How are you spending the weekend?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

How are you spending the weekend?

Postby headbanger783 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:45 am

How is everyone spending the weekend and the holiday next week? I may go out shopping to just to be with all the last minute crazy people but then I'm working all week...and yep that includes Christmas day!

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Re: How are you spending the weekend?

Postby teknoge3k » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 am

Today (Friday) - Cleaning the house
Saturday - Going to a basketball game (McNeese v UNC)
Sunday - Going to my grandparents for our side of the family Christmas party
Monday - Going to my wifes grandparents for her side of the family Christmas party
Tuesday - Going to the in-laws for breakfast and open gifts
Wednesday - Hangover
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 am

today is my bday.. the big 3-0. i took the day off.. had all sorts of awesome stuff planned... massage.. hair cut... get together with friends tonight....

we had a snow storm wednesday night/thursday morning. roads are still crappy so all of those plans have been cancelled :( but i'm still hoping to get out for dinner tonight with a couple of my friends so hopefully my bday isn't a complete bust.

tomorrow i take off to ohio for xmas... not thrilled that i might have to deal with traveling on crappy weather AGAIN! driving halfway tomorrow (about 7 hours) and then sunday i will travel the other 4 hours.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Today I am going to Kroger and Sam's club for food mostly some last minute stocking stuff. Later I am going with my mom to Kohls and TJ Maxx to try and find some Christmas attire for myself.

Tommorow finishing up candy making and going to hand it out to neighbors/family before noon. This year I made key lime pie fudge, dreamsicle fudge, butter pecan fudge, chocolate fudge, pecan pie balls, pb balls, and oreo balls. Then I have to get the house ready for a family shindig and get all the appetizers ready.

Sunday the goal is to relax and hang out with friends. Chinese food, kids games, and big people games.

Monday- Two different family functions and putting together stuff after kids get in bed.

Tuesday- normal kids opening presents but dad/brothers come out to watch and trade with one another. Off to my mom's brunch at noon. Tuesday night come home drink some great wine and relax.

happyfan
Black Friday Pro

Postby happyfan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Sounds like everybody is going to have some fun this weekend. I really like it when the Christmas holiday falls on Mon/Tue. Kind of gives you 4 days to really enjoy it.

Friday- Spending it loafing. Everything is under control business/holiday/family wise and honestly, BORED out of my mind. Starting to wish my wife had taken her vacation this time of year instead of summer. But noooooooo, she wanted to go the beach.
Saturday- Going to the Lion's Club for their "last day to donate" pancake breakfast. Hoping they are able to bring a lot of smiles to kids and food for the tables of those unable to have a good dinner. Then home and clean the house, do the laundry, fix some fence from last nights wind storm, and other things. I might even start on it today. Cat is starting to get smelly so may get adventurous (he has all his claws) and use his shampoo to give him a wet bath. Need to find the welding gloves first though.
Sunday- Out to the field all day (home in time to catch some football though). It was something me and my dad always did the day before Christmas Eve. It'll be nice to spend a day thinking about what it was like as a kid and trampling through brier bushes because he was to cheap to buy a hunting dog. Things changed as we both got older and never really spoke or cared for each other as we did when I was a kid. It's just something that happens in my family and I figure to carry on a tradition is a small way to show him I really was paying attention all those years ago. Niece wants to go this year to learn but after last Friday, just not comfortable with that.
Monday- Should be a good morning and afternoon. FIL is coming by to exchange gifts and I get a hoot out of him. The evening, say around 4 or 5? Dreading it. My family will be here for the big Christmas Eve "party". It'll go good for a couple hours and then somebody will insult somebody just out of the blue. Then it will be a huge blow up (usually my aunt and her daughter but sometimes they like to shake it up and attack someone else for their "heathen children") and hear the same old thing, "I won't be back next year" from the offended person(s).....but they always do. Gotta love family around the holidays. If they ain't good for nothing, they are at least good for a laugh.
Tuesday- Wait for Santa to roll down the chimney, enjoy some gift giving, a nice dinner, help do the dishes, clean up the house, and spend the rest of the day just sitting around enjoying the day.
Wednesday- Probably getting up early and accompanying the misses for her annual "Day after Christmas" shopping trip. With snow in the forecast, should be fun.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:05 pm

bfaddict wrote:today is my bday.. the big 3-0. i took the day off.. had all sorts of awesome stuff planned... massage.. hair cut... get together with friends tonight....

we had a snow storm wednesday night/thursday morning. roads are still crappy so all of those plans have been cancelled :( but i'm still hoping to get out for dinner tonight with a couple of my friends so hopefully my bday isn't a complete bust.

tomorrow i take off to ohio for xmas... not thrilled that i might have to deal with traveling on crappy weather AGAIN! driving halfway tomorrow (about 7 hours) and then sunday i will travel the other 4 hours.

