Oh I hope I can do this!!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

amyjam0807
Black Friday Pro

Oh I hope I can do this!!

Postby amyjam0807 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Im 7.5 months pregnant and Im really starting to slow down! lol My engery is quickly going by the wayside so Im not sure how Im going to stay up all night shopping! If it was a "normal" BF year when stores open at 5, or even 4am I would at least be able to sleep a few hours. But we are having Thanksgiving at my moms, 2 hours away!! We will eat lunch and hopefully make it back home by 4 or 5ish, maybe I can squeeze in a 2 hour nap before we have to get up and get in line at Target. Problem is, once we start it may be noon the next day before we get home because I plan on hitting the mall around 8 or 9 and that will be a mad house!! UGH!! I so hope I can pull this off, but going by how tired I am today Im starting to get real sad about it! :cry:

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Re: Oh I hope I can do this!!

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Take extra vitamins and drink lots of gatorade and juice, rather than like soda which gives you a quick boost but then saps energy. I was almost 8mos with Sawyer in 08. It was rough, but I took a break and got breakfast between the midnight stores and the morning stores...it was worth sleeping all day the next day....LOL
Steff

amyjam0807
Black Friday Pro

Postby amyjam0807 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:39 pm

steffj89 wrote:Take extra vitamins and drink lots of gatorade and juice, rather than like soda which gives you a quick boost but then saps energy. I was almost 8mos with Sawyer in 08. It was rough, but I took a break and got breakfast between the midnight stores and the morning stores...it was worth sleeping all day the next day....LOL
Steff

The crappy part is i'm gestional diabetic. So even though I wouldn't have caffenine anyways, I can't even drink juice or gatorade for that extra "pep". But Im determined! LOL I went today and bought several "diabetic" friendly snacks I can pack along and yes, we are planning on a "food" stop around 3 then again before the mall. SO Im trying to prepare as best I can. Im sure my bed will feel so good by the time I get home though! LOL

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:43 pm

I feel for you. I was always close but would pass the 3 hour....
It will all be good though. how about the vitamin water for energy one?

steff

amyjam0807
Black Friday Pro

Postby amyjam0807 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:50 pm

steffj89 wrote:I feel for you. I was always close but would pass the 3 hour....

steff

Thats a good thought!! I will check it out and see if it will "work" for me. Im considered boaderline. Its very easily managed with diet so its not too bad - I had it with my daughter too. I do wish, just for this night, I could pig out on all the snacks and junk to get me through! LOL

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:51 pm

amyjam0807 wrote:
steffj89 wrote:I feel for you. I was always close but would pass the 3 hour....

steff

Thats a good thought!! I will check it out and see if it will "work" for me. Im considered boaderline. Its very easily managed with diet so its not too bad - I had it with my daughter too. I do wish, just for this night, I could pig out on all the snacks and junk to get me through! LOL
I am pretty sure most of the vitamin waters, at least the vitamin water zero, has artificial sugars.

Good luck!
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Sobe Lifewater has a sugar free energy version that might work too... When I was pg with my youngest, my OB said it was safe to drink. (I was borderline GD as well.)

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:47 pm

maybe take a pillow and blanket so you can nap in the car if needed. give someone your list and make them shop for you :)

i'm only 28 and there's NO way i could start out at 8 pm and still be going by noon the next day. the last couple of years my friend and i were dead tired by 6 am and just done.

nprfool
Black Friday Pro

Postby nprfool » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:59 pm

You know, this might be heresy, but a one time, slight rise in blood sugar may not be all that terrible for you and the baby. Also, if you eat a solid amount of protein with the sweet item, such as nuts, dried jerky, or cheese, it does slow the sugar absorption.

I had GD with both, well managed by diet, but on my birthday, I sure as heck had a small slice of cake, with a lot of milk and protein to slow the blood sugar rise.

Good luck, and just write off this year as a less intense BF for you. I went into labor with my eldest on BF, so I did not make it out that time. My second child was two months old and not nursing well for BF that year, plus I was experiencing serious sleep deprivation, but still managed to get out for a few hours. I just wasn't hard-core that year ;)

amyjam0807
Black Friday Pro

Postby amyjam0807 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the tips and advise! Im sure I will be fine - hubby is going with me for the first time this year so Im looking forward to hanging out with him. We don't get much hang out time these days! lol I really wish it was shopping all night - just shopping early! Oh well, it will still be fun! :D

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:21 pm

My only advice really is just to take care of you and the baby, if you feel too exhausted, then don't push yourself to do more, even if you want to get more items. Definitely take as many 'off your feet' breaks as you can. If you can't hit all the stores you wanted to go to, oh well, there will always be another sale, and if not well health first, material items second. Stress on you cand affect your baby.

