is BF changing?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

is BF changing?

Postby headbanger783 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:33 pm

I took a quick drive around town since Im at work tonight....The outlet center is packed with people waiting for an 8pm opening. The best buy had maybe 50 people in line, target 4! and toys r us maybe 5...this isnt a "rural" area either...Ive never seen it so dead before...

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Re: is BF changing?

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 pm

wait so there were more ppl previous years? im confused.

headbanger783
Black Friday Pro

Postby headbanger783 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:50 pm

the outlets were packed but the regular bf hot spots are dead....no one around except the crickets..and they're cold

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:55 pm

I noticed the same thing here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=25101 Black Friday is DEAD.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Pretty much the same in my town as it always is. We have Walmart, Target, Sears, Lowe's, and Home Depot. Walmart was a mob by 7:00 tonight. Crazy. All went wild about 10 minutes to 8 in the toy department. The associates had no control. I heard to line for the movies/video games was over 100 people long - I never made it over to that area.

I hit Walmart and then Target. Got more than half of what I "wanted" but didn't have any "must haves" so I wasn't too crazy about it.

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:49 pm

I also noticed this. On the way to Walmart we drive part BB, and usually they have people wrapped around the building. This year they just went around the first corner. That is nothing at all and traffic didn't seem to be as bad either. Then inside Walmart- yes it was crowded, but not at all like the previous two years. I didn't have to fight any crowds to get my items. There was a long line for the 24" TV for $78- the line was wrapped around the aisles but they had plenty for everyone.

guitarist19862005
Black Friday Pro

Postby guitarist19862005 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:12 pm

I like to think it's changing more due to the online presence. There's no need to get out and fight the cold and crowds when the majority of items are available for purchase online.

bigtate
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigtate » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Still pretty crazy in my neck of the woods. Walmart was pretty wild. We went near the Toys R Us, and 2 hours after opening there was still a line wrapped around the building with people trying to get in. After finally losing my 1 good Walmart to shrink wrap (they used to just let you have everything in your buggy ahead of time), I think I'm out on WM on BF next year. Amazon had almost all of the same prices anyway.

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Don't try to go to Lexington, Ky then it is definately far from dead. It was actually worse than any other year at most places around here. However, TRU was less crowded when we were there than prior BF's.(<11 pm)

BF364
Black Friday Pro

Postby BF364 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Well since I got dragged out late on BF I noticed parking lots here were full all afternoon but once you got inside the stores people weren't buying that much extra in the way of gifts and BF deals (i.e. every place I went to, the stores still seemed to have most of their doorbusters in stock)

I live in a pretty rural area so for a lot of people Wal-Mart and Tractor Supply are going to be the only games for miles around. The nearby smallish cities with small colleges & universities have more shopping choices but I just didn't feel that people were super gung-ho on getting their deals. The employees said the early bird waves were done 30-45 minutes after their stores opened and the foot traffic was steady but not all that different from any other non-holiday weekend.

We were told that one Lowes had a set a $350K sales goal for today and was at $210K at noon so we'll see if they make their hoped-for number.

It definitely feels like a different BF than it has been in the past but I'm struggling to put my finger on just how & why it seems different.

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm

walmart was packed around the pallets. kohls was lined up out the door but it was because they were letting a few folks in at a time. sams was the same way.

Even a line at the Sprint store to snag the Galaxy SIII. I got one!

Return to “Off Topic”