Adult Christmas List

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Adult Christmas List

Postby Sparkle2217 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Heard this song a few times today and it had me thinking? What do adults actually want for Christmas? Everybody is always focused on the kiddies but hey what about us adults LOL.

Soooooooooo what do you guys want for Christmas?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Re: Adult Christmas List

Postby bfaddict » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 pm

last year was the FIRST year EVER that i did not tell my parents what i wanted. seriously it was the best year. I don't normally ask for a whole lot each year, so I usually get what I ask for. it was so much fun having my gifts be a surprise.
I guess there was one thing i suggested, which was gift certificate for massage and I did get a year of free massages (one every other month) - my last one is on the 21st.

Stocking stuffers I ask for makeup...

Things I like to ask for are stuff I would probably not buy myself (ie a little more than i can afford). This year I'm getting an ipad because I made a comment back in January about how I was the only family member who did not have a tablet lol (my 2 nephews ages 4 & 7 have ipads) so my dad was like "well.... if you happened to get one next year.. what would you like??"

things in the past have been perfume.... new cameras.... sheets....my brother always gets me gift certs to a couple different places.

packers
Black Friday Pro

Postby packers » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:11 pm

booze :mrgreen:

Usually my husband and I get each other a nice bottle of bourbon

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 pm

I want an Egyptian Cotton 1200 Thread Count sheet set and some comfy pj's.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 pm

I never ask. Hubby and I do not exchange gifts but I help the kids pick out something for their dad and he does the same for me. I know what I would ask for if money were no object, a nook or e-reader, a smart phone, or a new serger. Of course, I would love to have our families out to visit. We miss them so much!

However, money is an object lol so I will ask for nothing and will probably get a new bird ornament for the tree, chocolate, and perhaps some bubble bath. Given and received with love! :)

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 pm

I want a robe (I think best friend got that). I told mom I found a store that had a couple purses I liked so she told me to pick them up and when she gets here from atl she'll give me the $ for them lol. Told dd i'd like new marvin the martian slippers. I'd really love a new set of pots and pans
I'm addicted!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:51 am

I could use a new PC my old Lenovo X100e is not capable of performing to todays standards.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 am

I love what everyone has put. It's the simple things. I actually want a pair of those really comfy thick socks LOL. Not the ones you can actually wear with shoes but the ones you wear around the house.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 am

I really am having a hard time this year probably the usual stuff pjs, cookbooks, and cannot think of much else. My husband usually gets me a surprise gift along with the others but he is even stumped (or so he says). I asked for a nap and by nap I mean no waking up until I am good and ready...no deadline to be at an activity just a long long long nap.

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:30 am

mechimpaired wrote:I really am having a hard time this year probably the usual stuff pjs, cookbooks, and cannot think of much else. My husband usually gets me a surprise gift along with the others but he is even stumped (or so he says). I asked for a nap and by nap I mean no waking up until I am good and ready...no deadline to be at an activity just a long long long nap.

A nap undisturbed sounds great. We all need that.

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 am

My wife and I got each other new tablets this year. I told her a few things I wanted, a new circular saw, an OTA antenna for the house so I can watch "local" news that actually covers local stories, rather than politics. (There's a station in GSO that has our local news).
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 am

I bought my own gift this year....kindle paperwhite. My hubby is usually a last minute shopper and doesn't always catch on to the hints I drop him or LEAVE on the computer screen for days. That's really what I wanted and knew when I saw in stock I better get it while I can. Last year I wanted a fire but since he shops so late he couldn't find one and he said after I bought the kindle paper white he was planning to buy me a tablet which I dont need since the kids are getting them this year so it was good I went ahead and bougth it last week. I'm really excited about it and ya know it's about to drive me crazy saving it for Christmas day.

lil_Jean
Black Friday Pro

Postby lil_Jean » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 am

pandora beads from the kids. i have a bracelet of beads theyve picked out for me and i love it!

i usually just ask for things that everyone can use. ps3 remotes. blankets. movies. streaming box. blu ray player. you get the idea.
The BFAds Oath: On my honour I promise that I will do my best to do my duty to bfads, and to the members of its forum to cause lots of trouble, keeping its admin on their toes, and to the live by its Mischievous Law.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Mine changes from day to day LOL

Right now... a different vehicle! My SUV is such a headache...omg...

I'd love to have the barn additions finished AND the mud pitt around the gate fixed.

Another day I just want a shopping spree and massage :lol:

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 pm

i came here expecting some naughty :roll:

Return to “Off Topic”