"Stop Spending..." lol!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

"Stop Spending..." lol!

Postby bfshoppermom » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Why is it that this time of year my kids (or I) see the "have to have items" that they weren't aware of a few weeks ago? I am doing good and not buying...(well don't have the money) but I am tempted! Most of it is just stupid little stuff! (Which all adds up!)

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Re: "Stop Spending..." lol!

Postby teknoge3k » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 pm

I wish we could stop spending. We've been done for months but just seem to keep buying for each other. lol
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:40 pm

bfshoppermom wrote:Why is it that this time of year my kids (or I) see the "have to have items" that they weren't aware of a few weeks ago? I am doing good and not buying...(well don't have the money) but I am tempted! Most of it is just stupid little stuff! (Which all adds up!)

yeah, already had kiddo's bought THEN he came up with a list.....doesn' help that his birthday is next week too :(

El Zorro
Black Friday Pro

Postby El Zorro » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 am

My wife and I went out shopping Saturday for our extended family members and we went through the Toy aisle saying "oh the girls would like this" many times. Luckily we were able to hold back.

Still..for the 10 or 15 items we bought as stocking stuffers or for family members we still spent quite a bit of money, I thought. It's amazing how quickly it can all add up.

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 am

It's very hard to restrain yourself from over giving. I feel like this year more than ever I have seen people who I know personally go from the modest, "oh no please, don't get anything for me." to, "I want X Y Z". So the pressure is on us more than ever. On a positive note at least people are in the holiday spirit of giving. I spent way more than I should have this year and I still have a tad more to go. Found out we are going to my moms side of the family's house on xmas day which of course I was told last night. Now being down to one person left on the list im back up to 8

BeachGirlShops
Black Friday Pro

Postby BeachGirlShops » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:48 pm

We shopped early this year which was nice but for some reason I still feel the need to keep shopping. If you know where to look, there are deals pretty much everywhere. The good thing about shopping early is that what I get now is extra stuff for me and my husband and son. I have been getting buttons from JCP and they keep me coming back. It's kind of hard to stop when you are getting stuff there for free or a couple bucks! If I were smart, I'd buy a ahead for birthdays etc...

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 pm

ughhh i keep seeing things i want to buy for people and it's like NO! went to kansas city this weekend to shop at the plaza... ughhhh so many cute things i could have bought people.

instead i just spent all the money on myself lol

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Tell me about it I have been done for everyone for over a week now but my husband dropped a major hint he was really hoping for something so I went and got it today. My daughter comes home and tells me she told Santa today that she wants a red sequin dress and a FURBY?????? She was sooooo not interested in them a month ago. I am holding strong and not getting it because the child has a bazillion other presents.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm with you guys! We are done besides a few stocking stuffers - few little fun things for my son & some candy for all 3.

Just received a Christmas card from my Uncle today, and he asked that I use $$ he sent to buy a gift for each of the kids from him since he wasn't sure what to get them.
Another relative sent the kids a little $$ for Christmas as well. So I'll have to go shopping to get gifts for the kids from them. I don't mind it at all, but we only have Kmart locally and there isn't really anything else I'd get unless something is on sale, so might have to make a trip to the city.

I'm too poor to buy more gifts LOL My husband is on vacation this week, so he's going to try and change the heater core in my SUV, and fix any other coolant leaks it might have. We have to get more hay tomorrow <$4 bale x ?? 15-20 most likely>, get the stuff to finish adding onto the barn <$200 I'm guessing>, and this coming weekend get everything for Christmas dinner.
Right after Christmas I have to get everything I need for when the goats start having their babies <dog sweaters or toddler sweaters to help keep babies warm, extra heat lamp & bulb for my old heat lamp, straw for bedding, etc. etc.>
WHEW. after that I hope I get to take a breath for a week or so before I start sitting in the barn watching and waiting for babies lol

Return to “Off Topic”