** WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT 2013 ** - Post here your progress

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

** WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT 2013 ** - Post here your progress

Postby XmasDVD » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:21 am

HAPPY 2012 Everyone!

If no one minds doing it, let's use this thread to monitor our weight loss and support each other throughout the year!
It'll make it more fun with people supporting each other.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: ** WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT 2012 ** - Post here your progress

Postby steffj89 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:42 am

Im here and ready to do something, just have to figure out what...lol
steff

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:54 am

This thread helped me a couple years ago, but I am sorry to say I did not keep up with it and gained back all I lost and a couple more. :shock:
I am hoping to remain strong this time. :(

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:56 am

oh...meant to post I am starting @ 227 this year. down 10 from where I started last year, but looking to get serious and drop a minimum of 50 this year.
Steff

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:45 am

i haven't officially weighed myself yet.... 2 years ago i was at 175 which was my heaviest ever. I managed to lose about 15 and gained about 5 back and maintained that until recently.
I had to mail a package so i used my bathroom scale to weigh it (i weigh myself with the package and without it to find the different in the package weight lol) and at that point i was at 170. granted that was fairly later in the day and i know you gain weight during the day. i normally weigh myself first thing in the morning.

i'll probably give myself a week and see where i stand! I like to weigh myself on wednesdays. it seems like a good day to come off my weekend eating and lets my body settle.

i don't really care how much i lose. when i lost 15 pound a couple years ago I just felt SO great. I just want to get back to feeling good again.

although ideally i'd love to lose 40 pounds but that may be a far away dream lol

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:43 am

I exercised for 20 minutes this morning. Think that's about all I'll be able to do til I get some of this weight off, but it will be more if I do a little wii some nights. I posted in the other thread I have gained 18 pounds since July, so I have 50 I would like to lose. I don't plan on stepping on the scales again for awhile, just upset me too bad the other day so I would rather wait when I know I'll see a lower number. Yesterday I started the exercise and no more regular sugar in my cups of coffee, not sure why i started back to that months ago and today starts getting the water in everyday so far over 20 oz down.

I just hope I can stick to it. I'm really going to have to force myself everyday and not use excuses even though I have some good ones. It's hard to get that mind set and it stay.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 am

any exercise is better than no exercise :D
20 min is really good to start out with!

i REALLY love food - thats my issue. and it's not only that i love food.. but i love the stuff you add to food.. any and all condiments. if i can load something up with a condiment it's just that much better.
i hate plain lettuce so i load my salads with dressing (although when i use a balsamic dressing i don't feel AS bad), i hate plain potatoes so those get loaded up with ranch dressing (or sour cream - whatever i can do to mask the flavor of a plain potato lol). plain bread? yuck. it needs to have butter.. or be dipped in something... a sandwich needs a bunch of miracle whip or mayo...
and raw veggies? forget about it. gross lol

i'm pretty sure i'm doomed lol

cddd
Black Friday Pro

Postby cddd » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:08 pm

I'm here and I've been doing pretty good for the last week. I have completely given up ALL cokes...diet and all. I have ONE cup of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day I have water. I did have unsweetened tea last night with one sweetener in it.

I'm doing a low carb, low sugar, and low fat cooking. I'm eating only lean meats (chicken, fish, lean pork).

I've tried and tried and tried and tried to "diet" for several years now...but have failed. I almost didn't want to even try again....I didn't even want to tell anyone that I was going to give it another try because I've failed so many other times....but, I'm not going to just "try" this time. I'm doing it. My only other choice is to be fat, sick, miserable, then die. Something in me feels different this time, though. I've had enough... I'm so tired of being bossed around by food!!!! I've let stupid cookie or big mac keep me from enjoying life! It's stupid and it's not worth it! Being fat sucks!!!! And I'm the only one who can do something about it...I'm not going to let another year going by of me wishing I had stuck with it last year! I'm doing it :-)

I'm so happy about the way I'm feeling after only one week of making better choices!

Congrats to everyone else here too :-) We CAN do it!

inthedark
Black Friday Pro

Postby inthedark » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:36 pm

YES we can do it cdd and we are here to help each other!!!

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:05 pm

i did 2.5 miles. i can tell i'm totally into doing this now. i tried to get on the treadmill a few months ago and i could barely keep myself on there for a mile i got so bored and was over it. tonight i would have went long but i was feeling woozy lol

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:15 am

I was doing good with food today until after dinner I found the kids candy for their stockings that I had misplaced before Christmas and had to run out and rebuy. It was in one of those places that I usually would check over and over, not sure why I missed it really thought it had gotten thrown out somehow but not it was there all along. Finally told my daughter to take it away from me and to either throw it all in the trash or take it to school and give to her friends.

Loving your attitude, cddd. We can do this!

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 am

Yes we can do this!

This is the 3rd year of this thread - it has been popular since 2010.
I look forward to starting it and getting to support and be supported by others!

Our insurance company/work place has a goal for each employee on weight loss/gain and you have to meet your goal by July 2012 to receive good benefits on our insurance.

I'll be looking for support from now until then (and beyond)
As I always say here...

DRINK LOTS OF WATER!

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:30 am

went from 170-174 in summer to 159-164 (my weight varies alot). but one change i notice is my core area is the slimmest its ever been i always had a little beer belly but i guess core exercises and 3-7 mile runs every other day helped also a wayyy lighter diet :mrgreen: work hard and dont give up guys!!! my goal is 160 but toned (no belly fat) not there yet but trying!!!

some ab workouts that actually work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2oLBw1cN9g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdBch3Jazhw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnu0ZomZgBY

these are painful (lol never got that much easier though) but very doable and effective... if you are training core. The thing that is hindering my progress is beer though :|

Debs1973
Black Friday Pro

Postby Debs1973 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:48 am

cddd wrote:I'm here and I've been doing pretty good for the last week. I have completely given up ALL cokes...diet and all. I have ONE cup of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day I have water. I did have unsweetened tea last night with one sweetener in it.

I'm doing a low carb, low sugar, and low fat cooking. I'm eating only lean meats (chicken, fish, lean pork).

I've tried and tried and tried and tried to "diet" for several years now...but have failed. I almost didn't want to even try again....I didn't even want to tell anyone that I was going to give it another try because I've failed so many other times....but, I'm not going to just "try" this time. I'm doing it. My only other choice is to be fat, sick, miserable, then die. Something in me feels different this time, though. I've had enough... I'm so tired of being bossed around by food!!!! I've let stupid cookie or big mac keep me from enjoying life! It's stupid and it's not worth it! Being fat sucks!!!! And I'm the only one who can do something about it...I'm not going to let another year going by of me wishing I had stuck with it last year! I'm doing it :-)

I'm so happy about the way I'm feeling after only one week of making better choices!

Congrats to everyone else here too :-) We CAN do it!

You practically read my mind, this is exactly how i feel I am also just going low fat, low Carb, lean meat and counting every single calorie (there's an App for that lol) my youngest son is 13 and he is starting to gain weight and he is doing it along with me it's been barely a week and he is reading labels on everything.

schafferfamily5
Black Friday Pro

Postby schafferfamily5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:57 pm

After reading everyone post on here I feel like I can do this. My wt. is 193.
I would like to lose at least 35 pds. I started yesterday with the treadmill for
30 min. I find for myself - watching TV helps pass the time.

Return to “Off Topic”