2011 "Returning" Thread lol

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

iamkristen
Black Friday Pro

2011 "Returning" Thread lol

Postby iamkristen » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:48 pm

For the first year EVER, I didn't have any "must haves" at any of the stores. I really had to make myself choose a few things to be excited about getting. I love Black Friday and I was one (of few) that actually liked the idea of the midnight openings, just meant that Black Friday started even earlier.

Since I didn't have any must haves, I figured I would PM from "here at there" at Walmart. Just got BACK. So totally NOT WORTH IT! It wasn't the "typical Black Friday chaos" that makes it "not worth it" for "normal" people. It was the opposite! It was too many normal people. This 10PM start time brought out EVERYONE, and they don't know how to get what they need and get on with it... they're blocking the aisles, contemplating purchases, catching up with all their old friends... it's just not the normal BF crowd. It wasn't too fun and so I just decided I wasn't going to stay there for 3 hours (or more) just to price match a few things... (I couldn't find the "exact" match on most of the things I wanted anyway.)

So, here I am... hoping to find a few things on Amazon or other online websites. We'll see! I am going back out around 5 to help my brother pick up a few things before he goes to work. Then I'll go to PetsMart and World Market for a couple of ACTUAL deals! :) Anyone else home already?

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Re: 2011 "Returning" Thread lol

Postby bfshoppermom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:51 pm

I had redbox movies to return so did that at Walmart about 7 and walked the store. Wasn't excited about ad and wasn't any more excited walking around looking. I didn't go out for 10 o clock. Money is tight here - so don't have spare to buy just to buy. Will go to Target in a bit (but we got main item we wanted from there online this morning.)

What I am most looking forward to is Bealls Outlet. Anything with a dot is 70% off tomorrow and I have a Friday Club Card that is worth an additional 15% off.

Really a pretty mellow BF for me.

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Kristen I had the same problem here. Some old lady with a cart full of groceries actually asked us what we were lining up for :roll: The good thing was that check out was easy, as everyone else was busy wandering around and buying pie :D I didn't have any luck PM'ing things either.
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:15 pm

We're home from Walmart, it was overall a good experience, and my 12yo daughters first BF, she got tired, which I figured she would, but she had fun too :) She was a big help.

I have to laugh, cause I can sometimes be really bad about debating an item. Tonight we were debating Barbies LOL They had some over by toys, so we picked up one of each, then over by freezer dept they had different barbies. I wasn't buying more than 5, so we had to debate which ones to get.
My oldest will be 13 next week, then I have a 5yo daughter, and I have nieces who are all into Barbies, so it's kind of going to be a Barbie year LOL But I won't complain for $5 each :)

I'm heading back out to Kmart, planning to be there close to 5am. I am not after any big items though, but hoping to get a couple of Wii games since I have a $35 gaming coupon good only for BF, and some clothing and toy deals. Then I am broke until next week!

killasnake
Admin

Postby killasnake » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:17 pm

iamkristen wrote: So totally NOT WORTH IT! It wasn't the "typical Black Friday chaos" that makes it "not worth it" for "normal" people. It was the opposite! It was too many normal people. This 10PM start time brought out EVERYONE

I completely agree with you, having these early opening have invited "normal" people join in the Black Friday madness. It doesn't feel like Black Friday anymore, it feels like a normal night at Walmart. :?

iamkristen
Black Friday Pro

Postby iamkristen » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:38 pm

kenziekinz09 wrote:Kristen I had the same problem here. Some old lady with a cart full of groceries actually asked us what we were lining up for :roll: The good thing was that check out was easy, as everyone else was busy wandering around and buying pie :D I didn't have any luck PM'ing things either.

Well you seem pretty content which leads me to believe your BF has been a success!! Didn't you almost think about not going?! :)

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:44 pm

I got a waffle maker so I'm pretty happy. I wasn't going to go because of my work schedule, but I ended up getting today off. So I had a successful trip, but it definitely isn't the kind of black friday I'm used to.

iamkristen
Black Friday Pro

Postby iamkristen » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:50 pm

killasnake wrote:
iamkristen wrote: So totally NOT WORTH IT! It wasn't the "typical Black Friday chaos" that makes it "not worth it" for "normal" people. It was the opposite! It was too many normal people. This 10PM start time brought out EVERYONE

I completely agree with you, having these early opening have invited "normal" people join in the Black Friday madness. It doesn't feel like Black Friday anymore, it feels like a normal night at Walmart. :?

