Movie talk

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Movie talk

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:29 am

With all the new movies coming out this holiday season, what is everyone waiting to see, or have seen recently and really liked?

Most of my friends are at the theater right now watching Breaking Dawn. I really want to see it, but I can wait a day or two, or might possibly wait until next weekend. I'm waiting to see what my friends think since my daughter who is getting ready to turn 13 wants to see it, and so does my 10 1/2 yr old son. They've seen the other Twilight movies and all the Vampire Diaries episodes, so as long as it's not too gruesome, then I'd take them to see it.

I also look forward to War Horse, comes out on Christmas day, it looks really good, yet really sad.

Otherwise i am not sure. I have been so busy the past several weeks I haven't had a chance to sit back and enjoy the previews. HOWEVER, I did see Adam Sandler's new movie preview, forget the name, but it looked funny!

LHaro
Black Friday Pro

Re: Movie talk

Postby LHaro » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:03 am

I just bought my ticket for Breaking Dawn 8:00 tonight :-)

First time I've been to a movie without my young sons in a really long time so I'm really looking forward to it.

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:05 am

Don't go to the movies.

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:23 am

Going to breaking dawn tomorrow night! I'm a little excited about the muppet movie, too.

heatherbade
Black Friday Pro

Postby heatherbade » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:52 am

I took my daughter to see Breaking Dawn at 8 last night. WOW Good movie. I thought it was the best of the series. There was so much more laugh out loud moments. So glad we went!!

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:52 am

I can't remember the last time I went to the movies, might have been to see Eclipse LOL We don't go either, it's really costly, factor in the kids see snacks, want snacks, my youngest daughter always seemed to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes too!
DH is off on Sunday, so I might take my 2 older kids and go see Breaking Dawn on Sunday morning. Another thing it's only $5 Sunday morning, and sure beats paying around $9 a person.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:54 am

heatherbade wrote:I took my daughter to see Breaking Dawn at 8 last night. WOW Good movie. I thought it was the best of the series. There was so much more laugh out loud moments. So glad we went!!

Wow 8pm? that's cool, I didn't realize it was opening anywhere that early! All my friends went to the midnight showing. Everyone is saying it's one of the best in the series so far, I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'm just glad I am not as obsessed as I was after reading the books LOL I wouldn't be able to wait!

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 am

There hasn't been much in the theaters lately that interests us enough to go to the theater. We went to see Transformer's with my oldest daughter, while my middle daughter took her younger sister to see Cars. That was the last time we were at the theater. Prior to that, we went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part II.

Though I am not a Kristin Stewart fan, Snow White and the Huntsman looks interesting, as does War Horse. Given our budget, I will likely wait until those are out on DVD. I do enjoy twists on fairy tales, so Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters looks interesting too, it's supposed to come out next March.

chaddenise
Black Friday Pro

Postby chaddenise » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:26 am

I want to see Puss in Boots and Jack & Jill with Adam Sandler.

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 am

I saw Puss In Boots last Friday for my middle son's 5th birthday. It was "meh," IMO. No where near as amusing as the Shrek series. We also saw Real Steel recently and I thought that was great!!!

I want to see The Muppets and Happy Feet 2 and I am probably one of the few people on Earth that has NO interest in Breaking Dawn. I would rather poke my eyes out.

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:56 am

It's TWILIGHT WEEKEND!

I'm actually kinda excited for the muppet movie. And there's a snow white one coming out with Julia Roberts that looks good.

There was something else that opens next weekend that I thought looked interesting, but now I can't remember.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:38 am

what i would like to see and what we will likely see are 2 diff things....its likely to be puss in boots and muppets....

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:39 am

nikkigirl01 wrote:I want to see The Muppets and Happy Feet 2 and I am probably one of the few people on Earth that has NO interest in Breaking Dawn. I would rather poke my eyes out.

I am with and and I believe we are in the minority. lol. I hated the books (okay, I didn't read all the books , I couldn't finish the first one) and have zero interest in the movies. Same with my teenage daughters.

I think I would prefer the Muppets over Happy Feet though.

The kids wanted to see Puss In Boots, but we decided to wait until it came out on DVD. Given what I have heard about it, that was a likely a good decision.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:00 am

oooh forgot happy feet....
i am telling ya nikki i think we would get along so well in real life...i feel the same way about the twilight stuff....of course I also felt that way about harry potter....
steff

shrcpark
Black Friday Pro

Postby shrcpark » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:02 am

I want to see Hugo and Arthur Christmas. Aurthur Christmas is an animation movie and Hugo is a children's adventure into a clock, a bit on the dark side too.

Return to “Off Topic”