Stocking Stuffers?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, ikey2, Tony, cematra173, killasnake, Huy

kel_hin
Black Friday Pro

Stocking Stuffers?

Postby kel_hin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm having a little trouble coming up with ideas on what to put in stockings this yr for my 6 yr old son and my husband. Any ideas? What do YOU put in stockings??

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:41 pm

I hit the dollar store - Candy, school supplies, small tools, small toys

kel_hin
Black Friday Pro

Postby kel_hin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks! Keep the ideas coming....

AudraWilkinsonOLD
Black Friday Pro

Postby AudraWilkinsonOLD » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:12 pm

We do dollar store things also...

Another idea is coupons...I'm not sure if your son has chores at 6 but I give my kids coupons where I have to do their chore for the day, or one where they could stay up late one night, or I would bake a special dessert at thier request.
You could give your hubby a coupon for a night out to his fave restaurant, or maybe a foot massage or a free pass on something he normally has to do. Print them up on the computer to make them festive. :)

For your son, you could put an ornament in the stocking each year, and when he grows up and moves out he can take them with him, as his starter set of ornaments for his own tree.

Merry Christmas. :)

strawberrykisses
Black Friday Pro

Postby strawberrykisses » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:18 pm

AudraWilkinson wrote:We do dollar store things also...

For your son, you could put an ornament in the stocking each year, and when he grows up and moves out he can take them with him, as his starter set of ornaments for his own tree.

Merry Christmas. :)

We do the Dollar Store, or the Dollar isle of Target or Wal-Mart, usually.

My parents also did the one new ornament a year for us as kids. I had a great starter collection when I moved out. We kept the tradition going with our son, so that goes in his stocking as well.

We try to stay away from candy in stockings though. My son doesn't eat much candy to begin with, and one year, the dog knocked over a stocking Christmas Eve and got into the candy and we ended up at an emergency vet

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

underwear/boxers and socks :D

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 pm

When my son was 6, I was putting things like candy canes, hershey kisses, mini things of playdough, small LEGO kits and dollar store toys in his stocking... now that he's nearly 11, it's gift cards, video games, beef jerky (his favorite thing in the world lol), and other small things yet to be determined.

My hubby and I do gag gifts in stockings every year. Last year, he slipped on ice out back of our house before Christmas (no harm done). The way he fell looked comical, like a cartoon character slipping on a banana peel. So I went out and bought him those ice traction things that you slip over your shoes (usually $5-$10 in Target, Bon-Ton, Boscov's, etc). He didn't think I was so funny... but his mom cracked up when I told her! :lol:

Other things that hubby and I put in stockings are things like travel-sized colognes, aftershave, chapstick, etc. I've also put small toolsets, candy, mini alcohol bottles (aka "airplane" bottles, like JD, SoCo, etc.), the small Hickory Farms snack sticks and cheese, and DVDs or video games.

Hope this helps a little! :)

PS - the ornament idea for your son is also an awesome idea. I don't have a chance to put an ornament in my son's stocking... he always has at least 2 of his own before Christmas. They always make one in art class at his school, and my mom buys him one every year with his name on it. Add that to the ones they do at church, and that's a lot of ornaments! In his box, he has at least 25 ornaments already... by the time he moves out on his own, he'll have enough to cover 2 trees! ;)

glswrks
Black Friday Pro

Postby glswrks » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 pm

A huge naval orange with a big belly button.
The biggest, reddest, most perfect Red Delicious apple.
A tin of smoked oysters.
Terry's Milk Chocolate Orange Ball.
Socks and underwear.
Ornament to reflect that years' interest or milestone.
The first 4 are shared throughout the holidays during board games or TV specials, with the addition of some cheese & crackers.

DramaticAnnie
Black Friday Pro

Postby DramaticAnnie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 pm

I like putting gift cards in my fiancee's stocking, last year he was working everyday almost at a place about 45 mins from home, so I put in like coffee places gift card, and some fast food like subway and stuff gift cards for buying lunches when he was at work.

This year he's working at a place a lot closer to home but I can still see me getting gift cards, maybe those Microsoft points for xbox he likes so much, and maybe some movie theatre gift cards (which is more like a gift to us lol). One year I did put a major gift in the stocking for him because I couldn't wrap it very good (Ozzy Osbourne concert tickets).

Also little gadgets, I bought a bunch of stuff from thinkgeek.com last year, like a multi tool key thingy and astronaut ice cream, which I put in his stocking lol.

When I was 6 my favorite thing to get in my stocking was little toys and stuff, like kinder eggs and barbie clothes, because usually on Christmas Eve my parents would let me open either one gift, or my stocking. :)
I love my dogs more then I like most people.

There is nothing else in this world I get as excited for as I do for Black Friday. :D

delwood
Black Friday Pro

Postby delwood » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:01 pm

Batteries, toothbrushes, chapstick, bubble bath, match box cars, puzzles, jack and ball, cards, playing and match, gift card to wawa or coffee stop, candy, party store gag gifts

caravaggio
Black Friday Pro

Postby caravaggio » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:33 pm

My family always put toys or candy. Now a days we just put them up for decoration and I stick one of the various xmas plushes in them so they aren't empty.

Kaelha
Black Friday Pro

Postby Kaelha » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:45 pm

New toothbrush, hair pretties and lip gloss (I have girls lol), A Sees Candy chocolate Santa, kinder eggs and other foil wrapped treats from Europe (Cost Plus has these) a perfect orange, a bag of candied nuts, a silver dollar. I will be adding some make-up to the teens stocking this year.

For a boy? Some cool hotwheels, his favorite candy, a new toothbrush with a character he likes, action figures, crayons if he likes to color, gift card to a store he likes.

good luck!

angel_of_oz
Black Friday Pro

Postby angel_of_oz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:48 pm

glswrks wrote:A huge naval orange with a big belly button.

lol ok I have to ask if there is an inside joke to this one

caroleena
Black Friday Pro

Postby caroleena » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 pm

money- like silver dollar or such. mcd's card. gum, hot wheels, ink pens, cds, lip balm, yo-yo, the inevitable chocolate santa!pez disp & pez, cool stocking caps, gloves.

glswrks
Black Friday Pro

Postby glswrks » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 pm

angel_of_oz wrote:
glswrks wrote:A huge naval orange with a big belly button.

lol ok I have to ask if there is an inside joke to this one

I was the gullible baby of the family...naval/navel :wink: but I always found a mini orange inside attached to the belly button that was sweeter!

Return to “Off Topic”