2011 "Returning" Thread lol

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Re: 2011 "Returning" Thread lol

Postby nikkigirl01 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:07 am

Home from Walmart and Target...

Walmart was VERY successful. I had my cart loaded by 9. Waited to check out till they finally allowed us at 955, and was back in the car and off to Target by 10:05. Was about 200th in line at target but got everything I needed and checkout was organized and fast as hell.

Now I am going to eat something because I am starving, and hand out till around 4, when I will go to Kmart...

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:51 am

didn't see this thread - lol

just got home shortly after 2:30. i'm also hungry. my friend talked about going to go get something to eat but i think she forgot lol. but oh well. she has a 30-40 min drive home.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:53 am

we got to walmart around 9 and were out by 10:30 - they were being REALLY strict with the dvds.
went to target and stood in line... good to know i can get there a little over an hour before open and they will have a TON of tvs left (if i ever want one lol). we were in and out real fast there.
then headed to kohls where we stayed in line the longest (about an hour). then over to younkers where the most time consuming thing was trying to find the items my friend wanted to get.

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:18 am

Had a pretty good Black friday! Lined up at Target at 10PM. Target did an awesome job as always. Got everything I wanted...out by 12:40! Went over to Walmart. What a madhouse! Had to ask 3 workers where the GPS was! The first 2 said they didn't know. :shock: Found out they were gone. Found one someone abandoned! SCORE! Took about half an hour to check out. Got everything I wanted. :D Got home around 2AM.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:07 am

I am the only person standing at home depot who doesn't work here. They have coffee, hot chic, and donuts...lol
I've been to target.old navy and wal mart. Only thing I am still looking for is stupid....cool pillow thing and its safe to say I have lived this long without it I wont die tonight

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:35 am

I got home about an hour ago from Kmart. There were a TON of people there this year waiting when I got there - a lot for our small town anyway, at 4:45am there were about 30 people in line, and about 15-20 after I got there.

I didn't get the lego sets, but that's okay...
I DID save almost $200!!! :wink:

First I went to Electronics without a shopping cart to make things tough.
3rd in line there and got the Mario Kart Wii bundle and the Wii Go Vacation game. The Go Vacation game is on sale for $14.99 <normally $39.99>, and bundle is $49.99 - I used my $35 gaming coupon and only paid $31!

Then I got about $70 in clothing
Barbie Tawnie horse set for $15
2 Barbies for $5 each

2 Lalaloopsy toys that had advertised special sign but didn't ring up that way and I didn't notice it! Must have been ads they forgot to take down from yesterday perhaps? :(

High Pile blanket for $9.99 <sooo worth it, bought my husband one last year and we fight over it LOL>

It came to $122, so I gave her a $15 coupon good towards $50 or more purchase, and a 10% off coupon, and it brought my total to $106!

I NEVER shop on line, but I came home, and went on Amazon.com and ordered the Lalaloopsy treehouse for $34, and 2 of the little ninjago lego sets.

I'm broke now LOL Next week I hope to finish up my Christmas shopping :)

Overall I am pleased with my purchases so far.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:41 am

I am home....going to sleep will post later!

iamkristen
Black Friday Pro

Postby iamkristen » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:16 am

Went to PetSmart and World Market @ 7 A.M. NO BLANKETS at my local PetSmart :( :( :(.... THE item on my list... go figure lol. I did get the coffee cups I wanted from World Market.... Used my "remaining Black Friday Fund" (which has NEVER happened before) to fill up on gas and buy my brother breakfast.

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:37 am

Left for Walmart yesterday at 5:30 PM and except for a 2 hr stop home at 12:30 AM I am now home at 9:00 AM. Hubby and I are exhausted and ready to sleep. It was a very successful Black Friday. I was very disappointed with the ads this year, but I still managed to spend a lot of $$$.

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am

After 14 hours, with 13 stops at 10 different stores (Target and Best Buy twice), we are home. Got everything we were after plus a couple impulse buys.

No energy for anything else. Going to sleep. Good day. :mrgreen:

mrs.bigevv
Black Friday Pro

Postby mrs.bigevv » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:10 pm

We had a new Wal-Mart this year in Iowa City. I was very impressed on how organized they were. The best yet. The Wal-Mart I typically go to had the police show up. Same Wal-Mart back in 2005 that I ended up getting punched from a guy trying to take my laptop. I know where I will be shopping from now on BF @ Wal-Mart.

nprfool
Black Friday Pro

Postby nprfool » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Took a new tack this year, did a lot of online shopping, and skipped Target altogether. "Slept in" until 3am, got to JC Penney with the kid (in our matching bfads T-shirts!) by 3:45, just as they opened the doors for the 4am rush. In and out in 20 minutes, then managed to hit up all the remaining stores on our list when no one else was there - ToysRUs at 4:10 (only got Playmobil pirate ship), Fred Meyer at 5:00 (no line, bought socks, lego box, and a garden gnome and ate a free donut), Michaels at 6:10 (missed the small line but still got a free candy bar, and snagged an Ott light from the sale the day before for $17!!), Joann's across the way at 6:45 (skipped Half Price books at the mall because line as already over 100 people). Took a Mickey D's break with the kid, then off to Old Navy for $10 jeans and $5 T's, lost some time cruising the Pier 1 store and wishing I were made of money, then back to Fred Meyers for more socks, $2 Bendaroos, a couple of movies, and a few other small items.

Overall, it was a much slower, less spendy day, but still a lot of fun! I got everything on my wish list but a cheap train to go around the tree (saw two, but didn't like them). I just ate two slices of pie for lunch, and I'mm off for a long nap.

lovebf
Black Friday Pro

Postby lovebf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:56 pm

iamkristen wrote:For the first year EVER, I didn't have any "must haves" at any of the stores. I really had to make myself choose a few things to be excited about getting. I love Black Friday and I was one (of few) that actually liked the idea of the midnight openings, just meant that Black Friday started even earlier.

Since I didn't have any must haves, I figured I would PM from "here at there" at Walmart. Just got BACK. So totally NOT WORTH IT! It wasn't the "typical Black Friday chaos" that makes it "not worth it" for "normal" people. It was the opposite! It was too many normal people. This 10PM start time brought out EVERYONE, and they don't know how to get what they need and get on with it... they're blocking the aisles, contemplating purchases, catching up with all their old friends... it's just not the normal BF crowd. It wasn't too fun and so I just decided I wasn't going to stay there for 3 hours (or more) just to price match a few things... (I couldn't find the "exact" match on most of the things I wanted anyway.)

So, here I am... hoping to find a few things on Amazon or other online websites. We'll see! I am going back out around 5 to help my brother pick up a few things before he goes to work. Then I'll go to PetsMart and World Market for a couple of ACTUAL deals! :) Anyone else home already?

I had to LOL when I read you post. You nailed it perfectly!!
It just isn't Black Friday when it is Thursday.......

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:10 am

so i kinda went black friday shopping again tonight lol
i went to target to get some cat treats and wandered around to see what they had left. i ended up leaving with one $2 dvd, a couple packs of the $2 hand towels, king size plush blanket for $25 and my cat treats, which were on sale for 99 cents :)

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:33 am

back again. Took wife to return some shoes to JCPenneys and instead get a shirt for our daughter. Then we grabbed some Kohl's leftovers.

Return to “Off Topic”