That's a great way to put it! I almost wonder if the timing had something to do with the less than impressive ads. Before, the deals were great because there had to be some kind of incentive to be there at that time of the night/(morning). Now, it's like so many people are willing to go to WalMart at 10P.M., deals don't have to be much of anything..... OR.... (my theory) is that all these people out today THINK these are the same types of "deals" we've been getting for years.

I have to officially say, I want the old BF back....

iamkristen
Black Friday Pro

Postby iamkristen » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:50 pm

kenziekinz09 wrote:I got a waffle maker so I'm pretty happy. I wasn't going to go because of my work schedule, but I ended up getting today off. So I had a successful trip, but it definitely isn't the kind of black friday I'm used to.

Aw, we'll I'm glad you got the waffle maker. Is that the only thing you got? I was just joking earlier about you saying you weren't going to go. :)

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:54 pm

iamkristen wrote:
kenziekinz09 wrote:I got a waffle maker so I'm pretty happy. I wasn't going to go because of my work schedule, but I ended up getting today off. So I had a successful trip, but it definitely isn't the kind of black friday I'm used to.

Aw, we'll I'm glad you got the waffle maker. Is that the only thing you got? I was just joking earlier about you saying you weren't going to go. :)

...I got 3. And 3 mini choppers. And a few movies, a candy land game for my toys for tots donation, and an impulse tupperware buy. I'll probably go to target in the morning to glean the leftover movies, I'm too tired to move right now.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:57 pm

I saw people with like 10 waffle makers in their carts LOL I picked up one for myself, since everyone I know has one.

I bought:
1 hoodie for each of my kids
2 pjs for my youngest daughter
a t-shirt and jeans for my youngest daughter
2 jeans for my son
Little People train set
5 barbies @ $5.00
$5 hotwheels
Boxer briefs for my son
a few non BF items that added upt o about $12.00 and I spent $122. Don't think I did too bad.

angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro

Postby angel_of_oz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Home for now. Headed back out a little after Midnight to hit gamestop I think.

Walmart was fun :D For myself I got two of the Scentsy type pots, and some of the Rubbermaid food containers. For my sister I got the waffle maker. For my friend we went to help we got the Rubbermaid food containers, two of the scentsy pots, the 3 crock pot thingie, the Hamilton Beach Mixer, some towels, the memory foam bath rug, and I'm not sure if she ended up getting a mattress topper or not.

Was back home by 10:27.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:16 am

I think I am going to take a nap and try to relax before going to Kmart!
Hoping after my husband gets off work we'll go to Jc Penney, even if he works all day, I don't mind waiting until he gets off work, no rush on that one.

fentrio
Black Friday Pro

Postby fentrio » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:42 am

Not really "returning" since I didn't actually leave but I wanted to somehow be part of Black Friday :lol:

I ended up not getting to go out this year, home with a virus and three kiddos with same virus. Convinced my husband to try to get my dang waffle maker for me though. He didn't leave till almost 11, pretty sure I won't be having waffles in the morning. Sitting here wishing there was at least something I want that I can get online.

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:48 am

I'm back from a too successful trip to Walmart. I didn't go after the memory cards or playstation games because I would still be there waiting in line & that would not have been worth it. My husband & I split up, he took one side & I took the other. Last year we could get purchases early & this year they were stationed like a hawk on the pallets. Even so I was able to get the jeans, pajamas, slippers & socks early so when I finished getting the other doorbusters I could have been first in one of the lines, but I had to wait on my hubby so I ended up 3rd. Not bad of a trip - I was out by 10:15PM. I WAS JUST AMAZED AT HOW CRAZY THESE PEOPLE WERE OVER THE $1.28 TOWELS.

Return to “Off Topic”