Pumpkin results

Anything non-Black Friday/non-deal related

Moderators: Tony, Huy, cematra173, killasnake

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Pumpkin results

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Just curious if any one knows whether we will get t-shirts for pumpkin submissions as in years past. I believe the emails are usually sent out by now but not sure. Just curious to know so I know how many shirts to buy??

twinkie023
Black Friday Pro

Re: Pumpkin results

Postby twinkie023 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:58 pm

We got an honorable mention "t-shirt winner" notice for my daughter's entry earlier in the week, so it's possible they have already gone out, but I'm not certain.

I know in the past, I've entered and didn't get a t-shirt, so it may just be select ones and you've rocked it each year! :D

clubing25
Black Friday Pro

Postby clubing25 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:01 pm

I wondered that as well whether it was just random. Which is fine, just curious before I purchase our shirts.

wwefk
Black Friday Pro

Postby wwefk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Well I hope it's not random, because 1, it's a contest and 2, they usually send shirts to entries with a black Friday theme. Granted mine was not carved, it was drawn on, but it was BF themed and I thought, pretty cleaver. :P

If they did choose already, I'd love for them to post a link :wink:
"CLARK, Audrey's frozen from the waist down!"

"It's all part of the experience, honey."

#blackfriday

CrazyTrain
Black Friday Pro

Postby CrazyTrain » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Did they ever post the results?

Sparkle2217
Black Friday Pro

Postby Sparkle2217 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Yes, on their FB page the ghosterbuster pumpkin won.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:07 am

I have a bit of a strange story. I received an email the day they announced the winners that was titled "BFAds 2015 Pumpkin Carving Contest Winner". I figured the year was just a typo. The message said that I received an honorable mention and to claim my free t-shirt, I needed to click the link and fill out my info. However, the picture of the Tshirt on the prize form was a picture of the 2016 Tee. I found that weird as well, but again chalked it up to a typo? I immediately filled out my info that day (October 31st)......and I still haven't received my Shirt. Normally I would just be patient and chalk it up to them being busy, but a person that won a daily giveaway of $50 and a Tee through the November contest said they already received their prize. So now I'm really confused :lol: Has anyone else had this same experience??
The best I can give you is a fake smile and dead eyes.

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

twinkie023
Black Friday Pro

Postby twinkie023 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 am

SavannahSparkles wrote:I have a bit of a strange story. I received an email the day they announced the winners that was titled "BFAds 2015 Pumpkin Carving Contest Winner". I figured the year was just a typo. The message said that I received an honorable mention and to claim my free t-shirt, I needed to click the link and fill out my info. However, the picture of the Tshirt on the prize form was a picture of the 2016 Tee. I found that weird as well, but again chalked it up to a typo? I immediately filled out my info that day (October 31st)......and I still haven't received my Shirt. Normally I would just be patient and chalk it up to them being busy, but a person that won a daily giveaway of $50 and a Tee through the November contest said they already received their prize. So now I'm really confused :lol: Has anyone else had this same experience??

We had somewhat of the same experience, though I don't think the email said 2015. I do know for certain that the shirt on the prize form was the purple shirt from 2016 though because it caught me a little off-guard and I wondered if that had just been accidentally overlooked or if you would actually get a 2016 shirt. Either way, I filled out the form for my 7 yr old (she's who carved the pumpkin) and sent it off while in the grocery store parking lot right after getting the email lol. She was so excited to get an honorable mention. This past Monday, right before heading to soccer practice, we stopped to check the mail and her shirt was in the mailbox.

Needless to say she was so excited that she put it on overtop her soccer gear and wore it proudly even though it's just a "little" too big for her haha.

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:27 pm

twinkie023 wrote:
SavannahSparkles wrote:I have a bit of a strange story. I received an email the day they announced the winners that was titled "BFAds 2015 Pumpkin Carving Contest Winner". I figured the year was just a typo. The message said that I received an honorable mention and to claim my free t-shirt, I needed to click the link and fill out my info. However, the picture of the Tshirt on the prize form was a picture of the 2016 Tee. I found that weird as well, but again chalked it up to a typo? I immediately filled out my info that day (October 31st)......and I still haven't received my Shirt. Normally I would just be patient and chalk it up to them being busy, but a person that won a daily giveaway of $50 and a Tee through the November contest said they already received their prize. So now I'm really confused :lol: Has anyone else had this same experience??

We had somewhat of the same experience, though I don't think the email said 2015. I do know for certain that the shirt on the prize form was the purple shirt from 2016 though because it caught me a little off-guard and I wondered if that had just been accidentally overlooked or if you would actually get a 2016 shirt. Either way, I filled out the form for my 7 yr old (she's who carved the pumpkin) and sent it off while in the grocery store parking lot right after getting the email lol. She was so excited to get an honorable mention. This past Monday, right before heading to soccer practice, we stopped to check the mail and her shirt was in the mailbox.

Needless to say she was so excited that she put it on overtop her soccer gear and wore it proudly even though it's just a "little" too big for her haha.

Your daughter is so adorable!! And update on my weird experience, I finally contacted the webmaster and got a reply. Tracking says my shirt should be here tomorrow!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

It’s one thing not to want something; it’s another to be told you can’t have it.

twinkie023
Black Friday Pro

Postby twinkie023 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:01 pm

SavannahSparkles wrote:
twinkie023 wrote:

Your daughter is so adorable!! And update on my weird experience, I finally contacted the webmaster and got a reply. Tracking says my shirt should be here tomorrow!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Did you get it, did you get it?!?!

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:40 pm

twinkie023 wrote:
SavannahSparkles wrote:
twinkie023 wrote:

8)

twinkie023
Black Friday Pro

Postby twinkie023 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:26 am

SavannahSparkles wrote:
twinkie023 wrote:
SavannahSparkles wrote:

8)

YAY!!!!

prettyinpink2904
Admin

Postby prettyinpink2904 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:06 pm

I can laugh about this now that you got your shirt, but I apologize that way my error! I generally run Webmaster and was doing pumpkins one day after working for what seemed like forever and after about 10 emails I realized that I was sending people emails with a 2015 title - we have a canned response to award pumpkin winners and I forgot to update the year. Then the next day I awarded someone a shirt and realized it was the wrong year pictured. So I apologize both of those errors are on me, but I'm super glad you got your shirt.

carmenslackey
Black Friday Pro

Postby carmenslackey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:21 pm

twinkie023 wrote:
SavannahSparkles wrote:
twinkie023 wrote:

8)

YAY!!!!

Glad you got your shirt!!! BTW, I have those same exact rooster curtains in my kitchen! :)

SavannahSparkles
Black Friday Pro

Postby SavannahSparkles » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:58 pm

carmenslackey wrote:
twinkie023 wrote:
SavannahSparkles wrote:
8)

YAY!!!!

Glad you got your shirt!!! BTW, I have those same exact rooster curtains in my kitchen! :)

Aww, we’re twinsies! :) I love roosters. I have a couple of metal statues of them in the kitchen too, and a scentsy warmer!

Return to “Off Topic”