On Black Friday, if I was a store owner I would...

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

On Black Friday, if I was a store owner I would...

Postby sweetdiggity » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:01 pm

If you could own/manage a store (in a perfect world), any store, what would it be? How would you run Black Friday? Give out freebies? Treat customers like garbage? lol
Nothing is off limits, use your imagination....

If I could run any store, it would be Target.
I would give the first 100 people in line a $100 gift card. The next 50 would get a $50 gift card and the next 25 in line would get a $25 GC. (Obviously, this is highly imaginative as in this economy - not happening! lol)

Pricematching would be a breeze, employees would know where everything is and every checkout would be open.

I would also have hot Starbucks available for free. A news crew would be there to capture all the fun. I would have one big reward for a lucky shopper. The 26th (to honor the day of BF) shopper to checkout would get 50% off their purchase. LOL

At this rate, how is my store making money, right? lol

Hopefully the gift card promotion lured in extra customers. lol

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Give out $100 giftcards at Target? And you thought Walmart was bad on BF. :shock: Chaos would erupt and the SWAT team would have to be called in to deal with those women and their purses. :lol:
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:04 pm

g-man430 wrote:Give out $100 giftcards at Target? And you thought Walmart was bad on BF. :shock: Chaos would erupt and the SWAT team would have to be called in to deal with those women and their purses. :lol:

LMAO. I forgot to mention that there would be a lot of police as well to keep things in order. Perfect world, remember. :wink:

lil_Jean
Black Friday Pro

Postby lil_Jean » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Close shop and go shopping. =x
The BFAds Oath: On my honour I promise that I will do my best to do my duty to bfads, and to the members of its forum to cause lots of trouble, keeping its admin on their toes, and to the live by its Mischievous Law.

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Re: On Black Friday, if I was a store owner I would...

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:57 pm

sweetdiggity wrote:If you could own/manage a store (in a perfect world), any store, what would it be? How would you run Black Friday? Give out freebies? Treat customers like garbage? lol

I would give the first 100 people in line a $100 gift card. The next 50 would get a $50 gift card and the next 25 in line would get a $25 GC. (Obviously, this is highly imaginative as in this economy - not happening! lol)

Pricematching would be a breeze, employees would know where everything is and every checkout would be open.

I would also have hot Starbucks available for free. A news crew would be there to capture all the fun. I would have one big reward for a lucky shopper. The 26th (to honor the day of BF) shopper to checkout would get 50% off their purchase. LOL

lol you must think ponies with wings and fairies exist :roll: :lol:

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Verbal_Intercourse11.23 wrote:
sweetdiggity wrote:If you could own/manage a store (in a perfect world), any store, what would it be? How would you run Black Friday? Give out freebies? Treat customers like garbage? lol

I think they exist. :D
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:05 pm

No, just thinking the "anything goes" way...it would be fun!!

JrdnJstn
Black Friday Pro

Postby JrdnJstn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:15 pm

g-man430 wrote:

I think they exist. :D

Heck yeah they exist!!!!!!!!! I have a fairy kept in a bird cage and my pony w/wings is in a stable but don't tell anyone!

The poster did say in a perfect world or anything goes
The biggest lie I tell myself is... "I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it."

jediknight
Black Friday Pro

Postby jediknight » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:43 pm

I would definitely give gift cards to the first 50 people in line. Of course depending on the store, you might or might not be able to do this if you are in a corporate retail company.

I would also probably give out donuts to anyone that was outside and give out hot beverages (with a disclaimer that if they burn themselves they cannot sue us!)

Rope them into a line, pass out the tickets and make sure that they only go in 5 at a time so there is no rampage. - Security would be on premises and I would have some employees go out side and keep them company...as I would myself to make sure everyone is calm from the onset.

Also, anyone caught cutting would be gone from the premises.

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:25 pm

jediknight wrote:I would definitely give gift cards to the first 50 people in line. Of course depending on the store, you might or might not be able to do this if you are in a corporate retail company.

I would also probably give out donuts to anyone that was outside and give out hot beverages (with a disclaimer that if they burn themselves they cannot sue us!)

Rope them into a line, pass out the tickets and make sure that they only go in 5 at a time so there is no rampage. - Security would be on premises and I would have some employees go out side and keep them company...as I would myself to make sure everyone is calm from the onset.

Also, anyone caught cutting would be gone from the premises.

The thing is though, only the stores that nobody goes to would have to give out free gift cards to people and hope they actually buy more lol. Walmart and Bestbuy and other popular stores would/should not have to do it.

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:37 pm

I would give them out to be nice and show appreciation to customers, not because I thought I would have to.
That's where you're thinking the "anything goes" part. lol

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm

*sigh* i want to live in a perfect world :cry:

kenziekinz09
Black Friday Pro

Postby kenziekinz09 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:43 pm

I enjoyed the $10 giftcards from target last year :D
Tek for weird uncle! TEAM SISTER WIVES 8)
My Disney Blog- http://www.kenziewdwcp.blogspot.com/

VerbalI11-23
Black Friday Pro

Postby VerbalI11-23 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:44 pm

kenziekinz09 wrote:I enjoyed the $10 giftcards from target last year :D

I wouldn't even call them giftcards though as they require mininum purchase if i remember correctly. :?:

dixierose
Black Friday Pro

Postby dixierose » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:28 am

kenziekinz09 wrote:I enjoyed the $10 giftcards from target last year :D

I wouldn't even call them giftcards though as they require mininum purchase if i remember correctly. :?:

yes they did but it wasn't hard to get that mininum purchase price and the gift card bought my mother-in-law's gift last year

Return to “Off Topic”