Walmart / 1st Saturday in Nov Sale

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

nakeya
Black Friday Pro

Walmart / 1st Saturday in Nov Sale

Postby nakeya » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:30 pm

I'm looking forward to the 1st Saturday in November sale. I've been able to get some really good pre-bf deals that day. Does anyone recall when they released the sales flyer for it in previous years?

bigtate
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigtate » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:02 am

I don't really remember a flyer. Seems like it just was released on the site earlier that week. I got my laptop at that sale...good deal. I was first in line...I say line...actually I got there and that shift didn't know they were even having a sale haha. They put me in a spot and moved around a few times.

taragriffis
Black Friday Pro

Postby taragriffis » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:22 am

bigtate wrote:I don't really remember a flyer. Seems like it just was released on the site earlier that week. I got my laptop at that sale...good deal. I was first in line...I say line...actually I got there and that shift didn't know they were even having a sale haha. They put me in a spot and moved around a few times.

How much were the laptops selling for during the pre black friday sales? Looking to get 1 for 14 yr old son!

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:50 am

Oh man, we're going to be in Kentucky on the Bourbon Trail that Sat! Oh well, I guess I'll be missing those deals! But maybe I won't mind!

nakeya
Black Friday Pro

Postby nakeya » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:16 am

taragriffis wrote:
bigtate wrote:I don't really remember a flyer. Seems like it just was released on the site earlier that week. I got my laptop at that sale...good deal. I was first in line...I say line...actually I got there and that shift didn't know they were even having a sale haha. They put me in a spot and moved around a few times.

How much were the laptops selling for during the pre black friday sales? Looking to get 1 for 14 yr old son!

If I can recall correctly, they were around $298. Last year they were Compaq and the previous HP. Best Buy normally does has the similar sale on that day also. Can't wait. I was able to get a 19 in LED last year. I think I paid like $99. It is super thin and has excellent color. I can also remember them selling video systems with gift cards...

SuperMomof3
Black Friday Pro

Postby SuperMomof3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 am

I will be in Chicago for a girl's weekend that weekend, but hubby can go IF there are good deals.

trunkims
Black Friday Pro

Postby trunkims » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:02 am

i never even realized there was a good sale at this time. guess i'll be looking out for that this year!

bigtate
Black Friday Pro

Postby bigtate » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 am

nakeya wrote:
taragriffis wrote:

If I can recall correctly, they were around $298. Last year they were Compaq and the previous HP. Best Buy normally does has the similar sale on that day also. Can't wait. I was able to get a 19 in LED last year. I think I paid like $99. It is super thin and has excellent color. I can also remember them selling video systems with gift cards...

That's right...$298 for a Compaq. It's been a good enough laptop. Not many glitches so far.

azerigold
Black Friday Pro

Postby azerigold » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:53 pm

pandagirl wrote:Oh man, we're going to be in Kentucky on the Bourbon Trail that Sat! Oh well, I guess I'll be missing those deals! But maybe I won't mind!

I'm in KY, but I won't be on the Bourbon Trail that Saturday...I'll be in Louisville at Churchill Downs for the Breeders Cup races :)

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:49 am

I hope they do another 19 inch TV this year again for around the same price. Got the one last year for one of my friends since I was already going to be there, and that thing is spiffy. Now I need to get one for my son since his TV is one of the old clunky ones and now has lines across it. :?

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 am

i will have to keep my eye on this for my parents... they're in the market for a new computer and i bet my mom would love it if my dad could find something for $400 or less lol

my4boyz98
Black Friday Pro

Postby my4boyz98 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:15 pm

They have the 19 inch for $98 right now in the store, and the compaq for $248 (Got all 4 in lay-a-way) so no need to do the black friday laptop line :)

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:58 pm

The toshiba laptop that is 328 at wal mart right now is awesome. i cannot rave about it enough. we have the compaq that is 248 as well, and my toshiba runs rings around it. Chris has problems with the wireless card on his compaq all the time, and I have never had an issue ever with my toshiba.
Steff

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:42 pm

I love them too!

my4boyz98
Black Friday Pro

Postby my4boyz98 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:46 pm

steffj89 wrote:The toshiba laptop that is 328 at wal mart right now is awesome. i cannot rave about it enough. we have the compaq that is 248 as well, and my toshiba runs rings around it. Chris has problems with the wireless card on his compaq all the time, and I have never had an issue ever with my toshiba.
Steff

Both me and the hubby have Toshiba, LOVE them!!! Have had HP, Dell, and Compaq in the past and none of them have held up to our Toshibas, but the $248 price point is good for the boys and what they need so I can not complain. But yeah, if I was getting myself one, it would be the Toshiba all the way :)

Return to “Off Topic”