Stocking Stuffers?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

luckycharms38
Black Friday Pro

Postby luckycharms38 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:21 pm

When the kids were younger I would order little things from Oriental Trading. Candy, their card and for my Hubby (and the kids now that they are older) scratch off lottery tickets. Matchbox cars, lip gloss, gift cards. They also get an ornament every year.

barrett76
Black Friday Pro

Postby barrett76 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:06 am

Yes scratch offs!! I got one in my stocking one year. It was a $10 one and I won $75! Woo hoo!

chubles
Black Friday Pro

Postby chubles » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:16 am

DS age 11 is getting...
Diary of a wimpy kid: The Ugly Truth (book)
2 different 39 clues books
pair of soccer gloves
a hard cover for his ipod touch
stickers for his skateboard
itunes gift card

DH is getting...
a chrome gas cap for his project car
a under armour winter hat
an electric razor
license plate frame for project car
a travel mug that plugs into cigarette lighter in the car

and misc candy for each

steffj89
Black Friday Pro

Postby steffj89 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:31 am

the mini lego kits, this year they are each getting a lego watch in theirs, i havent a clue for the baby this year, a dvd or blu ray, dollar store stuff, mighty beanz i think....

hubby will get some movie or something, not sure, i havent found as much for him this year, so my stocking plan is kind of bare....lol
steff

mabrey
Black Friday Pro

Postby mabrey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:45 am

A lot of what has been mentioned is what I have used in stockings....toothbrush, lip gloss, combs, nail clips, crayons & a maze book(many different types) little wooden or metal puzzles big orange to fill the toe area, book of lifesavers & then I always try to put in 1 or 2 nice gifts. My mom usually put in some jewelry.

ooops944
Black Friday Pro

Postby ooops944 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 am

I usually buy the travel size toiletries, etc. I put food items in the stockings. I also like to go to the dollar store and Five Below. Five Below is especially nice because they have all sorts of things. Nothing costs more than $5. They have games, shirts, dvd's, video game and mp3 player accessories, etc.

Kimmer
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kimmer » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:55 am

I have three sons...I put kooky pens, pez, baseball cards, wacky packages cards, DVDs that I buy on BF at WM for 1.99, books, bookmarks, coke in the round bottles that look like ornaments :)

For hubby, I put in DVDs, ornaments - he collects the Hallmark sports ones, baseball cards, scratch tx and walnuts (his mom used to put them in his stocking and she is now gone so I always do this for him)

Have fun!

Kayaf
Black Friday Pro

same ideas

Postby Kayaf » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 am

my adults get gum/mints, playing cards, pens, socks, gloves, some "special treat" (one year ds2 got a 12-pack of pop all for himself... attached a ribbon from the stocking to the wrapped pack under the tree), ornament, tools or kitchen utensil.
Grands get candy, small game, crayons or markers, socks, gloves, a stuffed animal.

Since our grands live several states away, we send their stocking stuffers out there so we can be part of their Christmas morning.... in a non-real way.

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:31 am

In my husband's stocking I usually put hand tools, odd kitchen utensils, an ornament, gourmet tea/hot cocoa mixes, gift cards, socks, etc.

My son gets little cars, a DVD, and fruit snacks.

aandasmom
Black Friday Pro

Postby aandasmom » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:14 am

We are all choco-holics here so candy is always in our stockings. My girls usually get a couple small items-little pet shop toys this year. They are getting cd's this year. I usually get some cute hair stuff, lip gloss or other girly things to. The hubby usually gets a movie, an itunes gift card or blank cds so he can burn mixes of all his older stuff to listen to to and from work. I like the idea of the coupons that several people have posted, might be poaching that one! My girls would love to be able to pass off chores to me and still keep their allowance!

kel_hin
Black Friday Pro

Postby kel_hin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:59 am

Thanks for all the ideas! I went to thinkgeek.com and bought him a Titanium Spork , Shower Shock Caffeinated Soap , Zombie Blood Caffeinated Energy and Astronaut Ice Cream. lol! I'll also put in mini bottles of alcohol and a few toiletries. Maybe hit up spencers? For my son...I'll go to the $ store and maybe TRU for a few small things to put in there.

nomorerack
Black Friday Pro

Postby nomorerack » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:48 am

you could buy lottery tickets and put it on your husbands socks, and for your 6 years old you could put little toys or candies,..

tinytim35
Black Friday Pro

Postby tinytim35 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 am

apple & orange....lifesaver book.....sour gummy worms....mini stuffed animal...

may do the lottery scratch off for my mom & mother-in-law....of course Santa will have to leave one for me too....................

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Postby coco76 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:14 pm

DH stocking: boxers, his fave candy, Dallas Cowboy lanyard (he wears a badge for work) and an iTunes gift card

My mom (she lives w/us): a pair of those really soft lounge pants, diabetic friendly candy and perfume that she has been looking for for years (she's gonna love that surprise!!!)

Debs1973
Black Friday Pro

Postby Debs1973 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:55 pm

delwood wrote:Batteries, toothbrushes, chapstick, bubble bath, match box cars, puzzles, jack and ball, cards, playing and match, gift card to wawa or coffee stop, candy, party store gag gifts

You must be from the NE if you have Wawa.

Return to “Off Topic”