Live Reports

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

El Zorro
Black Friday Pro

Live Reports

Postby El Zorro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm at Wal-Mart near Xbox 360 games. 90 mins away from sales going live. I'd say traffic is half way busy.. Traffic is picking up here but busiest appears to be household items. Good luck! Prepare for glory!

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Re: Live Reports

Postby bfshoppermom » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Our Walmart was insane for toys at 8:00. Stock was almost non existant for most items. The "bypass" the associates began about 11 minutes until 8 when everything got ripped into. I had partnered up with a guy near me. I grabbed for him and he grabbed for me and then we sorted out what we grabbed. We both ended up with exactly what we wanted.

But a lot of older folks were very upset. They wanted everyone to stand in line for each pallet...lol! They were angry when I wouldn't go where they were directing me to stand.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 pm

I took my 11yo son with me as he'd been begging all year to go LOL
Went to Walmart, got there about 6:30pm <Lexington, KY northside>, wasn't too bad, found everything I'd come after except young girls jeans, never did see those.
We were done by about 7 or so, and they started checking people out about 7:30pm, so we were in line about 10 mins :wink:

Went to Kmart <southeast>, knew it was going to be a madhouse, never seen the lot so full b4.
Spent about an hour and a half shopping/looking around, and about an hour in line waiting to check out.

Some people were saying that Sears had passed all the tickets for doorbusters out 2 1/2 hours before opening time, and people who were lined up didn't even know until right before opening...
Also said that Target had a LONG line wrapping around the building - they said they'd never seen the lines so long before.

Me...I'm done for tonight, exhausted since I had to get up at 4:30am lol I thought about doing JCP tomorrow, but might sleep in :lol:

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:20 am

azerigold wrote:I took my 11yo son with me as he'd been begging all year to go LOL
Went to Walmart, got there about 6:30pm <Lexington, KY northside>, wasn't too bad, found everything I'd come after except young girls jeans, never did see those.
We were done by about 7 or so, and they started checking people out about 7:30pm, so we were in line about 10 mins :wink:

Went to Kmart <southeast>, knew it was going to be a madhouse, never seen the lot so full b4.
Spent about an hour and a half shopping/looking around, and about an hour in line waiting to check out.

Some people were saying that Sears had passed all the tickets for doorbusters out 2 1/2 hours before opening time, and people who were lined up didn't even know until right before opening...
Also said that Target had a LONG line wrapping around the building - they said they'd never seen the lines so long before.

Me...I'm done for tonight, exhausted since I had to get up at 4:30am lol I thought about doing JCP tomorrow, but might sleep in :lol:

So did your son regret begging to go?

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:39 am

jeanerz13 wrote:
azerigold wrote:I took my 11yo son with me as he'd been begging all year to go LOL

So did your son regret begging to go?

LOL yep he regrets it, haha. Poor kid, he had fun,but I don't think it was what he thought it would be.....meaning me...buying his Christmas presents with him there :lol: He did get a t-shirt and new bedding set out of it though, so he really can't complain too much. I asked him if he was going to go next year and he said maybe, he'd have to bring an electronic gadget with him to keep him entertained LOL

Return to “Off Topic”