Happy Birthday!!

last minute shopping for groceries....finish wrapping.....hoping I don't have to go out anywhere else!!!

taragriffis
Black Friday Pro

Postby taragriffis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Friday- Worked

Saturday- Work then finish baking at home after baking all day at work

Sunday- Work and go to an evening service at Church

Monday- Work and then hubby is making lasagna dinner for a few close friends and family

Christmas at my Mom's with entire family

Wednesday- relax, hit a few stores for sales and put away all the new toys that I probably didn't need to buy for my youngest

Back to work on Thursday to prepare year end inventory and start baking lots of pumpernickle bread for customers' new year's parties

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro

Postby schafferfamily5 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Happy Birthday bfaddict & in Ohio we are getting alot of snow right now, but hopefully the
roads will be clear for you to drive when you get up this way :P

So Sat. shoveling snow, then shopping (maybe) with daughter & dh
Then just spenting time with family.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Friday/today...Homework
Saturday....Work, Homework and Cleaning
Sunday....Church
Monday....homework
Tuesday....relax and enjoy the day with my kiddies
Wed, Thur, Fri....work and homework

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Friday/today - NOTHING. Looked at Christmas lights after dinner, watching Christmas movies
Sat - Relax during the day, Sister BDay party at 5pm
Sun - Relax, watch Christmas movies
Mon - See Sunday
Tue - Up at 5am, get dressed for the day, open our gifts, call wife's Grandma/Aunt in Ohio at 8am, leave for dinner at her parents at 12 noon, dinner at my parents at 4pm, home to crash
Wed - me back to work
Thu - me back to work
Fri - me back to work
Sat-Tue off the New Year's

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Staying home today. Tomorrow we plan to take the kids to the bass pro shop.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Well...on top of fighting yet another sinus infection....
Fri - cleaning house = rearranging the room I have my computer in - moving the desk, a tv stand, sorting through stuff.
Moved my bedroom tv onto the tv stand, brought the Wii in and hooked it up - now all the kids can play the wii & watch netflix in here.
Somewhat cleaned our bedroom <haha>.

Sat - made breakfast, cleaned my son's room <OMG....>, went behind the kids recleaning new messes in my computer room!
Laundry, cook dinner, made some dark chocolate biscotti for hubby/kids.
Gave 5 of our goats vaccinations they were due to have, got them all fed and bedded down for the night.
Getting ready to give my 6yo a shower, wash dinner dishes, finish laundry & get it folded.

Sun- I have no idea! Probably go through and clean the house again, check goat feet to make sure nobody needs anything <it's been really muddy :( >, try to get my husband to hook up the trailer and go get the siding for the barn addition so we can get it done!
I need to stop at the store anyway tomorrow, so I can get a few things I'll need for Christmas dinner, plus some more breakfast stuff since we'll have family staying Mon night and possibly Christmas night too.

El Zorro
Black Friday Pro

Postby El Zorro » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:07 am

Happy belated birthday BFaddict! Spent Friday visiting my grandmother and time with my girls. Started cleaning the house yesterday and visited with family that came down from Nebraska. Today more cleaning and football. Tomorrow final work day of the year....and you guessed it. Cleaning lol

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Happy Belated Bday BFads! Sorry I meant to tell you that in my last post!

Today I ended up working on laundry, cleaning up kids messes, cooking, getting some stuff done on the computer, and then went to Church with hubby/kids, stopped at the store to get some things I need. Came home, made homemade pizza, but I'm just not in the mood for it :( Got on here to do a few more things, and here I am..lol
I need to go clean my kitchen, finish folding laundry, vaccum, and plan out what I am cooking/making tomorrow.
My brother and his family are coming tomorrow, so we're really excited! I need to make pumpkin pies, cookies and chocolate covered pretzels. Probably do the pretzels in the morning and pies/cookies with all the kids help tomorrow evening<haha...>.

Return to “Off Topic”