Halloween!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:27 pm

nippythedog wrote:We had Trick or treating in our area today. Handed out candy to the kiddies.

Same thing with us! A lot more kids than last year and very fun!

Make sure everyone be safe this year! - I see a lot of posts of people doing things with churches and groups....GOOD!

Saw many parents tonight and lots of groups of kids which made me feel better...don't like it when I see a kid by themselves.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 pm

I am the ultimate slacker mom. I do not do trick or treating....I am totally willing to buy the costumes, let them dress up, let them do church stuff, let them do like downtown or the zoo or something, but I will not go house to house. I bribe them....they get to pick out the 5$ size bag of the candy of their choice each.
I don't know why I am this way...my folks took me, I went with the little boy when
I was a nanny, but I won't take them. I kinda think part of it is that I remember being about keifers age(8-9) and people were starting to poison candy, and there was someone in chicago who like had needles all thru the chocolate bar or something...clearly it has stayed with me cause I am a freak about it.

doesn't help that we live 30 mins from town and I am scared to walk in front of most of my neighbors house for fear of the very large angry dogs.

Steff

TheCount
Black Friday Pro

Postby TheCount » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:23 pm

I do not have kids, so I will be passing out candy with my sister. We are going to decorate the outside as well as wear costumes. I got a ringmaster costume for 75% off last year. :)

stepheng
Black Friday Pro

Postby stepheng » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Won't have any trick or treaters where I am. In a pretty rural place and the family population in my neighborhood is less than two.
"Do right." -Erk Russell

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:24 am

POST PICTURES of your decorations and costumes please!

Shopper X
Suspected Line Jumper

Postby Shopper X » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:11 am

In my area Trick or Treating has been postponed to Sunday, November 6 due to the storm. Many downed power lines still in the streets.

nikkigirl01
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikkigirl01 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:26 am

Halloween plans in the crapper. Both my 7 yr old and my 5 yr old have a stomach virus... No trick or treating for us tonight...:( (Don't know if I am going to take the 2 yr old around or not....)

drinkgreen
Black Friday Pro

Postby drinkgreen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:33 pm

I came to work today dressed up as Mayhem from the All state commericals. I've got the pink sweat band and dumbbells so I can be the hot girl out jogging.

elle_fleur
Black Friday Pro

Postby elle_fleur » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:50 pm

drinkgreen~ that's hilarious! :)

Those commercials are brilliant.

DramaticAnnie
Black Friday Pro

Postby DramaticAnnie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 pm

drinkgreen - I love it! and I love those commercials

How come you guys can some up with the best halloween costume ideas? This year we were pirates. Me, my two dogs, and my fiancee. Lol. Last year they were all characters from Star Wars and I was the Red Queen from Tim Burton's alice in wonderland.

Yes, I give out treats. I gave out treats this year and I just got home from a meeting and the trick or treating was already started (they started early the little friggers) so I have like 30 treat bags left and every year I'm close to running out.. :roll: I really didn't want to have 30 treat bags left when I am going for my first wedding dress fitting right after black friday.. lol

Sooo someone plz tell me what is a Trick or Trunk? Or whatever you guys said? Treat trunk? something with church? I like learning new things from my bfads friendses
I love my dogs more then I like most people.

There is nothing else in this world I get as excited for as I do for Black Friday. :D

bfshoppermom
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfshoppermom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 pm

Took kids out around neighborhood. We drive since smallest lot size is 1 acre and only about 3 houses per street had lights on (larger neighborhood though so we did ok.)

Oldest (11) was Sacajawea
Middle (9) was Lagoona Blue (Monster High)
Youngest (6) was Woody from Toy Story

It was fun enough...not too big of a haul - but that's ok -they don't need it anyway. We did luck out though with quality - mostly good chocolate. Only one or two banana laffy taffy (yuck!) and none of the really cheap stuff (no name jawbreakers...)

Return to “Off Topic”