How did you learn that Santa Claus wasn't real?

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: teknoge3k, hiker, lwmjr, ikey2

dajackson81
Black Friday Pro

How did you learn that Santa Claus wasn't real?

Postby dajackson81 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:31 pm

I was 6 years old and ALL I wanted for Christmas was Cricket (remember the doll that you put cassette tapes in the back of and told stories and sang songs?). Well that Christmas morning I woke up and lo and behold there was this HUGE box from Santa Claus under the tree. I excitedly opened it and to my disappointed was this doll that was suppose to somehow dance and sang (I don't even remember the name). I threw such a fit and was crying hysterically that my mom took me with her to the store the very next day to exchange the dancing doll (which was actually more expensive) for Cricket. Well I knew what receipts were and how you got them so as soon as she pulled that out at the customer service desk I realized that my parents were Santa Claus and that Christmas as I knew it existed no more. :shock:

ikey2
Forum Moderator

Re: How did you learn that Santa Claus wasn't real?

Postby ikey2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:39 pm

dajackson81 wrote:I was 6 years old and ALL I wanted for Christmas was Cricket (remember the doll that you put cassette tapes in the back of and told stories and sang songs?). Well that Christmas morning I woke up and lo and behold there was this HUGE box from Santa Claus under the tree. I excitedly opened it and to my disappointed was this doll that was suppose to somehow dance and sang (I don't even remember the name). I threw such a fit and was crying hysterically that my mom took me with her to the store the very next day to exchange the dancing doll (which was actually more expensive) for Cricket. Well I knew what receipts were and how you got them so as soon as she pulled that out at the customer service desk I realized that my parents were Santa Claus and that Christmas as I knew it existed no more. :shock:

That's a tale a lot of people share and I can easily see how you would have figured that out when she pulled the receipt out. Even though I am in my mid 30's I still believe in Santa Claus, now don't get me wrong that this is me being native. It's just the point of Santa and what he symbolise I believe in and the spirit around it.

Hey don't forget in the remake of Miracle on 34th St, The little girl gave the judge a dollar with "In God We Trust", We can't see him or fully understand the true meaning but we accept it in ones heart. So Santa is that kinda of same thing to me.

queen_lambtn
Black Friday Pro

Postby queen_lambtn » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:42 pm

I overheard some older kids talking about it on the playground. I was 7 and I didn't want my parents to know.

~Stefanie~
Black Friday Pro

Postby ~Stefanie~ » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:42 pm

I realized Santa's handwriting looked very similar to my Dad's...and I was right. I was 7.

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Santa's not real? :shock:
My life is over. :(

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:46 pm

I noticed handwriting was the same as well. I was like 6 or 7 and asked my mom why her writing was the same as "Santa's", she couldn't help but laugh cause she got busted. That was the end of Santa for me, but I didn't care.

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Santa is REAL. You guys don't know what you're talking about.
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

coco76
Black Friday Pro

Postby coco76 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 pm

Agreeing with g-man. He's real. I saw him!

XmasDVD
Black Friday Pro

Postby XmasDVD » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Who said he isn't real?

g-man430
Black Friday Pro

Postby g-man430 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:18 pm

XmasDVD wrote:Who said he isn't real?

The person who started this thread. :cry:
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!

nippythedog
Black Friday Pro

Postby nippythedog » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 pm

I first realized my parents were Santa when I was 6. I found the christmas list I wrote to "Santa" inside my mothers purse. She claimed she had forgotten to mail it...I wasn't buying it.

rmasonx2
Black Friday Pro

Postby rmasonx2 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:23 pm

I no longer believed in 4th grade. my mom was a teacher and had one of her students write me a letter from "Santa" (so I couldn't tell the handwriting) telling me how disappointed he was that I no longer believed in him...yeah in my stocking Christmas morning and there are pictures of me reading it w/ my headgear on :oops: yeah my mom and dad and their sick sense of humor

ANGWife
Black Friday Pro

Postby ANGWife » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:04 am

My older brother woke me up on Christmas Eve to catch my parents wrapping Santa presents and eating the cookies and milk. I don't remember how old I was, maybe 6-7?

sweetdiggity
Black Friday Pro

Postby sweetdiggity » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:51 am

ANGWife wrote:My older brother woke me up on Christmas Eve to catch my parents wrapping Santa presents and eating the cookies and milk. I don't remember how old I was, maybe 6-7?

Dang, that's a rough way to find out. lol
Oh well, at least there were presents anyways, right? :wink:

DarbyD53
Black Friday Pro

Postby DarbyD53 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:55 am

My mom or dad to this will not admit it, and I'm 29 lol. I know I believed atleast till 10-11.

I actually don't think I ever even had any doubts even at that age. I do miss it though. It was fun.

Return to “Off Topic”