Re: December Birthdays!!

Postby GinaBeana87 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Happy Birthday!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 pm

happy birthday to all other december bdays! :D

for my bday present to myself i'm taking 2 weeks and 1 day off work - starting on my bday.
due to all the holiday days we get off i can take off 2 weeks and only use a week of vacation :)

although i guess i am going in on the 2nd - so that i had 1 day of vacation to use going into next year.

but if i get a new job that i'm currently interviewing for it will blow that entire plan out of the water....

Vols44
Black Friday Pro

Postby Vols44 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:46 am

I know of a co-worker born on the 25th. She gets a cake and all the usual things the Saturday before so it seems like two celebrations a year. I wonder how people born on February 29th feel.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:49 am

Vols44 wrote:I know of a co-worker born on the 25th. She gets a cake and all the usual things the Saturday before so it seems like two celebrations a year. I wonder how people born on February 29th feel.

i get screwed enough having a bday on the 21st. friends usually aren't around..... birthday is usually combined with xmas...and i'm normally traveling to my xmas destination.

BUT NOT THIS YEAR! i'm practically forcing all of my friends to stay in town since it's a Friday - told my parents I wasn't traveling Friday OR Saturday (but now I am leaving Saturday afternoon).

My bday is on a friday.... i'm turning 30... it's the end of the world.... ITS MY FREAKING DAY. lol
yes i'm being very selfish this year.

i think last year i hung out in airports for my bday. but then i got dinner at a super delicious restaurant when my parents picked me up :)

Bexx
Black Friday Pro

Postby Bexx » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 pm

I always got the "combined gift" as a kid. Being 3 days after christmas they thought it was ok that way.

My mom had a birthday party for me in July one year. IT was awesome, I still remember it.

I will be 40 this year......YIKES~!

chaddenise
Black Friday Pro

Postby chaddenise » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

39 on the first...not looking forward to the big 4 0!

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 pm

my son was due on 12-25 but doc let me have him a week early so I'll have an official teenager on 12-18.

he has started getting the combined gifts which I politely (or not so) tell folks that he has a birthday just like everyone else!!! We have a hard time getting kids together for birthday parties so try to do it at least 2 weeks ahead.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:50 pm

tinytim35 wrote:my son was due on 12-25 but doc let me have him a week early so I'll have an official teenager on 12-18.

he has started getting the combined gifts which I politely (or not so) tell folks that he has a birthday just like everyone else!!! We have a hard time getting kids together for birthday parties so try to do it at least 2 weeks ahead.

i can't remember the last time i had a bday 'party' actually ON my bday.. or even the weekend near it... because it's so close to xmas. which makes this year even more exciting lol

also like to mention that my bday (the 21st) is the 'shortest day of the year' and the first day of winter :D

cpatrick2202
Black Friday Pro

Postby cpatrick2202 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Because my Bday sucked my whole life...being 5 days after Xmas..everyone was broke...LOL; with my daughter's bday on the 12th (she was actually due on the 25th)...I make a bid deal out of nobody being allowed to combine a present. Her Bday is her Bday...not part of Xmas!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:15 pm

cpatrick2202 wrote:Because my Bday sucked my whole life...being 5 days after Xmas..everyone was broke...LOL; with my daughter's bday on the 12th (she was actually due on the 25th)...I make a bid deal out of nobody being allowed to combine a present. Her Bday is her Bday...not part of Xmas!

oh man that does suck!! much worse than having it 4 days before. at least during mine people are still in the gift buying mood lol

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:08 pm

we are even weirder....my moms is 12-25.

We have Christmas on Christmas EVE and do everything but Santa and then on 12-25 after the santa stuff is taken care of, then in the afternoon we have like a spaghetti dinner or something that she likes and have a full on birthday party....
she never had one ever until my sister and i threw one when i was like 10.

but because of that, I am paranoid about sawyers being seperate....his is the 22.

i have to say though I have asked my parents to combine gifts a few times...they give us a set $ figure for Christmas and for each of our birthdays....its helped us do some great stuff over the last 10 years....lol

steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:48 pm

steffj89 wrote:we are even weirder....my moms is 12-25.

We have Christmas on Christmas EVE and do everything but Santa and then on 12-25 after the santa stuff is taken care of, then in the afternoon we have like a spaghetti dinner or something that she likes and have a full on birthday party....
she never had one ever until my sister and i threw one when i was like 10.

but because of that, I am paranoid about sawyers being seperate....his is the 22.

i have to say though I have asked my parents to combine gifts a few times...they give us a set $ figure for Christmas and for each of our birthdays....its helped us do some great stuff over the last 10 years....lol

steff

oh yea, combining of the xmas and bday money comes in handy A LOT! ;)
that is the one nice thing about having them so close together.

my grandma's bday is on the 25th also!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:03 pm

lovebf wrote:
john.daggett wrote:Mines Dec 20. Happy birthday all!

John! How did you get missed!? I will add you now, sorry :(

LOL more importantly how did you get all these peoples birthdays....!? And Awe Shux

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:06 pm

and ah yes. the combo deal. That really sucks doesn't it? But hey, people capitalize on anything to save green.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 pm

john.daggett wrote:
lovebf wrote:
john.daggett wrote:Mines Dec 20. Happy birthday all!

John! How did you get missed!? I will add you now, sorry :(

LOL more importantly how did you get all these peoples birthdays....!? And Awe Shux

you must have snuck out early last year. a thread was made at the end of the BF season asking for everyone's birthday ;)

Return to “Off Topic”