Which TV/ Wait Time?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

LeGaCyGiAnT124
Black Friday Newbie

Which TV/ Wait Time?

Postby LeGaCyGiAnT124 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 am

I was thinking about either the Toshiba 40" 1080p at Best Buy for $179.99, or the 40" Emerson 1080p at Walmart for $198.00. When do you guys think would be a good time to get in line at? I have two Thanksgiving dinners to go to at 2 and 4, so I am not sure which to try. I know my chances are small at this point to get these items, but which line would be better to jump in?

Hopefully not many people are camping/waiting at this time due to Thanksgiving feasts.

Let me know your opinions. Thanks.

-Brandon

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: Which TV/ Wait Time?

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:12 am

for the Toshiba I would get in line NOW. It is an awesome tv for that price. Ours is a 2 y.o version of this one. LOVE it!!!

If we had anywhere to even put another tv I would be waiting in line for this.
Steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

LeGaCyGiAnT124
Black Friday Newbie

Postby LeGaCyGiAnT124 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:21 am

How many TVs in stock do you think they will honestly have at one individual store? I am going to see if I can switch on and off with someone just so we atleast get to spend a little bit of time with our families. Is Toshiba a decent TV? We have a Sony Bravia now and love it! Have had it for three years, but also paid $800 for it! This TV will be for our bedroom since our old TV took a crap on us. Wouldn't be able to start waiting until later this evening. Is it worth the wait for saving $240 when you may have to wait 24 hours?

What to do what to do...

LeGaCyGiAnT124
Black Friday Newbie

Postby LeGaCyGiAnT124 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:26 am

Are you allowed to bring whatever into the lines? Can't say I have ever really Black Friday shopped. If I was to camp/wait, I would keep myself entertained. Bring corn hole boards, chairs, propane heater, monopoly, table, chairs, ect. It would be a good time. Hell, I may even bring a grille and a cooler full of food just to enjoy it! Do they have any rules to anything above that I have mentioned? If so, that would take the fun out of it for me...

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:41 am

I bought a version of this Toshiba 2 years ago on their 2day sale. I absolutely LOVE this tv. We have not had an ounce of trouble with it and color is very sharp

It got rave reviews when I bought it...I paid 400 then.

as for being in line...we took games, laptops, dvd players etc...
steff
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:33 pm

you don't have a chance in hell for the best buy TV if you have to go to a dinner at 4:00 tomorrow.

teknoge3k
Forum geek

Postby teknoge3k » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:38 pm

bfaddict wrote:you don't have a chance in hell for the best buy TV if you have to go to a dinner at 4:00 tomorrow.

I completely agree!!! I will be in line at Walmart at 4:00 tomorrow for the 8pm stuff. That's small stuff, at Walmart, and I live in the country and am going to a country Walmart. If you want to go to Best Buy for a cheap TV and you're not already in line, then I am afraid you've missed the bus already on that deal. 4pm the line will probably have 100-200+ people in it. (all depends on where you live)
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Oh I feel like Walmart will be a war zone this year. :?

Everyone is right, people have already started camping out at best buy and if you aren't there you have missed out.

Kento87
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kento87 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Im hoping 3am is early enough tomorrow for our Kmart.

Return to “Off Topic”