Vacuums

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Vacuums

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 am

I was considering getting another vacuum to make cleaning the stairs easier. What's the best kind of vacuum for this? I was thinking either one of the canister vacuums with the long stick handles or just a handheld vacuum. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on it since I wouldn't be using it often. I'm just tired of trying to lug my standard vacuum up each stair (when the base doesn't really even fit on a step).

Edit: Just saw the Eureka 3-in-one stick vac in the walmart ad for 8.84. Anyone have anything to say about these?

luv2cdolfinz
Black Friday Pro

Re: Vacuums

Postby luv2cdolfinz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:53 am

jeanerz13 wrote:Edit: Just saw the Eureka 3-in-one stick vac in the walmart ad for 8.84. Anyone have anything to say about these?

I bought one of those two years ago... piece of junk. Put the $8.84 toward something better for sure.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:00 am

luv2cdolfinz wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:Edit: Just saw the Eureka 3-in-one stick vac in the walmart ad for 8.84. Anyone have anything to say about these?

I bought one of those two years ago... piece of junk. Put the $8.84 toward something better for sure.

Would another (not Eureka) stick vacuum be good or is the style in general pretty useless?

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:10 am

All the stick vacuums I have had usually fall apart. When it comes to stairs I just use my attachment on my dyson. Maybe a nice hand held?

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:23 am

I have a shark navigator that dissassembles easily. Love it
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 am

steffj89 wrote:I have a shark navigator that dissassembles easily. Love it

Are they not the greatest, I just love my navigator :D

sportymonkey
Black Friday Pro

Postby sportymonkey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:46 am

jeanerz13 wrote:I was considering getting another vacuum to make cleaning the stairs easier. What's the best kind of vacuum for this? I was thinking either one of the canister vacuums with the long stick handles or just a handheld vacuum. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on it since I wouldn't be using it often. I'm just tired of trying to lug my standard vacuum up each stair (when the base doesn't really even fit on a step).

Edit: Just saw the Eureka 3-in-one stick vac in the walmart ad for 8.84. Anyone have anything to say about these?

Hmm that's sad. I gave one to my cousin when she got her 1st apt and its still holding up. I personally love my dyson and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I have the original yellow one, the attachments are excellent for stairs and little crevices. Things in hiding have never stood a chance.

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Stick vacuums are usually not worth it, unless there's a particular reason why you need your vacuum to be so light and small.

It seems like a waste to buy another vacuum just for stairs. Can you just find a small, empty box the same rise height and tread width of your stairs and use it to make a portable, temporary platform double the width of your stairs for your existing vacuum to sit upon?

(Otherwise, I'd recommend a cheap upright.)

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:36 pm

inthedark wrote:
steffj89 wrote:I have a shark navigator that dissassembles easily. Love it

Are they not the greatest, I just love my navigator :D

BEST VACUUM EVER. I'm Buying another one this year cause my ex took the one I had. That vacuum really sucks! Literally, Dyson vacuum for a fraction of the price.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm

I don't really want to get another upright. That's what I have now that isn't working for me. If anything I'd want to get an attachment for it but I wouldn't know where to begin looking.

For the stick vacuums, where does the dirt go? I mean, is there a canister to empty or do you buy bags or does it vary?

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Have you considered the shark navigator lift away version? It's supposed to be for stairs i think

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:47 pm

john.daggett wrote:Have you considered the shark navigator lift away version? It's supposed to be for stairs i think

Is it in one of the ads? How much is it?

john.daggett
Black Friday Pro

Postby john.daggett » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:49 pm

jeanerz13 wrote:
john.daggett wrote:Have you considered the shark navigator lift away version? It's supposed to be for stairs i think

Thought I saw it. The price is lower 100 dollar range. It's pretty neat it's like a convertible.

jeanerz13
Black Friday Pro

Postby jeanerz13 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 pm

john.daggett wrote:
jeanerz13 wrote:

Thought I saw it. The price is lower 100 dollar range. It's pretty neat it's like a convertible.

Oh that's more than I wanted to spend :/

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:13 pm

yes, but it will make you other vacuum feel like those old push roller brooms. This is BAR NONE the best vacuum I have ever EVER used. No way to get stuff stuck because each section of the hose can be removed easily, sucks like there is NO TOMORROW, easily turns, comes apart and goes back together with ease....the cannister is not heavy so can lift it off and do curtains, stairs, fan blades....I will never own another brand after this one....
www.myinitials-inc.com/steffsbags/
steffsbags@ymail.com
Because there's only one You!!

Return to “Off Topic”