I definitely feel your pain, I was borderline GD with my oldest daughter, fine when pregnant with my son, and full fledge GD in my last pregnancy with my youngest daughter.
Definitely make sure your eating your snacks keeping your routine so you don't hit a low.
Take some fruit with you, unless your really on a 'strict' diet, then you can pretty much eat allt he fresh fruit you want.

Again, not sure I'd be trying to pull a long shopping trip like that unless you can truly get plenty of rest between stores. Don't push yourself too hard ;)

amyjam0807
Black Friday Pro

Postby amyjam0807 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:26 pm

azerigold wrote:My only advice really is just to take care of you and the baby, if you feel too exhausted, then don't push yourself to do more, even if you want to get more items. Definitely take as many 'off your feet' breaks as you can. If you can't hit all the stores you wanted to go to, oh well, there will always be another sale, and if not well health first, material items second. Stress on you cand affect your baby.

I definitely feel your pain, I was borderline GD with my oldest daughter, fine when pregnant with my son, and full fledge GD in my last pregnancy with my youngest daughter.
Definitely make sure your eating your snacks keeping your routine so you don't hit a low.
Take some fruit with you, unless your really on a 'strict' diet, then you can pretty much eat allt he fresh fruit you want.

Again, not sure I'd be trying to pull a long shopping trip like that unless you can truly get plenty of rest between stores. Don't push yourself too hard ;)

For sure if I start to get too wore out we will come home. The "plan" is to make it to the mall but if it doesn't happen that's fine too. We have some of the folding chairs with the footrest that we are planning on taking to Target while we sit and wait. Along with blankets and maybe a pillow! ;) It does make me feel better having hubby there because he knows me so well, and he will know too if its time to call it a "night" I told my dr my plan today and she said Im crazy - not because Im pregnant and going, just for going! lol But she said basically the same stuff, try to rest don't be on my feet "too" long, eat small snacks every couple of hours. So I do have her "blessing" at least! LOL

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:44 pm

amyjam0807 wrote:
azerigold wrote:My only advice really is just to take care of you and the baby, if you feel too exhausted, then don't push yourself to do more, even if you want to get more items. Definitely take as many 'off your feet' breaks as you can. If you can't hit all the stores you wanted to go to, oh well, there will always be another sale, and if not well health first, material items second. Stress on you cand affect your baby.

For sure if I start to get too wore out we will come home. The "plan" is to make it to the mall but if it doesn't happen that's fine too. We have some of the folding chairs with the footrest that we are planning on taking to Target while we sit and wait. Along with blankets and maybe a pillow! ;) It does make me feel better having hubby there because he knows me so well, and he will know too if its time to call it a "night" I told my dr my plan today and she said Im crazy - not because Im pregnant and going, just for going! lol But she said basically the same stuff, try to rest don't be on my feet "too" long, eat small snacks every couple of hours. So I do have her "blessing" at least! LOL

I hope you guys have a great time together shopping, just think next year you'll have a little one who will be so much fun to shop for <TOYS!!!!! haha>. The great thing when I was GD with my youngest, I lost 25lbs! I was looking great, feeling great too. I'm sad to say I've gained some of that back :( But I still prefer water over other drinks, I watch carb/sugar. Sometimes having it is a good thing to teach you better eating habits. For the most part I try to do my best to make sure we're eating healthy, just have to keep my husband from cooking - he LOVES to cook everything with oil...

I'm glad you have a plan and your hubby is supportive, that will take you far in your adventure! :) If it helps, when I was about 2 weeks from my due date/scheduled c-section, I was out taking pictures at a major horse sale, on my feet all day long, walking, and having to watch my back for any horses who decide to act up. I managed just fine. Of course the nice thing about these big horse sales, the cosignors who sell the horses have tables set up with snacks, fruit, cookies, tea, etc. and there are coolers everywhere with free water. I'd take a break off and on. When I knew it was time to go, I went home and rested. Yep I compare the sales to BF because it's a marathon too :)

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:35 pm

If you aren't driving nap those two hours you are in the car on your way home. Sometimes I can get the best cat naps in the car. I had GD with two of my kids. No fun, but maybe with all the activity that will help keep your numbers down.

amyjam0807
Black Friday Pro

Postby amyjam0807 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:26 pm

crazymomofthree wrote:If you aren't driving nap those two hours you are in the car on your way home. Sometimes I can get the best cat naps in the car. I had GD with two of my kids. No fun, but maybe with all the activity that will help keep your numbers down.

Yes I plan on sleeping on the way home! Im putting in a DVD (which is a treat in the car) for our 3 year old daughter to watch and Im sleeping! lol

Return to “Off Topic”