether or not I wanna fork out more money for another camera. We already have two that we plan on using as well as microphones and boom mics, but we want to catch some of the "Live Action" stuff we do like when we interact with the line.

All that in mind, hoping to hear some input on whether or not I should buy.

Thanks.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Re: GoPros: Are They Worth It?

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:16 pm

My son has a GoPro and it is pretty cool! We took it skiing year before last & it took some great footage. Really interesting when you get the first person view. He used the chest harness for it. Helmet cam would be great too. It is pretty easy to use and the picture quality is awesome.

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:08 am

tinytim35 wrote:My son has a GoPro and it is pretty cool! We took it skiing year before last & it took some great footage. Really interesting when you get the first person view. He used the chest harness for it. Helmet cam would be great too. It is pretty easy to use and the picture quality is awesome.

Thanks for the input. I'd certainly have to purchase the assorted attachments to get different perspectives.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:59 am

cmac1337 wrote:
tinytim35 wrote:My son has a GoPro and it is pretty cool! We took it skiing year before last & it took some great footage. Really interesting when you get the first person view. He used the chest harness for it. Helmet cam would be great too. It is pretty easy to use and the picture quality is awesome.

Thanks for the input. I'd certainly have to purchase the assorted attachments to get different perspectives.

I'm not sure how to put the video here but my son has a Youtube page Blockersproductions with several videos. The Colorado Springs 2012 one is done with the GoPro. It is quite long so you may want to just skim through. The beginning part he did using the chest harness. The end of the video was done by attaching the camera to the snowmobile. It didn't attach as well as he wanted but the video is pretty interesting. After he was done with the tour he had other ideas as to how he could have attached it better.

Now he is trying to figure out how to attach it to his remote helicopter that he got last Christmas.....now that will be interesting if he can figure it out.

http://youtu.be/ydNEoU2E-_U

of course my son is the shadow in the jester's cap, guy in the red jacket is hubby....

Return to “Off Topic”