Movie talk

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Re: Movie talk

Postby nikkigirl01 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:04 am

steffj89 wrote:oooh forgot happy feet....
i am telling ya nikki i think we would get along so well in real life...i feel the same way about the twilight stuff....of course I also felt that way about harry potter....
steff

I can't stand Harry Potter...LOL...

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:13 am

I find likes and dislikes so interesting lol. We loved the Harry Potter books and liked the movies, hated anything to do with Twilight.

Sure, penguins are adorable, but watching them in synchronized dance routines makes me wonder if they taste like chicken. :lol:

shrcpark mentioned Hugo, so I checked it out, I have to say that it looks interesting.

caroleena
Black Friday Pro

Postby caroleena » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:51 am

my bff and i have tickets for monday to see breaking dawn and i am EXCITED! i am addicted to all things Edward and Bella! :!: :!:
i'd like to see Immortals, and the Justin Timberlake movie.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:07 pm

I have never watched Harry Potter! I know, how could I not have watched at least one right? I don't know. One day I may try to watch one, but it's just not highly interesting to me so far to sit down and watch the series.
My kids like the movies, but they don't rave about them.

I was a Twilight addict when the first movie came out, actually I avoided the whole thing because I figured it was just another vampire, dark movie, etc. I used to love vampire movies <Interview with a vampire w/Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise! Of course now that movie makes me laugh!>.
Finally I decided to sit down and read Twilight in Jan 2009 when the first movie was leaving the cheap seats, because my friends bribed me to do it. Loved the first book. Sure it wasn't great, but it sure made me feel like I was a teen again, and the way Edward takes care of Bella, and loves her, even if it's not real, still w-o-w.
Some people love the books, some hate them. That's fine :)
I like the movies, but I think they really left too much out of the first one, second one was okay, and I liked the third one probably a lot more than the first two. But I LOVE the dance scene at the end of the first movie.
Anyway, we're anxious to see Breaking Dawn, but it's not a dire need. I have a feeling we'll see it before the weekend is over though :)

Jack & Jill! That's the Adam sandler movie, I'm glad someone mentioned it because I couldn't remember the name of it, but it looks funny!

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Nothing about Twilight worked for us at all, but my best friend and her teenage daughters absolutely love the books and the movies.

I guess that's what makes the world go around. :D
Last edited by Kaelha on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdavis
Black Friday Pro

Postby pdavis » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:51 pm

i'm not a twilight fan either. i only saw the first one because my dd got the dvd when it first came out and wanted a movie night with me. since those come few and far between, i wasn't going to miss the opportunity lol. all that to say, not interested in breaking dawn.

i'd like to see happy feet 2, and the justin timberlake one about using time off your life to pay for stuff.
I'm addicted!

angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro

Postby angel_of_oz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:53 pm

I was avoiding the Twilight movies and books for a long time. Finally I was harassed enough about it to read the books. Then I caught myself up on the movies. I like the books better...

However, I still want to go see the Breaking Dawn. I'm hoping to go with a friend tonight if it isn't sold out.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

I was thinking about getting tickets online tomorrow to see Breaking Dawn, but it said no tickets were available. They are still available for Sunday morning. If we don't go Sun then we'll go Wed since the kids will be out of school. No rush to see it, but I want to see it soon :)
Right now I am fighting a sinus infection that has me miserable, so I couldn't imagine going into a packed theater and making someone else sick. I know sick people go reguardless, but 'I' do have some consideration for others ;)

I haven't seen the preview for Happy Feet 2, but honestly I just didn't like the first one, so no way I'd want to see this one. I enjoy a LOT of the kids movies, but I found Happy Feet annoying LOL
Yet I love the Shrek, and Disney classic movies, and many others. Heck I can even stand Spongebob....and that's going out on a limb, haha...

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Tanner is a penguin FREAK...we see everything penguin that ever comes out.
he is also my sci fi child who would watch all that crap with his daddy, but I kinda have reached a point I hardly watch anything that isnt at least halfway funny....life is sad, annoying, difficult, frustrating, i don't want to watch it in a movie.
steff

Russell Burrows
Black Friday Pro

Postby Russell Burrows » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:49 pm

We tend to avoid movie theater visits in favor of blu ray.
Last movie we saw was Transformers Dark side of the Moon and in the movie theater the sound was kind of lacking compared to how we like it to sound on our DIY Home Theater.

