Just filed our 2009 taxes!! WOO HOO!

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: ikey2, teknoge3k, Tony, cematra173, Huy, killasnake

bogart
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:04 am

Postby bogart » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 am

packers wrote:Wish I hadn't done mine. I have to pay in. a lot. The only thing I can figure is that my raise put me in a higher tax bracket and I lost the child tax credit. Ugh. Guess I better find a second job just to pay the IRS!


Welcome to "too rich to be poor, too poor to be rich"...

SamG
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Postby SamG » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 am

Look on the bright side... if you have to pay more in taxes, that means you made more through the year. Let's say your second job got you $5000 for the year, so even if you have to pay an extra $1500 in taxes, that's still $3500 you didn't have before.

User avatar
packers
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Postby packers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 pm

bfaddict wrote:i can't wait for the day when pets count towards the child credit!! :lol:


That would be so awesome... I have 5 pets! :shock: I'd get like $20,000 back! j/k :D

User avatar
packers
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Postby packers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 pm

SamG wrote:Look on the bright side... if you have to pay more in taxes, that means you made more through the year. Let's say your second job got you $5000 for the year, so even if you have to pay an extra $1500 in taxes, that's still $3500 you didn't have before.


I wonder how that works if all $5000 goes to the college and I put it down for the tuition credit? hmmmmm. Doesn't matter, that will be next year's worry. I still need the $5000 this year!

User avatar
packers
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Postby packers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 pm

bogart wrote:
packers wrote:Wish I hadn't done mine. I have to pay in. a lot. The only thing I can figure is that my raise put me in a higher tax bracket and I lost the child tax credit. Ugh. Guess I better find a second job just to pay the IRS!


Welcome to "too rich to be poor, too poor to be rich"...


Yeah, my "raise" was less than what my increased tax amount is. Doesn't seem right. This year I will make less, so if the tax brackets go up perhaps I will drop back down.

I love using my coupons and pinching my pennies while the "poor" buy big screen tv's and PS3's with the tax refund they got from my pocket! :?

elle_fleur
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 718
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:26 am

Postby elle_fleur » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 am

I know. I keep waiting for people to get tired of it so we can have REAL change.

User avatar
bfaddict
Black Friday Pro
Posts: 4808
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Contact:

Postby bfaddict » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:12 pm

packers wrote:
bfaddict wrote:i can't wait for the day when pets count towards the child credit!! :lol:


That would be so awesome... I have 5 pets! :shock: I'd get like $20,000 back! j/k :D


haha I have 4!!!

my co-worker has a newfoundland(?) dog and she said it costs them around $3,000 for upkeep of that dog.


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest