Page 1 of 2

CHRISTMAS MUSIC ON THE RADIO !?!?

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:55 pm
by XmasDVD
Started today - local station. 12 days of Christmas music
http://www.santa921.com/main.html

enjoy!

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:55 pm
by bfaddict
i was in michaels' today and they were playing christmas music.
it kinda lifted my spirits though.

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:24 pm
by iamkristen
Yeah! I put some Christmas Music In iTunes a few days ago, can't wait to hear it on the radio!

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:18 pm
by azerigold
I think it's still a bit early for Christmas music, even though I do love it :) I was in Kmart today, and Christmas is in full fledge! Didn't notice any Christmas music, but they are bringing out the pallets with all the Christmas gift sets, etc. all the decorations are out and all the trees. Does make me excited!

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:40 pm
by headbanger783
I can't wait for it! I usually listen to B101 out of Philly but they usually dont switch until Nov 15thish...anyone know where I can get my fix in my car around here NOW!

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 pm
by iamkristen
Went to the grocery store to get some 1/2 off Halloween candy (mostly for school). They took most of it down and made a Christmas aisle. The Halloween candy that was left was only marked to 2/$5.... Guess I'll check walm...

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm
by ikey2
As Per 10000watts.com which is the listing for all stations during the holidays. This is the update from Oct - current.

Albuquerque, NM KLQT-FM Website: www.lite951fm.com 11/1/2011
Birmingham, AL WMJJ-FM Website: www.magic96fm.com 10/31/2011
Cape May, NJ WEZW-FM Website: www.easy931.com 10/17/2011
Columbus, GA WGSY-FM Website: www.sunny100columbus.com 11/1/2011
Dayton, OH WLQT-FM Website: www.945litefm.com 11/1/2011
Detroit, MI WMGC-FM Website: www.detroitmagic.com 10/29/2011
Philadelphia, PA WBEB-HD2 Website: www.b101radio.com 11/1/2011
Pittsburgh, PA WLTJ-HD4 Website: www.q929fm.com 10/24/2011
Sarasota, FL WLTQ-FM Website: www.921online.com 10/31/2011
Sebring, FL WFHT-AM 10/3/2011
Syracuse, NY WZUN-FM Website: www.thesunnyspot.com 11/1/2011
Utica/Rome, NY WUMX-FM Website: www.mix1025.com 11/1/2011

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 pm
by XmasDVD
ikey2 wrote:As Per 10000watts.com which is the listing for all stations during the holidays. This is the update from Oct - current.

Albuquerque, NM KLQT-FM Website: www.lite951fm.com 11/1/2011
Birmingham, AL WMJJ-FM Website: www.magic96fm.com 10/31/2011
Cape May, NJ WEZW-FM Website: www.easy931.com 10/17/2011
Columbus, GA WGSY-FM Website: www.sunny100columbus.com 11/1/2011
Dayton, OH WLQT-FM Website: www.945litefm.com 11/1/2011
Detroit, MI WMGC-FM Website: www.detroitmagic.com 10/29/2011
Philadelphia, PA WBEB-HD2 Website: www.b101radio.com 11/1/2011
Pittsburgh, PA WLTJ-HD4 Website: www.q929fm.com 10/24/2011
Sarasota, FL WLTQ-FM Website: www.921online.com 10/31/2011 <-------- THAT IS OURS!!!
Sebring, FL WFHT-AM 10/3/2011
Syracuse, NY WZUN-FM Website: www.thesunnyspot.com 11/1/2011
Utica/Rome, NY WUMX-FM Website: www.mix1025.com 11/1/2011

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:38 am
by BFBrandon
Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought that stations should wait to play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. It just feels like jumping the start to me, much like retailers putting up Christmas stuff while Halloween items are still around. Let the other holidays have their time, retailers! Especially Thanksgiving, which is slowly being lost in the Christmas / Black Friday shuffle.

Christmas music

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:36 am
by sayuncle
Too early for me. Can't imagine being the guy that has to play that for his entire shift. It may be uplifting to us in small doses but it would ruin my holiday experience.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 am
by jemerid
I dont want to hear christmas music until after thanksgiving...i guess im traditional that way....

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:03 pm
by MegaBlue
"We're losing Thanksgiving in the shuffle of Halloween to Black Friday/Christmas." If you're a retailer that sells food, this is YOUR TIME TO SHINE. Turkeys will be flying out of your coolers, you won't be able to keep that canned pumpkin in stock, and odds are that you'll probably run out of stuffing mix at least once between now and November 24th. Grocery stores do their best business with the 'food' holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving), while your other retailers do their best business with the 'gift'/'decoration' holidays (Halloween, Christmas).

I agree that the sales starting earlier and earlier is pushing the 'traditional' Thanksgiving out of the picture, but, with the economy the way it is, can you really blame the retailers for trying to maximize their sales by opening earlier and earlier? If we were open on BF at midnight, I'd probably elect to work the overnight, mostly because it wouldn't be nearly as busy as it would be throughout the rest of the day. Plus, if you work 12-6am, you can go out shopping after work and have the rest of the day to yourself. It's a win-win situation for the employees. I'd rather work when it's busier and get it over with than face having to come in at, say, noon and facing the really angry customers who've been out shopping consistently since 10pm or earlier the day before.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 pm
by headbanger783
Being in the media myself (tv not radio) it's a known fact that when stations switch to all-christmas music formats listener number SKYROCKET. It doesn't matter when it starts, Nov 1st, day after thanksgiving whenever it means big ad revenue that a station isn't going to give up. 2 years ago when a station in philly switched in early november they increased listener's by 6 times the usual amount during their roughly 7 weeks of all Christmas music

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:27 pm
by mommyofanangelbaby
headbanger783 wrote:I can't wait for it! I usually listen to B101 out of Philly but they usually dont switch until Nov 15thish...anyone know where I can get my fix in my car around here NOW!



I listen to B101 too! :D ....Im still trying to win something from "The Best Christmas Ever" lol .....but if you go on their website, you can listen to it online until they start to play it on the radio. That's what Ive been doing!!

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:45 am
by BFBrandon
headbanger783 wrote:Being in the media myself (tv not radio) it's a known fact that when stations switch to all-christmas music formats listener number SKYROCKET. It doesn't matter when it starts, Nov 1st, day after thanksgiving whenever it means big ad revenue that a station isn't going to give up. 2 years ago when a station in philly switched in early november they increased listener's by 6 times the usual amount during their roughly 7 weeks of all Christmas music


Wow, that seems like such a surprise to me! I always figured people would get tired of hearing Christmas music for more than a month straight. With radio stations doing those kinds of numbers after switching over, I don't blame them for switching early . . .