Twilight series is on our no watch list since story is eh? and sound mix on them is also kinda eh??

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 pm

steffj89 wrote:Tanner is a penguin FREAK...we see everything penguin that ever comes out.
he is also my sci fi child who would watch all that crap with his daddy, but I kinda have reached a point I hardly watch anything that isnt at least halfway funny....life is sad, annoying, difficult, frustrating, i don't want to watch it in a movie.
steff

I'm with you, I try to avoid a lot of the sad stuff, gets me too depressed :( Heck I just watched Captain America and when his friend died, I was so sad LOL I used to not be this way, but now that I have kids, certain things hit a nerve and makes me worry. Just the motherly instinct...

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:33 am

I really don't know what it is...I used to watch movies that made me think or had deeper meaning, silence of the lambs was one of my all time favorites....
now if it doesnt make me laugh out loud I have almost no interest....

aand I refuse to pay price for the new theaters...we don't see ANYTHING till it comes to the 2.50 theater....but good grief..i can take all 5 of us for what it costs for one ticket @ the other theater.
steff

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:42 am

steffj89 wrote:I really don't know what it is...I used to watch movies that made me think or had deeper meaning, silence of the lambs was one of my all time favorites....
now if it doesnt make me laugh out loud I have almost no interest....

aand I refuse to pay price for the new theaters...we don't see ANYTHING till it comes to the 2.50 theater....but good grief..i can take all 5 of us for what it costs for one ticket @ the other theater.
steff

I know what you mean, that's why we don't go to the theater. I think the last time we all went together was to see the A-Team when it came out. DH and my son are totally into the old tv show, which I got them hooked on since it was my all time favorite when I was a kid ;) Last time we went I think was when New Moon came out! I took my two oldest kids to go see it.
I like going for the early bird, at the really nice theater in town early bird matinee is $5.00.
Right now the plan is to see Breaking Dawn tomorrow if it's not sold out for the 10:35am showing, or maybe the 11am showing, and it'll be $5.00 per person. My kids are really looking forward to it, and it'll be the first thing we've done together in a while as the last few months have been pretty busy for me.

caroleena
Black Friday Pro

Postby caroleena » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:21 pm

IWTV is one of my all time favorite movies. i think Brad and Tom did the best job ever with bringing Louie and Lestat to life on the big screen. i watched it again this past week when it was of HD net.

azerigold wrote:I have never watched Harry Potter! I know, how could I not have watched at least one right? I don't know. One day I may try to watch one, but it's just not highly interesting to me so far to sit down and watch the series.
My kids like the movies, but they don't rave about them.

I was a Twilight addict when the first movie came out, actually I avoided the whole thing because I figured it was just another vampire, dark movie, etc. I used to love vampire movies <Interview with a vampire w/Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise! Of course now that movie makes me laugh!>.
Finally I decided to sit down and read Twilight in Jan 2009 when the first movie was leaving the cheap seats, because my friends bribed me to do it. Loved the first book. Sure it wasn't great, but it sure made me feel like I was a teen again, and the way Edward takes care of Bella, and loves her, even if it's not real, still w-o-w.
Some people love the books, some hate them. That's fine :)
I like the movies, but I think they really left too much out of the first one, second one was okay, and I liked the third one probably a lot more than the first two. But I LOVE the dance scene at the end of the first movie.
Anyway, we're anxious to see Breaking Dawn, but it's not a dire need. I have a feeling we'll see it before the weekend is over though :)

Jack & Jill! That's the Adam sandler movie, I'm glad someone mentioned it because I couldn't remember the name of it, but it looks funny!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:15 pm

caroleena wrote:IWTV is one of my all time favorite movies. i think Brad and Tom did the best job ever with bringing Louie and Lestat to life on the big screen. i watched it again this past week when it was of HD net.

Aww I haven't seen it in a while. I used to be OBSESSED with that movie! I still have the book I bought right before the movie came out, but haven't read it in years. They were 'hot' in that movie and I agree they did the best job they could. Tom Cruise makes me laugh though, before when the movie came out I thought his character was such a jerk and not funny, not it's 'funny' how my opinion has changed!

Return to “Off Topic”