Page 1 of 2

For now....

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:32 am
by mechimpaired
I would settle for some toybooks to start arriving! Not only will I look at them my kids will and last year they started pointing out what they wanted this year I am gonna make a note of everything they pick to have an idea. Unfortunately, my kids do not say I want this or that... so I still have to kind of wing it.

I am in the market for about 9 dvds for the kiddos like classics like aladdin, lion king 2, robin hood and really am hoping amazon or somewhere will have them at least a little lower than what I have been seeing.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:24 pm
by mommyofanangelbaby
I know! Just a couple more weeks until they come. TRU's comes out October 30 & Target's come out November 1! Can't wait !!

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:23 pm
by luckycharms38
I know what you mean! Yesterday a holiday book came from ABC Distributing. My husband was like "did you send for that?" nope.... "have you ever bought from them?" nope.... "then why are you looking at it?"....... are you kidding me :roll: , it has Christmas stuff to look at.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 pm
by tinytim35
I miss the old thick JCPenney toy catalogs.....now they look as thin as magazines....if they even send them at all!

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:57 pm
by Russell Burrows
I miss the 1000+ page Sears??(or was it Montgomery Ward?) catalogs..........oh well things come and go.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:13 pm
by packers
I got one a few weeks ago for Fleet Farm's Toyland. Didn't think about it since my kid is an adult but I made the mistake of running to Fleet Farm today for a few things. Then realized the darn Toyland opened yesterday and the place was a zoo. It was like Black Friday crowded.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:18 pm
by tlpbupu
I remember as a kid fighting over the giant Sears catalog. It was always so exciting when it came. We each got a turn to have it to ourselves and we circled and initialed what we wanted.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:22 pm
by caroleena
we loved that sears wishbook! it was the true beginning of the Christmas season!


tlpbupu wrote:I remember as a kid fighting over the giant Sears catalog. It was always so exciting when it came. We each got a turn to have it to ourselves and we circled and initialed what we wanted.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:19 pm
by luckycharms38
caroleena wrote:we loved that sears wishbook! it was the true beginning of the Christmas season!


tlpbupu wrote:I remember as a kid fighting over the giant Sears catalog. It was always so exciting when it came. We each got a turn to have it to ourselves and we circled and initialed what we wanted.


I remember this from both my childhood as well as my childrens. They were as excited as I was for this to show up in the mail!

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:30 pm
by LHaro
Looking forward to the TRU and Target toy books as well -- have no idea what the boys are going to want other than video games.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 pm
by iamkristen
tlpbupu wrote:I remember as a kid fighting over the giant Sears catalog. It was always so exciting when it came. We each got a turn to have it to ourselves and we circled and initialed what we wanted.


SAME HERE! Not sure if it was Sears, but I think it was. There were several.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 pm
by drinkgreen
I remember when the ToysRUs Big Book of Toys was exactly that. A big ass book! You would have broken a toe if you dropped it on your foot wrong. I had that thing to myself as a kid all November and December, and it was ripped and bent and abused, but still held well.

Now its just an oversized insert magazine. A few flip throughs with my daughter and its all in pieces in the living room.

It's almost here!

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:12 pm
by mommyofanangelbaby
Found this while googling....sale prices are October 30 - November 23, 2011 :)

Image

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 pm
by nippythedog
packers wrote:I got one a few weeks ago for Fleet Farm's Toyland. Didn't think about it since my kid is an adult but I made the mistake of running to Fleet Farm today for a few things. Then realized the darn Toyland opened yesterday and the place was a zoo. It was like Black Friday crowded.


LOL...We went on Sat to Farm and Fleet for tires. The parking lot was PACKED. Ended up going elsewhere.

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:51 pm
by bfaddict
i LOVED the sears book!!!
i went through that thing page by page (in the toy section) and wrote down everything.single.thing. that i wanted.
of course i got none of it lol but it was so much fun doing it.