Xbox One

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Xbox One

Postby MikesTooLz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:49 am

Man Microsoft is going to drive me nuts, releasing the Xbox One two days before black friday. I'll be in line thinking about the new Xbox thats at home that I'm not playing.
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Re: Xbox One

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:26 pm

not sure that we will bite on this one. Don't like that the old games won't work and that you have to be online most of the time....let me know how it works so I can tell my guys.

MikesTooLz
Black Friday Pro

Postby MikesTooLz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:23 am

Microsof made some changes after all of the complaints. There are good and bad things that come from these changes.

The Good:
No more online checkin requirement. The xbox no longer requires and internet connection to play.
Game discs can be traded, sold, or lended to others freely..

The Bad:
Now if you have a disc version of a game, the game disc will always have to be inside the disc tray while playing the game even though the game runs off of the built in hard drive, the disc must still be in the drive.

The have done away with family sharing. You were going to be able to share your games with up to 8 family members no matter where they are located. So basicly you could be a game and your cousin that lives across the country could download your game and start playing it right away as long as you have them listed as one of your family members.

Online game purchases can no longer be sold, traded, or given away.

The way I see it, Microsoft was doing the right thing and pushing forward into the future of gaming where everything is digital downloads. Due to the bad reaction the press and customers Microsoft did some back peddling and brought things back to how they are done today (witch is almost 9 years old now)

Some people just dont like change and fight it... but what will they all be thinking in 2 years when DVD's and physical media is obsolete?
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> Follow me on Twitter <-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-> βĹĂČĶ ŦŔĨĎĂŶ<-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks Mike....may take a second look....maybe.....

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:06 am

I'm so excited for it. Wish PC Richards would get it together and get their buyer on it. They still don't have pre order set up!

cmac1337
Black Friday Pro

Postby cmac1337 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:10 pm

I've debated on whether or not I want to go after one of these newer consoles...and I think I'd rather just stick to my PC. The console war has just gotten silly and neither, to me, really seem to be leaps and bounds better than its counterpoint.

Call me old-fashioned or traditional, but I'll stick to my mouse and keyboard over dual analog.
We Call Ourselves the "Black Friday Tailgaters (BF Tailgaters)"

1st in Line at Best Buy Store #1446 in Fultondale, AL for 7 straight years.

Follow/Like Us On Our Social Pages!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

Vine

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:13 pm

cmac1337 wrote:I've debated on whether or not I want to go after one of these newer consoles...and I think I'd rather just stick to my PC. The console war has just gotten silly and neither, to me, really seem to be leaps and bounds better than its counterpoint.

Call me old-fashioned or traditional, but I'll stick to my mouse and keyboard over dual analog.

I'm right there with ya! Gotta have my keyboard & mouse to play my EQ.....never have played a console or handheld. If I can't use my mouse & ASWD to get around just forget about it!

ikey2
BFads Tin Man

Postby ikey2 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 pm

tinytim35 wrote:
cmac1337 wrote:I've debated on whether or not I want to go after one of these newer consoles...and I think I'd rather just stick to my PC. The console war has just gotten silly and neither, to me, really seem to be leaps and bounds better than its counterpoint.

I'm right there with ya! Gotta have my keyboard & mouse to play my EQ.....never have played a console or handheld. If I can't use my mouse & ASWD to get around just forget about it!

EQ.... Wow and here i thought i was the only one that still plays that game.. love it and can never leave it for long.
“Every time a cash register rings, a food court employee gets his Buffalo Wings.”
Hester, Pat

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly!

Andy Rooney

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:09 pm

ikey2 wrote:
tinytim35 wrote:

EQ.... Wow and here i thought i was the only one that still plays that game.. love it and can never leave it for long.

started with EQ, went to EQ2 and have been playing off & on for the past 13+ years. Played tons & tons of other MMORPG's but Q is my favorite.

Ahh the stories I could tell.....when my son was 2 deleting my level 60 drood......staying up all night to go to guild raids with my Aussie guild and then going to work.....

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:26 am

Walmart is advertising it for advance purchase in todays (Sunday) adds, $499.00 the add does say limited quantities. And you have to put 10% down
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

lwmjr
Evil, demented & twisted

Postby lwmjr » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Target has their reservation card for only $10
Just here to have fun, keep the bad guys out, and give the stray dogs a place to stay

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I have always used consoles for my gaming experiences...although my friends who love PCs have been "Steam-ing" it up.

Personally, I am drawn more to the PS4 based on the games and the price point...since I would rather buy a Kinect separately than have it apart of my system.

However, sometimes, it is just safer to wait for the systems to come out to work all the bugs out.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:32 am

I have never been one to jump on the band wagon of getting a new gaming system right when it comes out. Mostly because of price and they eventually have to fix what kinks are in it. I usually wait a year or two or maybe more LOL after the hype has calmed down and my kids decide what they want. We only have the wii and the xbox 360. The xbox 360 we just got in 2011 LOL. Does playing wheel of fortune, bejeweled, jeopardy, and any puzzle or trivia game on the PC game count as playing games on the PC....ROFL

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:56 am

we got the star wars xbox last christmas....we will not be upgrading at all!!!
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:27 pm

Xbox 360 is going to be around until 2016 according to Microsoft so there is a lot of time to invest in the other next gen systems.

Return to “Off Topic”