9 months pregnant on Black Friday 2011? Suggestions or tips?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: lwmjr, teknoge3k, ikey2, hiker

allisoncrews
Black Friday Pro

9 months pregnant on Black Friday 2011? Suggestions or tips?

Postby allisoncrews » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi fellow shoppers,

I am going to be 9 months pregnant on Black Friday, and am thinking I will have to miss the real early shopping. Baby is due December 26, and I am not sure I can make it super early to shop. I have been Black Friday shopping since I was 2. Tradition started with my granny, mom and sister; now, my sister and I go every year. I hate to think I might miss it! It's in my blood :)! Do any of you have any suggestions, or tips for that day...or should I totally not go at all? Thanks in advance for the help!!

Allison

pandagirl
Black Friday Pro

Postby pandagirl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Well, I was close to 7 months pregnant a couple of years ago & I waited all night long at Walmart! I would say definitely stay inside, if it's cold where you are. You might want to consider online shopping?

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Being pregnant wouldn't stop me. :-) Obviously you have to think safety...so don't be battling over the last blu-ray player. And the belly kind of hinders easy navigating through small spaces. Maybe just head out after the stampedes have gone and see what's left? No sense in completely missing out. :-)

teknoge3k
Forum Moderator

Postby teknoge3k » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:03 am

My wife was 9 months pregnant (son was born December 4) and she still did it. She just cussed out a bunch of old women who kept hitting her feet with their buggy. She did fine though!
That moment you realize that Bruce Jenner is Kanye Wests' mother in-law

facebook.com/teknoge3k
twitter.com/teknoge3k

mechimpaired
Black Friday Pro

Postby mechimpaired » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 am

I have done BF pregnant and it went smoothly but I did end up napping in the vehicle mid afternoon cause I was worn out. After that I was ready to go again! Just take breaks, stay hydrated, and definately don't try duking it out for a blu ray lol. Well you could and you would probably win but it is a little risky ha ha You could stay home and shop online but I have had a few lag problems and out of stock issues with that some people dont though.

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:11 am

I had Sawyer 12-22-08. I went that year. We did wait outside @ TRU for the midnight opening, and again waiting for target/etc. I took a break between stores and went to waffle house because I was going after smaller items in Target not big DEALS.
Steff

PokeMeg
Black Friday Pro

Postby PokeMeg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:03 am

teknoge3k wrote:My wife was 9 months pregnant (son was born December 4) and she still did it. She just cussed out a bunch of old women who kept hitting her feet with their buggy. She did fine though!
HEY.

That's my birthday. :o
"Every flight begins with a fall", the crow said. "Look down."

nikol0304
Black Friday Pro

Postby nikol0304 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:17 am

PokeMeg wrote:
teknoge3k wrote:My wife was 9 months pregnant (son was born December 4) and she still did it. She just cussed out a bunch of old women who kept hitting her feet with their buggy. She did fine though!
HEY.

That's my birthday. :o

That's my little brother's birthday too. :-)

SuperMomof3
Black Friday Pro

Postby SuperMomof3 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Shop with friends. I had my son December 19th. That year, I stayed in one place in the store and they brought me everything. ie BASKETBALL STANDS (3 of them).

topaz3
Black Friday Pro

Postby topaz3 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:00 pm

This year will be my third time shopping pregnant, I will be seven months pregnant. The first year I ever did it pregnant I delivered the baby the day after on Saturday. I had been in what they called pre Labor for about three days already but the doctor told me some women will experience that for as much as a couple of weeks before they actually deliver so I figured I'm gonna be uncomfortable weather I stay home or go so I might as well go and get my son the bike he wanted. That year I did only get the one thing and got out as quickly as possible but the next time I was pregnant I did the whole Black Friday thing and plan to do the same this year. A few pieces of advice though are in order. 1 bring someone with you, my husband always runs for the big items that you would have to fight for while I gather other items that are easier to get to., 2 know the store your shopping in pretty well, I consider myself a pretty seasoned black Friday shopper and know what to expect and it seems with all the years you've been doing it you probably are too so pretty much stick to what you know if you don't know a store well and you step in and it's chaos maybe take a break while the person you're shopping with tackles that one for you.,3 I strongly recommend you grab a cart when you get in to the store to protect your belly from getting bumped 4 By all means keep warm if you need to wait outside in the cold for any length of time put on a lot of clothes and bring blankets. You absolutely do not want to get sick right before delivering baby.,5 Make sure you bring plenty of fluids and even something to eat if you're gonna be out all day. You have to make sure both mom and baby don't end up running on empty. Congratulations on your little bundle of joy hope this helps you and others as well, and on another note the one thing I never worry about is the lack of sleep. Trust me when I tell you once that baby comes you won't get much anyway so you might as well use Black Friday to give yourself a crash course and save a few bucks while your at it. As a mom of almost five I know what it means to be able to save so much which is after all the point of Black Friday. Good luck and have fun.

ooops944
Black Friday Pro

Postby ooops944 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:42 am

If you are unable to get to the item you want, scream "OMG! My water just broke!" :wink:

Suzapaloooza
Black Friday Pro

Postby Suzapaloooza » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Last year I was VERY pregnant (had my daughter on jan 14) and wasn't sure if I'd make it on black friday. But, it turns out I had a ton of energy and a lot of fun! I stayed up all night and slept until the afternoon. :) My advice: You can totally rock BF pregnant. Bring plenty of water. Wear the most comfortable shoes and clothing you own. Have a small coffee to keep you going, it won't hurt the baby. Pace yourself and pick your battles! :) Now that I have a child, I'm so excited to buy her things this year!!

crazymomofthree
Black Friday Pro

Postby crazymomofthree » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:10 am

My 3rd child was born on black friday 03. On the way to the hospital I made hubby stop at radio shack!

I went bf shopping when I was pregnant with my 1st child, he was born a week later and I had no problems everyone was kind and let me through. that was many years ago so be careful

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:33 pm

shoulda planned that better :wink: bring a bucket in case your water breaks!

but seriously, I would skip it and do the online thing. too many crazy people out there and the chance of getting hurt and the stress and lack of sleep. Can't be good for baby!

BFPrincess
Black Friday Pro

Postby BFPrincess » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 pm

crazymomofthree wrote:My 3rd child was born on black friday 03. On the way to the hospital I made hubby stop at radio shack!

I went bf shopping when I was pregnant with my 1st child, he was born a week later and I had no problems everyone was kind and let me through. that was many years ago so be careful

Now THAT'S hardcore!

Return to “Off Topic”