Top Ten Toy Deals of Black Friday 2009
This article does not exclusively focus on the "hot" toys and instead is a brief highlighting of the best available deals on more commonly-available, popular children's toys.
I know what everyone is thinking: what could a male college-student possibly know about children's toys? Which is exactly why this article was written by Carli Entin, an associate editor at Scholastic and author of the website PresentProfessor.com.
- LEGO: Star Wars: The Twilight $60 (Reg. $100) at Toys R Us
- Air Hogs Micro Zero Gravity Radio Control Car $15 (Reg. $27.97) at Walmart
- Razor Ripster $35 (Reg. $59.99) at Kmart
- Furreal Friends S'mores Pony $99.99 (Reg. $299.99) at Toys R Us
- Barbie 60-piece Doll and Furniture Gift Set $29.99 ($59 value) at Target
- Wild Planet Animal Scramble Game $4.98 (Reg. $19.99) at Toys R Us
- Hot Wheels Trick Tracks Colossal Stunt World $19 ($40 value) at Walmart
- Transformers Animated Bumper Battlers $4.39 (Reg. $10.99) at Toys R Us
- Littlest Pet Shop Exclusive 2009 Around the World Set $19 at Kmart (Exclusive)
- Graco Interactive Smart Baby Doll with stroller, high chair, playard, travel bag, and changing pad $24.99 (Reg. $49.99) at Target
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is still a hot property, and at 40% off, this is a great deal.
One of the most popular toys from last year returns at a micro price.
A bit smaller than the original RipStik, designed for people "with a narrower stance" and for those interested in tricks. Also for those who want to save an extra $15; The RipStik classic is on sale almost everywhere (including Kmart) for around $50.
Finally, a price befitting a toy, not an actual pony.
Alone, the four "room" sets are hard to find and cost at least $13 each at Amazon.com; together, they are a formidable pink powerhouse.
The critically acclaimed active learning game at one-fourth its original price.
Similar Deal: Hot Wheels Trick Tracks Jumbo Stunt Set
$19.99 (Reg. $39.99) at Kohl's
What's the difference between Colossal and Jumbo? From what I can tell, Walmart gives you one more car a little more bang for your buck.
Quick transforming action figure/cars for the younger set. Get two so they can "battle."
A better Littlest-Pet-per-dollar ratio than Target's exclusive set, with 12 pets and accessories.
For the money, the best doll deal of the day.