Vacuums

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Re: Vacuums

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:18 pm

steffj89 wrote:yes, but it will make you other vacuum feel like those old push roller brooms. This is BAR NONE the best vacuum I have ever EVER used. No way to get stuff stuck because each section of the hose can be removed easily, sucks like there is NO TOMORROW, easily turns, comes apart and goes back together with ease....the cannister is not heavy so can lift it off and do curtains, stairs, fan blades....I will never own another brand after this one....

Same here I'll never buy another brand. This is such a great product.

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

john.daggett wrote:
steffj89 wrote:yes, but it will make you other vacuum feel like those old push roller brooms. This is BAR NONE the best vacuum I have ever EVER used. No way to get stuff stuck because each section of the hose can be removed easily, sucks like there is NO TOMORROW, easily turns, comes apart and goes back together with ease....the cannister is not heavy so can lift it off and do curtains, stairs, fan blades....I will never own another brand after this one....

Me three, this is the brand for me :D

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:51 pm

inthedark wrote:
john.daggett wrote:

Me three, this is the brand for me :D

Oh yeah and forgot to mention this one has lasted almost a year which in this house is a RECORD. I had gotten irritated with ruining 100-200$ vac every 6 mos I started just buying those $30-40 ones at wal mart, but was having to do them about every 4 months.
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Yeah... I'm not much of a housekeeper... I vacuum like 2 times a year (maybe 3 but probably not) I'm sure there are plenty of you out there disgusted by that but whatever. I don't vacuum every week so I don't feel like I can justify spending $100+ on a vacuum that probably only gets used once every 6 months. I bought an upright from Wal-Mart last year because my previous upright (which I had for probably 6 years) was starting to smell burnt when I vacuumed (probably just needed a new belt). I don't really want to spend more than around $40. If I can't find something decent in my price range I'll just stick to doing the stairs the hard way.

I'll keep the Shark Navigator comments in mind though for when I eventually have to replace my current upright. Looked like the standard Navigator was more in my price range than the Lift Away.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:03 pm

jeanerz....i get it...always hated to...i actually like using this one and use it enough more that i can tell a difference....LOL but the lift away feature is the really important part....

that said, for what you are describing one of the 10-12 $ stick vacs would probably be fine. we have one in the travel trailer and it does ok, its totally suitable for that purpose.

Steff
steffsbags@ymail.com

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks Steff :) I finally vacuumed about a week or two ago and I could definitely tell a difference in the carpet... I was a little disturbed by how clean it is now... but I don't think that's going to make me want to start vacuuming more often :P

luv2cdolfinz
Black Friday Pro

Postby luv2cdolfinz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:02 am

jeanerz13 wrote:For the stick vacuums, where does the dirt go? I mean, is there a canister to empty or do you buy bags or does it vary?

The dirt on those stick vacuums goes into a cup-like canister. I bought it solely for vacuuming up stray litter around my cat's litter box. It didn't even manage to suck the litter up off of the hard floor. I was glad I paid so little for it.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:08 am

luv2cdolfinz wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:For the stick vacuums, where does the dirt go? I mean, is there a canister to empty or do you buy bags or does it vary?

The dirt on those stick vacuums goes into a cup-like canister. I bought it solely for vacuuming up stray litter around my cat's litter box. It didn't even manage to suck the litter up off of the hard floor. I was glad I paid so little for it.

Had you tried it on carpet at all to see if it works better on carpet than bare floor?

I'm thinking I might try one of the cheapo stick vacs and if it doesn't do anything on my stairs I'll return it b/c walmart will take pretty much anything in returns. And if for some reason they don't want to take it back I wouldn't have lost much on it.

luv2cdolfinz
Black Friday Pro

Postby luv2cdolfinz » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:50 am

jeanerz13 wrote:Had you tried it on carpet at all to see if it works better on carpet than bare floor?

I'm thinking I might try one of the cheapo stick vacs and if it doesn't do anything on my stairs I'll return it b/c walmart will take pretty much anything in returns. And if for some reason they don't want to take it back I wouldn't have lost much on it.

I didn't try it on actual carpet. Just a runner that was in my laundry room. It was low pile. It worked a little better on that. I can't speak for how it would work on actual carpet though. It's worth a shot. Mine was two years ago, they may have improved.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 am

jeanerz....i bought two of the ones that were like 10$ in 08(cause I was preg....i remember this idiocy) we stuck one in the trailer...still works well and one in kids room....my kids could kill the TAJ MAHAL Theirs died after about 6 mos. but Chris still uses the one in the trailer...we have about 20 sq feet in there to keep vacuumed including the stairs. It works fine...it does pick up decent, mostly for "quickie" clean ups.
Steff
steffsbags@ymail.com

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:58 am

good to know. thanks!

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:40 pm

Argh I'm sad that the home depot 98$ navigator is what they are currently selling for.

Return to “Off Topic”