How did you learn that Santa Claus wasn't real?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

GinaBeana87
Black Friday Pro

Postby GinaBeana87 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:06 am

My parents always said if we didn't believe he wouldn't bring us presents so even when I knew I never said I did so I could get the gifts! I think I was around 9-10 and kids at school were saying he wasn't real. It is sad how Christmas changes once you find out though..

Shopper X
Black Friday Pro

Postby Shopper X » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:32 am

Are you sure Santa isn't real? I chat with him daily on http://www.santabot.com/ and he seems quite real to me.

njensenmix
Black Friday Pro

Postby njensenmix » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:31 pm

I too caught on around 7 or 8 when I realized "Santa's" handwriting on the gift tags was my mom and dad's. It wasn't a heartbreaker for me and I didn't leak it to my little brother. My mom still addresses her gift tags from Santa for me, and I'm 35.

I'm trying to keep the spirit of Santa alive as long as I can for my little ones. My 5 yr old is already on to the fact that there are...discrepancies...in the Santa mythos. We've had a little talk about how mommy and Santa "coordinate" things as far as gifts go to try and explain the questions she had had already. :roll: It's not going to last that long with her...
Nicole
Seven tours of retail Black Friday duty 1991 - 1998, now retired

busylilnurse
Black Friday Pro

how my brother found out there was no santa

Postby busylilnurse » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:32 pm

My younger brother was probably ten or eleven and wanted to stay up playing cards with his dad and older(much older) brothers. I went to bed at probably two am but they were still playing. Apparently my brother took EVERYONE's money playing poker. My dad's money, my older brothers money, a cousin's money.....and of course he stood up....gathered all the money up and drug it across the table just running off at the mouth LOL

One of my older brothers said "allright you want to stay up and play poker with the big boys..guess what? THERES NO SANTA"

I guess my younger brothers face just fell,lmao....apparently he still believed!!

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:45 pm

WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT REAL???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S BEEN EATING THE COOKIES AND DRINKING THE MILK ALL THESE YEARS????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S BEEN NIBBLING THE CARROTS??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still leave out cookies, milk and carrots for Santa. I still leave him a "thank you" note, too.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 pm

PlutoIsTheBest wrote:WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT REAL???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S BEEN EATING THE COOKIES AND DRINKING THE MILK ALL THESE YEARS????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S BEEN NIBBLING THE CARROTS??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still leave out cookies, milk and carrots for Santa. I still leave him a "thank you" note, too.

Bloo Q Kazoo has been eating the cookies, drinking the milk, and nibbling the carrots. :D
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

queentween
Black Friday Pro

Postby queentween » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Santa is real, and you guys are all crazy. I am 47 and I know when I go downstairs on Christmas morning, I am ALWAYS surprised with whats under the tree! No wonder you don't get the good stuff!!!!!

luckycharms38
Black Friday Pro

Postby luckycharms38 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:52 pm

With 14 older brothers and sisters it's a wonder I ever believed in him. They were happy to provide the info that Santa was in fact my parents when I was 6.

chaddenise
Black Friday Pro

Postby chaddenise » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:17 pm

i remember hearing older kids talk about it at school, i went home and asked my mom and was told as long i still beleived, santa would come. As long as you believe in Santa and feel the sprirt of Christmas, Santa will come. My youngest stills truely believes, i am afraid it will be tougher on me then her when she knows the truth. Once she does, santa will still come as long as we belive in santa and hold the spirit of Christmas in our hearts!!

PlutoIsTheBest
Black Friday Pro

Postby PlutoIsTheBest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:03 pm

g-man430 wrote:
PlutoIsTheBest wrote:WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT REAL???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S BEEN EATING THE COOKIES AND DRINKING THE MILK ALL THESE YEARS????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO'S BEEN NIBBLING THE CARROTS??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloo Q Kazoo has been eating the cookies, drinking the milk, and nibbling the carrots. :D

LOL.

ooops944
Black Friday Pro

Postby ooops944 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:52 am

I was like 10 or 11 and I was in class. The teacher said something about there being no Santa then realized she may have made a mistake. She then said something like "everyone already knows there is no Santa, right?" We all agreed. But, I did not know and was so sad, but I held it together until I got home.

bfaddict
Black Friday Pro

Postby bfaddict » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 am

we would go to candlelight service at church every xmas eve. we would get home and my brother and i would go to bed. one year i had to get up for some reason and i saw my parents and aunt (she stayed with us every xmas eve) carrying up the 'santa' gifts from the basement! haha whoops!

my cousin once decided to video tape the xmas tree on xmas eve - and he was smart enough to not tell his parents that he was doing it. that's how he found out.

dsbarden
Black Friday Newbie

Postby dsbarden » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:57 pm

I was 6 years old and apparently noticed the store tags on some clothing. My mom tried to cover by saying that Santa gets clothing at KMart but
I wasn't buying it. I think my Mom was more sad about it than I was.

b.f.shopper
Black Friday Pro

Postby b.f.shopper » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm

We pretty poor growing up, so one year my mom didnt want us to be "disapointed" because were were only going to get 2 gifts so she told us Santa wasn't real, I was 8. :( From that point on, I helped shop and wrap the gifts, it was horrible.

I wanted my children to believe for as long as possible, I hid the presents at friends houses, bought things that I would never normally buy, and had friends write out the gift tags so they didnt recognize the writing, my kids believed until they were about 12 or 13 years old. We still write santa a letter, put out carrots, cookies, and Dr. Pepper. And only gifts from Santa are under the tree on Christmas morning.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:14 pm

The Oogie Boogie man kidnapped the Sandy Claws. :D
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

Return to “Off Topic”